4t60 swap? by jimbolaya
Started on: 07-25-2014 07:38 PM
Replies: 116 (3931 views)
Last post by: jimbolaya on 11-13-2014 08:00 PM
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are looking for the brackets, find a car with a4t60 in it and get the brackets off the tranny. You will be using thE factory 4t60 brackets. For the shifter bracket. Take the one off the th125, flatten the piece that bolts up to the tranny. You will be using one bolt from the shifter switch and the bolt adjacent to it. You will need to modify the holes on the bracket to get it to fit. But it is a lot easier than meshing the 125 and 4t60 brackets together.
IP: Logged
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So my trip to the boneyard was successful. I found all the brackets for the mounts I needed, plus the correct governor cap. I just got done putting the brackets and mounts on, but I have an alignment issue. My tank is empty, so I will look at it closer tomorrow. I will also follow up with some picture of the issue, and then final installation. Thanks for everyones help so far.

Jim
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007
So AlanD here on the forum, and I were looking at wiring schematics for the TCC. We have run into an odd issue. The transmission has 4T40 stamped on it in several locations. 4T40's/4T60's are supposed to have a 5 pin connector for the TCC. However, it has a 7 pin connector, which is what normally comes with the E (electronic version) The transmission has a kickdown cable, and the transmission pan is shaped the same as a regular 4T40. (the E version has a different shape according to AllData) Those things coupled together make me pretty certain I have the right transmission. So here's the question, how do I wire the TCC up? Many thanks.

Jim
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
should look like this one. notice the vacuum modulator right below it.

[This message has been edited by Grantman (edited 10-18-2014).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

should look like this one. notice the vacuum modulator right below it.

I know what it should look like, but it doesn't. That's the problem. Mine is exactly like the one on the far right. Picture stolen from this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/000041.html

Jim

Edit: For a better photo.

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 10-18-2014).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We finally got it mounted properly, but besides the issue with the TCC plug I now need to figure out how to mount the shifter mechanism. Sorry if thats not the proper name, but it's the thing on top that shift it through P, R, N, and D. I believe there is info on this, I just need to go find it.

Jim
raysr11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

First issue, the governor cap. The one with my 4T40, was the wrong one. The photos below will show the difference.

The governor cap on the left is off the Fiero. It will not mount onto the 4T40. Holes do not match and it will not sit flush to the tranny anyway. The one on the right (installed) does fit, however it will not work because the gear inside is metal, and spins magnetically. Unlike the Fiero gear, which is a plastic gear, and is gear driven like our headlight motors. Easy fix. I just go back to the yard and find one, off a 4T40 or 4T60 that looks like the Fiero Governor, but is a little taller. The visual comparison helped me understand exactly what I am looking for now.

Jim

So how do you know if it will fit the the trans you're using? This governor thing has me baffled. Isn't there a specific trans/model that can be recommended? I have finally settled on using a 87 to 89 Olds Cutlass Ciera trans with a 2.8. Hasn't anyone ever discovered the trans make and model that the working governor came from so if it can't found needle in haystack fashion it could be purchased? Also what "brackets" are you referring to? Do you mean motor mounts? Can't you just buy new ones for the trans make and model your using?

[This message has been edited by raysr11 (edited 10-19-2014).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by raysr11:

So how do you know if it will fit the the trans you're using? This governor thing has me baffled. Isn't there a specific trans/model that can be recommended? I have finally settled on using a 87 to 89 Olds Cutlass Ciera trans with a 2.8. Hasn't anyone ever discovered the trans make and model that the working governor came from so if it can't found needle in haystack fashion it could be purchased? Also what "brackets" are you referring to? Do you mean motor mounts? Can't you just buy new ones for the trans make and model your using?

The correct governor cap looks exactly like the Fiero governor, but comes from a 4T40 or 4T60. It is gear driven instead of magnetic driven. Even though it looks the same visually, it is actually taller. You can't tell that just from visual inspection. That why I said that visual "comparison" helped. You will use the VSS from the Fiero. The correct governor cap came off an 86 Cadillac, (I think a DeVille) with a 4T60 tranny

The mount issue had me confused also. The confusion came from not completely understanding what was actually the mount. A motor mount is actually only the rubber part that attaches to the cradle. The bracket, is the metal that attaches to the mount and then the tran. You will use stock motor mounts, but brackets off of any numerous cars. I got mine off of a 1990 Buick Century. Really the only way to find these is to take a picture with you to the boneyard. I don't think you can buy these from an auto parts store.

Jim

Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim

still wondering if you've got a 4T60e instead of a 4T60. The 7 pin connector isn't for a 4T60. The 4T60e will not have a tv cable. TH125's and 4T60's do. see picture below. does your transmission have the TV (kickdown cable)? both apparently have the vacuum modulator. but there is a difference in the TV cable.

raysr11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The correct governor cap looks exactly like the Fiero governor, but comes from a 4T40 or 4T60. It is gear driven instead of magnetic driven. Even though it looks the same visually, it is actually taller. You can't tell that just from visual inspection. That why I said that visual "comparison" helped. You will use the VSS from the Fiero. The correct governor cap came off an 86 Cadillac, (I think a DeVille) with a 4T60 tranny

The mount issue had me confused also. The confusion came from not completely understanding what was actually the mount. A motor mount is actually only the rubber part that attaches to the cradle. The bracket, is the metal that attaches to the mount and then the tran. You will use stock motor mounts, but brackets off of any numerous cars. I got mine off of a 1990 Buick Century. Really the only way to find these is to take a picture with you to the boneyard. I don't think you can buy these from an auto parts store.

Jim

Ok I'm "beginning" to understand. Ha. Thanks
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim

still wondering if you've got a 4T60e instead of a 4T60. The 7 pin connector isn't for a 4T60. The 4T60e will not have a tv cable. TH125's and 4T60's do. see picture below. does your transmission have the TV (kickdown cable)? both apparently have the vacuum modulator. but there is a difference in the TV cable.

Yes, mine has the kickdown cable. That's why this is so confusing. If after all this work, If I have don't have a 440T4, I will be so pissed.

Jim

Edit: I'm pissed, I have an electronically controlled F7. Almost exactly the same as a 440T4, but it's electronically controlled.

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 10-25-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007
This is a picture of the shifter area. This is what came with the Allante. The Fiero shifter mechanism will not mount to this tran.

Jim
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Installed rear mount.

Installed front mount.

Wider view of everything mounted.

Jim
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Grant, this will help you understand what I am talking about. Red outline is the trans bracket for the front mount, and the blue outline is the actual mount. Like you, when someone referred to the "mount" I was assuming all of that was the mount. So the blue part is what stays stock, but the red parts (brackets) are what have to change.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 10-20-2014).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007
I found the information on the shift bracket. I just need to cut off some excess and drill some mount holes on the Fiero bracket. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, if someone can just help me figure out the wiring of the TCC.

Jim
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems to me I ordered a new mount from rockauto and it came with the complete bracket that attached both to the transmission and to the frame. I got new ones because I was also going to a 3.4 and didn't want an old fatigued mount. I just ordered one to fit the car my trans came from a 1991 olds delta 88. when I switched transmissons to a 89 cutlass ciera I kept those same mounts.

the 7 pin in confusing. do you have a picture showing what you plug into on the transmission? If you plan to have the ECM control the TCC the fiero harness only has 2 wires. Purple is for the brake switch and black/tan is the actual ECM TCC control. but the 7 pin on the right in your photo doesn't appear to have those colors, if thats the connector that goes into the transmisison you would need a wiring diagram from the Allante transmission to determine what colors match the 2 from the Fiero harness. The other wires left over aren't used and can be taped together or cut off and cover up to prevent moisture from getting in. The pdf I sent marked C has this information regarding the colors.
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
4t40 is not the same as 4t60. There is no 4t40, only 4t40e( 4t40 <-------> 4t40E )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...40_transmission#4T40

The correct transmission is a 4t60 (440t4)

440t4/4t60 produced from 1984-94 ( 4spd overdrive )
TH125/3t40 produced from 1980-96 ( 3spd )
4t40E produced from 1995-2010 ( 4spd light duty )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wik..._of_GM_transmissions

Looks like you have the wrong transmission.
hiwil88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe you have the wrong tranny as well, the 4t60 has a 4 pin or a 5 pin connector for the tcc. If you have a 7 pin you have an "e" model.
flimbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
double post..........

[This message has been edited by flimbob (edited 10-20-2014).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flimbob:

4t40 is not the same as 4t60. There is no 4t40, only 4t40e( 4t40 <-------> 4t40E )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...40_transmission#4T40

The correct transmission is a 4t60 (440t4)

440t4/4t60 produced from 1984-94 ( 4spd overdrive )
TH125/3t40 produced from 1980-96 ( 3spd )
4t40E produced from 1995-2010 ( 4spd light duty )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wik..._of_GM_transmissions

Looks like you have the wrong transmission.

It says 440T on it. My mistake on the name. I have seen it called several different things, but 440 is whats on the tranny.

Jim
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by hiwil88formula:

I believe you have the wrong tranny as well, the 4t60 has a 4 pin or a 5 pin connector for the tcc. If you have a 7 pin you have an "e" model.

But it has a kickdown cable. Why would it have that, if kickdown is done electronically? I cannot find any "E" anywhere on the tranny.

Jim

PFF
System Bot
flimbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you determine year and broadcast code of the transmission? Please refer to the link below:
http://www.gmtuners.com/transmission/index.htm
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when you have time take a picture of the connection on transmission above the modulator and a closer pic of the tv cable going into the trans. also seems like the water pipe should be a lot closer to the modulator if the trans is bolted to the cradle. maybe it's not bolted down yet.
flimbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ryan Hess points out in this thread that a 4t60 has 19 bolts on the transmission pan where a 4t60e has 20.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-2-077712.html
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The transmission is a GM rebuilt trans, and does not have that label on it. I had checked the pan info before. It only has 19 bolts instead of 20. Pans are also shaped different for the E. Also if you look at Ryan Hess' thread his "E" trans has no kickdown cable. Even the chart referenced above shows that no "E" transmission was available for any Cadillac Allante. Everything appears to be correct on this tranny, except it has a 7 pin connector. I can open up the cover and look at the wiring, but I prefer not to. I'm feeling more confident it is the right transmission, but it has this one quirk.

Jim

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007

also seems like the water pipe should be a lot closer to the modulator if the trans is bolted to the cradle.

The engine and tran are bolted to the cradle, but that water pipe is not supported and is just sitting there.

Jim

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Allanté came with a 4.5. The ECM is not the same as the PCM used in the 2.8.
The torque converter control circuitry is probably different in this trans as compared to a trans from a 3.1 powered car. There may be other differences as well, some may be significant.
You need a 4T60 service manual to be positive.
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The engine and tran are bolted to the cradle, but that water pipe is not supported and is just sitting there.

Jim

reason I bring it up is the standard modulator on these cars is really big and the write ups all seem to suggest that when hooked up the big modulator interferes with the coolant line so they suggest the smaller one. I put the smaller one on mine (bought it from a parts store) and it fit, but could see why the larger one may not.

interesting thought from Olejoedad on the allante transmission. He has forgotten more than I'll ever know about fiero's and swaps, he's a great resource. unfortunately this complicates the wiring. must be doable, just a different approach needs to be taken.
AlanD

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlanDSend a Private Message to AlanDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car it came out of was a 1987 Allante with the 4.1 The trans was a GM replacement. Since the dash is digital, we could not check the mileage but the car was very clean and had a sticker saying the last oil change was at 80000. It drove all the way to the scene of the accident on the rear quarter. Anyway, the TV cable looks identical to the Fiero except much shorter and the Fiero TV bolted right in place of it. I am just not sure on the wiring since I wasn't expecting the 7 pin to be a problem and all previous swaps were 5 pin. I'd like to think it is the same as the 5 plus maybe a temp or pressure sensor that aren't needed in this application.
Al

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The Allanté came with a 4.5. The ECM is not the same as the PCM used in the 2.8.
The torque converter control circuitry is probably different in this trans as compared to a trans from a 3.1 powered car. There may be other differences as well, some may be significant.
You need a 4T60 service manual to be positive.

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Edit: What Al said. He's the one helping me.

Jim

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007

reason I bring it up is the standard modulator on these cars is really big and the write ups all seem to suggest that when hooked up the big modulator interferes with the coolant line so they suggest the smaller one. I put the smaller one on mine (bought it from a parts store) and it fit, but could see why the larger one may not.

I plan on buying the smaller one. what car model and year did you use when you bought the smaller one? I would rather go to an auto parts store rather than go back to the yard.

Jim

PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
quite honestly I saw the part number on one of the 4T60 build threads and went to Oreillys with that number. I probably can look it up on my home computer tonight and find the thread with the part number if you need it. have you decided where to pull vacuum?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give the vacuum modulator its own vacuum signal. Do not share with other devices....
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it appears that I am royally screwed. I just wasted a crap load of time, and a crap load of money for absolutely NOTHING. I am so mad and discouraged right now. Of course the Allante is the only car on the planet that has an electronically controlled 440T4 transmission with a kick down cable. I have no idea what I am going to do.

Jim
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go to wrecking yard and get a 4.9 and ecu?

See if the trans can be converted to standard configuration by changing parts....
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Go to wrecking yard and get a 4.9 and ecu?

4.9 AND ecu, or or you just saying the ecu from a 4.9? Because if are saying buy a 4.9 engine, that is not really an option. This is my sons car and I was trying to put a 4 speed auto tran in it so it would get better gas mileage. I don't want, or need power, or torque. He has a decent commute and 20 mpg is not cutting it.

See if the trans can be converted to standard configuration by changing parts....

Standard as in a regular 440T4? What more parts would I have to change?

Jim
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wish I knew something that would help. wonder if an allante shop manual online would indicate that the extra wires aren't needed to run the transmission. 3 out of the 5 regular wires that are on a 4T60 aren't used. maybe the extra connections on the allante aren't used.
I'm sure you've already thought whether the place you got it from would give you most of your money back on the allante in exchange for a regular 4T60? it wasn't their fault but maybe they'd still find a way to help.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Standard as in a regular 440T4? What more parts would I have to change?

Jim

Perhaps as simple as changing the valve body and associated solenoids, but I don't know. Contact a transmission repair shop.

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wish I knew something that would help. wonder if an allante shop manual online would indicate that the extra wires aren't needed to run the transmission. 3 out of the 5 regular wires that are on a 4T60 aren't used. maybe the extra connections on the allante aren't used.
I'm sure you've already thought whether the place you got it from would give you most of your money back on the allante in exchange for a regular 4T60? it wasn't their fault but maybe they'd still find a way to help.

Thanks for the kind sentiment Grant. I am still waiting to here back from Ryan at Sinister Performance (Darth Fiero ) one more time, to see if anything else can be done. If not, I will be headed back to the bone yard to pull another tran. It's my only option. I believe Pic N Pull will give me full credit on trade as I do have my receipt, but that totally waste my vacation time, and I will not have any, bulk of, free time until next spring. ( I work retail ) Maybe I can get it put back together by this weekend, but I had other stuff I needed to do, and it is supposed to rain the next 2 days. The wife is not going to be happy with a disassembled car in the driveway for a long period of time. Heck, I'm not happy with it.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 10-21-2014).]

spcearle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2014 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just completed a 4t60 swap in my fiero this summer and when I did mine I just spliced in the harness inside the transmission to the one from my 125... Hooked it up to the 4th gear pressure switch and it locks up in 3rd and 4th like it's supposed to....that way the factory harness just plugs in like normal with the 4 plug harness and doesn't have spliced up wires
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock