Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  1988GT + 3800 = fun? We'll see! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
1988GT + 3800 = fun? We'll see! by JamesCurtis
Started on: 07-18-2009 01:26 AM
Replies: 160 (6683 views)
Last post by: JamesCurtis on 09-15-2014 06:58 PM
JamesCurtis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2014 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: The car has about 4000 miles on it since the swap and has made a 200 mile round trip but I haven't been brave enough to take it further. I'm having funny issues with my gas gauge, the car died on me when the gauge said the tank was half full and the tank ended up being empty. I have learned to fill the tank before the halfway mark. My MPG seems to vary wildly and the car has a bit of a surging whine noise while the car is under part load (cruising at a constant speed) and I'm wondering if my transmission is having issues. Earlier this summer I had to take my alternator and battery in to get them checked because of fluctuating voltage but after putting everything together I haven't had a problem since, I must have had a loose connection. I've taken my 3.4" pulley off and went to the stock 3.8" pulley until I can get my KR under control at 3.4". I'm trying to find a local exhaust company that's comfortable upgrading my downpipe to 3" and tucking the exhaust up under the car a bit without impacting the trunk but I haven't had anyone bite yet.

It turns out there is a local dyno tuning shop about 40 minutes away and I'm going to take it down there some time to see what numbers I can pull. Overall it's just an old car with problems but it has been really reliable for me since replacing the crank sensor. It's been my daily driver most of 2014 without a hiccup. I am however needing to replace the tires before winter hits if I have any plans on driving it in snow. Sorry for the brain dump, I'm just trying to keep this out of the archives!

Edit: Just passed 130,000 miles, hopefully I can eek another 130k out of this car!

[This message has been edited by JamesCurtis (edited 09-15-2014).]

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock