Started on: 03-20-2024 04:58 PM
Replies: 94 (844 views)
Last post by: BingB on 04-03-2024 03:14 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could the the judiciary be replaced by AI?

------------------
"Ain't no rest for the whiskers."

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some day in the future

NOT NOW

but the system needs it's butt kicked in hard
and reminded not only does actual innocence MATTER
IT IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT THEN THE RULES AND RIGHTS BS
that is what higher court spend far too much time and efforts now

and where the WOKE movements are very important
to not pack kids off to prison like the nut con's demand
christo-facist is a real common path to political office
and they demand CONvictions to get CONvicts to pack prisons

they pretend the law and order regime has no victims
it does they just refuse to see them

that is where the RWNJ ANTI-WOKE B S IS TRAGIC
there is and will be strong bias in the so called but lacking of justice system
anti-woke nuts just reinforce the systems evil dark side
and worse are so damm proud of themselves for doing it
damm nut con on courts damm the rump for putting the worse ones there

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 03-20-2024).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

but the system needs it's butt kicked in hard
and reminded not only does actual innocence MATTER
IT IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT THEN THE RULES AND RIGHTS BS
that is what higher court spend far too much time and efforts now

and where the WOKE movements are very important

How many times have you been arrested?

How much time have you spent in jail / prison?
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2024 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Could the judiciary be replaced by AI?

The jury could never be replaced by AI.

Judges maybe, but it would be very difficult. The law changes as society changes. Not sure how AI would deal with that.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2024 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can it? Absolutely.
Would it be Constitutional? Absolutely not!
Should it be? 100% no...

Already though, there are several AI tools out there that are being used for judges to handle sentencing. All things aside of course... you know a certain crime in a certain state, and even in a certain county has a defined recourse / sentence structure. So, within those confines, there are programs that take into consideration the likelihood of a convict to recommit an act, and it provides recommended sentencing. This happens for both bench trials as well as jury-led trials.

UNFORTUNATELY... there was a case just a couple of years ago where a kid was sentenced based on the recommendations of an AI-based system that the judge used. The kid repealed, and it went all the way to the state Supreme Court (I forget the state, but I can look it up if you really want me to). The state supreme court ruled it was 100% constitutional. I find this appalling. I haven't done a whole lot of research, but I'm thinking I probably cannot find anywhere that it's specifically unconstitutional, but it really depends on me reading and re-reading Article three of the Constitution, as well as the 6th, 7th, and 8th Amendment, as well as any subsequent amendments that address the judiciary process... and probably even the 9th amendment too could come into this.

For me personally, I find it absolutely horrifying.

One of the key benefits of having a HUMAN as a judge, is considering the impassioned pleas of the defendant, the defense attorney, and the character witnesses. Because an individual might fit into a unique age group, or group of individual types that might be more likely to recommit a crime, does not (in my mind) give the Judiciary the right to take away the "right of conscious" from the judge. Ultimately, the judge is still making the decision... but he/she may be swayed by the trust this individual has in the results of the AI model.

Like... I cannot express enough how much it horrifies me. Regardless... precedent is set when a court rules that such a thing is permissible; so even absent any laws to the contrary (that explicitly allow such actions), AI is now firmly allowed in that state (again, I forget the state), which means it may also be used as a "persuasive authority" in other states, even if not officially binding.

I just don't like it at all. For what it's worth, my career the last two to three years has all been in AI. I think it's great, but I also think it can be improperly applied. And this is a place where human authenticity, for all it's failure, is still much better than one that is based purely on "logic" (which is only as good as the learning model it's built from).

Originally posted by BingB:
The jury could never be replaced by AI.

Judges maybe, but it would be very difficult. The law changes as society changes. Not sure how AI would deal with that.

Totally doable through simple knowledge graph completion, with model retraining through the orchestrator, which updates embeddings which result in an updated vector database to update / change the weights and tokens in the matrix. All of that is to say it learns from new information, and builds inferences to new concepts and ideas which update the knowledge graph. It's not a hard problem, and totally doable.

The question isn't IF it can be done, it's IF it should be done... and I sincerely mean that. Our judicial system, as imperfect as it may be, is the best most human thing we have in society. You destroy that, and you've destroyed the very fabric of what makes this all work.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 03-22-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2024 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Totally doable through simple knowledge graph completion, with model retraining through the orchestrator, which updates embeddings which result in an updated vector database to update / change the weights and tokens in the matrix. All of that is to say it learns from new information, and builds inferences to new concepts and ideas which update the knowledge graph. It's not a hard problem, and totally doable.

The question isn't IF it can be done, it's IF it should be done... and I sincerely mean that. Our judicial system, as imperfect as it may be, is the best most human thing we have in society. You destroy that, and you've destroyed the very fabric of what makes this all work.

Interesting position. I am kind of the opposite. I would say that if it can be done then it should be done. "Human error" is the biggest problem we have today. Most people screaming about problems with "the police" are usually actually screaming about the actions of bad individuals who happen to be police. I am sure judges are the same way. When you hear a story about a crazy decision the problem is more likely to be a crazy individual judge instead of "the system".

I understand the theory of AI, but not near enough about the specifics to know what its limits are.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2024 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And there is that pesky ' jury of your peers' thingy.....
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

And there is that pesky ' jury of your peers' thingy.....

Yes, that thankfully is rooted firmly in the constitution, unfortunately... there is no such language that clearly counters the use of AI in other aspects of law... and that concerns me. Another wild take though, is the point at which AI or an AI-based entity is considered a "person." I forget which European country it is... but they ethically considered an AI entity a person. To that extent, if you get the right Supreme Court (should it work it's way up that high), you could conceivably have a situation in the distant future where the jury is in fact "AI based."

But more immediate... what's to stop a jury from being allowed to use an AI system in the deliberation room? We have a "fair and impartial" jury... but if it can be argued that an AI system (for reasoning... lol, God help us) provides for a more fair and impartial evaluation of the facts... then it also could in effect become something that improperly sways the jury by means of actually trying to help it.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The law changes as society changes.

Are you referring to the Constitution? Or just "courts" in general?
You know it takes a monumental, concerted effort to change the constitution - by design. Right?
There's a reason for that - in spite of all the "end-around" regulations, and E.O.s that "agencies and presidents" try to pass off.

It is not a "living document" as some wish.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40731 posts
Member since Oct 1999
To directly answer the question...
AI is a misnomer. It is not "intelligent". It does not think. At all.
All it does is compile facts. Hard facts. LOTS AND LOTS of hard facts.

But it has no "judgement", per se. It can (and will) overlook subtleties and nuances that a person can detect. (AI can't, to my knowledge, detect tone of voice, nervousness, or even sarcasm.) It seems like it would be difficult to present raw facts in a format that could be accurately judged. It also seems that it would be too easy to skew the information, to one's own purpose.

So... "No". Which doesn't mean that someone won't try.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Are you referring to the Constitution? Or just "courts" in general?
You know it takes a monumental, concerted effort to change the constitution - by design. Right?
There's a reason for that - in spite of all the "end-around" regulations, and E.O.s that "agencies and presidents" try to pass off.

It is not a "living document" as some wish.

The law changes constantly based on the courts interpretation.

The Constitution did not change when same sex couple were given equal protection under the law or when a womans right to abortion was recently limited.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well... the interpretation certainly changes.
Personally, I think there are too many "laws" and too many interpretations. Too many interpretations that would tend to "whittle away" at the Constitution, bit by bit.
And yeah... it goes both ways, depending upon your social outlook.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To directly answer the question...
AI is a misnomer. It is not "intelligent". It does not think. At all.
All it does is compile facts. Hard facts. LOTS AND LOTS of hard facts.

But it has no "judgement", per se. It can (and will) overlook subtleties and nuances that a person can detect. (AI can't, to my knowledge, detect tone of voice, nervousness, or even sarcasm.) It seems like it would be difficult to present raw facts in a format that could be accurately judged. It also seems that it would be too easy to skew the information, to one's own purpose.

So... "No". Which doesn't mean that someone won't try.

AI can certainly be trained to discern tone of voice, nervousness, and sarcasm... using anything from Computer Vision to identify facial traits, to audio analysis to identify the other things. But as you say... judgement is the issue. AI doesn't so much miss subtleties (there are masking routines to ensure rule integrity is respected), but it has trouble making humanistic and logical inferences. Things that require somewhat "illogical thought" in order to properly reason (as a human) is not something that AI can necessarily do, and likely will never be able to do well.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Constitution did not change when same sex couple were given equal protection under the law or when a womans right to abortion was recently limited.

Women have never had a 'right' to have an abortion.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18130 posts
Member since May 2004
I've been using AI all of my life, but I'm referring to Actual Intelligence.......just sayin'.

Maybe they should revise the name to small letter 'a' and capital letter 'I'.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Women have never had a 'right' to have an abortion.

You need to do a little research. In 1973 the SCOTUS ruled that the Constitution protected a womans right to have an abortion until the third trimester. No state could make a law to violate that right.

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1049 posts
Member since Nov 2023

Well... the interpretation certainly changes.
Personally, I think there are too many "laws" and too many interpretations. Too many interpretations that would tend to "whittle away" at the Constitution, bit by bit.
And yeah... it goes both ways, depending upon your social outlook.

It is impossible to write a law so specific that it covers every possible set of facts. The Courts are the ones who fill in the blanks and decide how the laws are to be interpreted.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You need to do a little research. In 1973 the SCOTUS ruled that the Constitution protected a womans right to have an abortion until the third trimester. No state could make a law to violate that right.

I would argue that Rights come to a person from God.
Any person can kill another, its a choice.
God also commands "Thou shalt not kill".

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 03-23-2024).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In 1973 the SCOTUS ruled that the Constitution protected a womans right to have an abortion until the third trimester. No state could make a law to violate that right.

In 2022 the court corrected that error.

"We hold," he (Justice Alito) wrote (for the majority), that "the Constitution does not confer a right to abortion."

"To ensure that our decision is not misunderstood or mischaracterized, we emphasize that our decision concerns the constitutional right to abortion and no other right. Nothing in this opinion should be understood to cast doubt on precedents that do not concern abortion. "

Accordingly, there was never any such "right" to abortion specified or implied in the Constitution.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-23-2024).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"the Constitution protected a womans right to have an abortion" NO... this is completely incorrect. They stated that a woman had the right to PRIVACY. And by virtue of that, allowed women in some cases to make a decision (privately) what was best for them. It was very clear in that it gave no absolute right to an abortion (this is literally in the decision). There was no such statement that said "the constitution protected a woman's right to have an abortion." The entire decision ultimately led to the passage of the Privacy Act of 1974, which is the grandfather to our modern electronic privacy rights (and even a foundational component of Europe's GDPR, and similar laws here like CCPA, etc.

It was widely heralded by many Democrat constitutional lawyers, including Archibald Cox, that it was a very poor decision, and mixed two completely dissimilar concepts (the right to privacy, and the right to essentially murder a fetus). It was WELL known, for a very long time, that this was a very poorly made court decision that was based almost entirely on activism, rather than constitutional logic.

To that point, Democrats have known for many, MANY decades that this law would eventually be overturned if and when the right appeal and conditions were met. The constitution makes no law for or against abortion, and in absence of a Federal law, it's entirely up to the states. Democrats had 50 years to pass a law... even just the most basic law to ensure or better define the conditions of an abortion... and they never bothered to. They just used it as a political carrot... always threatening it would be repealed.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It was WELL known, for a very long time, that this was a very poorly made court decision that was based almost entirely on activism, rather than constitutional logic.

Just a casual reading of Justice Blackmun''s writing for the majority in Roe v Wade exposes how wholly contrived the opinion was.

Justice Blackmun went to considerable length to discuss the medical history of abortion, the views of Persians, Greeks and Romans, and quoted two versions of the Hippocratic oath and early English authors dating to the 13th century.

What he DID NOT quote was any provision in the Constitution that protects abortion rights.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-23-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Which AI would you want to replace it with ? AI is just programed by the programmers agenda. Hopefully you know about AI changing skin color on historical figures.

Tis you who needs to do some research. The US Constitution protected a woman's right to privacy, as mentioned.

A woman's right to have a abortion ? What about the father of the fetus.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35957 posts
Member since Jun 2003
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would argue that Rights come to a person from God.

You would be wrong.

If rights came from God then everyone everywhere on earth would have the same rights. But they don't. A persons rights depend totally on the government jurisdiction over them.

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1049 posts
Member since Nov 2023

God also commands "Thou shalt not kill".

Yet people still kill each other.

I believe that based on the logic you have used in other threads this means that the Ten Commandments are a complete waste of god's time.

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1049 posts
Member since Nov 2023
I am not argueing that Roe V wade was the correct decision.

All I am saying is that the ruling prevented any law that would restrict a woman's right to an abortion up to the third trimester. That means her right to an abortion was protected.

If you claim he right to an abortion was NOT protected then tell me what a government agency could have done under Roe to prevent a woman from having an abortion.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You would be wrong.

If rights came from God then everyone everywhere on earth would have the same rights. But they don't. A persons rights depend totally on the government jurisdiction over them.

You are wrong. All men are endowed by their creator with rights. Governments are not powerful enough to bestow rights, they can only infringe on them.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are wrong. All men are endowed by their creator with rights. Governments are not powerful enough to bestow rights, they can only infringe on them.

Then the United States government is clearly more powerful than your god. Millions of people lived here as slaves until the government set them free. The "rights" granted to them by your god was completely worthless.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then the United States government is clearly more powerful than your god. Millions of people lived here as slaves until the government set them free. The "rights" granted to them by your god was completely worthless.

Governments are not powerful enough to bestow rights, they can only infringe on them.

This is why discussion with you is futile. I have already answered your questions. There is no reason for me to repeat myself. You are incapable of learning.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19543 posts
Member since Mar 2009
I have explained here many times that one of God's greatest gifts is freedom, which includes the freedom to do evil. Without that gift, we would be no different from ants and bees, that is to say socialists.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have explained here many times that one of God's greatest gifts is freedom,.

And I have explained that his "gift" was useless in the United States for millions of people who were born into chattel slavery. Their right to freedom had nothing to do with any god. The government was the one who gave them their freedom.

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And I have explained that his "gift" was useless in the United States for millions of people who were born into chattel slavery. Their right to freedom had nothing to do with any god. The government was the one who gave them their freedom.

Governments are not powerful enough to bestow rights, they can only infringe on them.

This is why discussion with you is futile. I have already answered your questions. There is no reason for me to repeat myself. You are incapable of learning.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19543 posts
Member since Mar 2009

The government was the one who gave them their freedom.

This belief is why Leftists will never be free.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You would be wrong.

If rights came from God then everyone everywhere on earth would have the same rights.

So you've lost the abortion discussion, and now shifting to this.

Per the United States Constitution, our inalienable rights come from three sources:

GOD
NATURE
MAN

... period. Regardless what you believe, want to believe, or want it to be, this is fact in so far as this is what the U.S. Constitution states, and therefore, it is the law of the land in the United States. Why are you comparing other countries?

"...until the government set them free"

Unbelievable. I question whether you actually think this way, or if you're just being a troll.

The government, in the United States, is derived by the people in the concept of a representative Republic. The "government" doesn't do anything, it's TOLD what to do. This is ALSO fact.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Years ago, I had a friend who's car had been stolen and found just a few blocks away. The cops speculated that some punks used it for a drive-by, then abandoned it.

By Fred's logic, some gangsters gave my friend a car.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Per the United States Constitution, our inalienable rights come from three sources:

GOD
NATURE
MAN

... period. Regardless what you believe, want to believe, or want it to be, this is fact in so far as this is what the U.S. Constitution states, and therefore, it is the law of the land in the United States. Why are you comparing other countries?

God is not mentioned in the Constitution.

Try reading it yourself instead of just blindly parroting right-wing propaganda.

"...until the government set them free"

Unbelievable. I question whether you actually think this way, or if you're just being a troll.

The government, in the United States, is derived by the people in the concept of a representative Republic. The "government" doesn't do anything, it's TOLD what to do. This is ALSO fact.

Okee Dokee. The PEOPLE told the government to end slavery. I agree with you on that.

But it still proves my point that people rights do not come from god.

[This message has been edited by BingB (edited 03-24-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1049 posts
Member since Nov 2023

This belief is why Leftists will never be free.

Who do you think ended slavery?

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yet people still kill each other.

I believe that based on the logic you have used in other threads this means that the Ten Commandments are a complete waste of god's time.

One of God's gift to mankind was the freedom to choose between good and evil.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18130 posts
Member since May 2004

You would be wrong.

We do all have the same rights, but government stifles them.
America's Constitution is written to place restrictions on Government to protect the rights that all humans are born to.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18130 posts
Member since May 2004

Nothing is more powerful than God.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock