Started on: 03-20-2024 04:58 PM
Replies: 94 (844 views)
Last post by: BingB on 04-03-2024 03:14 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

And I have explained that his "gift" was useless in the United States for millions of people who were born into chattel slavery. Their right to freedom had nothing to do with any god. The government was the one who gave them their freedom.

You have never posted a convincing argument in the entire time you have been on this Forum.

IP: Logged
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18133 posts
Member since May 2004

Who do you think ended slavery?

Republicans.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18133 posts
Member since May 2004

Okee Dokee. The PEOPLE told the government to end slavery. I agree with you on that.

But it still proves my point that people rights do not come from god.

Yet the 1st Amendment guarantees the right to worship as one chooses, and prevents the government from endorsing one particular religion of all of the others.
BingB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Nothing is more powerful than God.

Then God is not the one who grants the right to liberty because there were millions of people living as chattel slaves in the United States until the laws of the government changed.

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1049 posts
Member since Nov 2023

Republicans.

Correct.

Not God.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your responses indicate that you are pursuing a moronic line of reasoning.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No they do not.

If you give me the details of your claim I will show how you are wrong.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No answer will satisfy him. Fred is like an annoying child that keep asking "Why? Why?" over and over, just to get attention.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Correct.

Not God.

We the people of the United States believe our rights come from the following three sources:

GOD
NATURE
MAN
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
We the people of the United States believe our rights come from the following three sources:

GOD
NATURE
MAN

This post is a perfect example of what I have been saying about the people who make their politics the same as their culture. The fact that you believe that you can speak for all "the people of the United States" proves that you don't understand the United States. You believe that the United States only belongs to people who agree with you.

People in the middle like myself can see both sides of the argument. And it is clear that "the people of the United States" are pretty evenly split on where our rights come from.

You will never be able to see these issues clearly until you learn to separate your cultural beliefs from political discussions.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No they do not.

If you give me the details of your claim I will show how you are wrong.

You are unable to prove me wrong, as I am right in what I say.
Explain your logic, or review your comments and find your logic fails.
PFF
System Bot
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are unable to prove me wrong, as I am right in what I say.
Explain your logic, or review your comments and find your logic fails.

You do not even understand the concept of a "logical argument". A logical argument requires premises to support the conclusion. All you did was state a conclusion without any premise to support it. It is impossible for me to attack your argument because you never made an argument.

Based on your "logic" all I have to do to prove I am correct is to claim that I am correct.

You see the problem now?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You do not even understand the concept of a "logical argument". A logical argument requires premises to support the conclusion. All you did was state a conclusion without any premise to support it. It is impossible for me to attack your argument because you never made an argument.

Based on your "logic" all I have to do to prove I am correct is to claim that I am correct.

You see the problem now?

Why should I have to explain your missteps in logic when they are evident by rereading you own words?

Do you see the problem now?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Who do you think ended slavery?

It wasn't leftoids.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

It wasn't leftoids.

ACTUAL IT WAS

RADICAL REPUBLICANS WERE LEFT AT THAT TIME

THE SOUTHERN SLAVE OWNERS WERE con's

you do not get to move players from their historical roles at your whim

THOSE ARE LIES
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:This post is a perfect example of what I have been saying about the people who make their politics the same as their culture. The fact that you believe that you can speak for all "the people of the United States" proves that you don't understand the United States. You believe that the United States only belongs to people who agree with you.

People in the middle like myself can see both sides of the argument. And it is clear that "the people of the United States" are pretty evenly split on where our rights come from.

You will never be able to see these issues clearly until you learn to separate your cultural beliefs from political discussions.

Ok, I don't know what's going on here. I can't tell if you really just don't understand, or if you are intentionally trying to be obtuse for some weird argumentative reason; however, I'll try to explain it as SIMPLY as I possibly can.

Explained in the Declaration of Independence, and defined in the U.S. Constitution... which are written by our founders on behalf of "WE THE PEOPLE" ... defines that our rights come from THREE places:

- GOD: "that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator "
- NATURE: "to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station"
- MAN: "deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

... this is NOT a difficult concept to understand. These three things were defined specifically because they intended to encompass all manner of beliefs, pursuant to our society. It was done to make it abundantly clear that no matter what you believed, or where you stood on your views, that the rights of man are inalienable. For some reason, you can't stop your rambling on your soap box to think, read, and consider. Like... you're just repeating the same nonsense. In the last iteration of your account here, you stated you were a lawyer. This is the utmost basic/first concept that you learn when you get a law degree.

Since I think you may not still get it, let me expand. These three things were intentional... for example:

- King George says, "Your rights come from me," ... we would say, "No, they also come from God and Nature"
- Pope Pius VI says, "Your rights come from God, and God told me (whatever)," ... we would say, "They also come from nature, and from man."
- Fred says, "Your rights come from the government," ... we would say, the **** they do... they come from God, Nature, and Man.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 03-25-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why should I have to explain your missteps in logic when they are evident by rereading you own words?

YOU CAN'T THAT IS WHY YOU DO NOT

you claim a 2 time loser in vote counts was cheated
rather he cheated once and was UNABLE TO REPEAT THE CHEAT

JUST AS HE WILL LOSE AGAIN IN 24 AND CLAIM THE SAME CHEAT BS
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are wrong. There are zero missteps in my logic.

And the proof that they do not exist is your in ability to identify even one.

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1049 posts
Member since Nov 2023

... this is NOT a difficult concept to understand. These three things were defined specifically because they intended to encompass all manner of beliefs, pursuant to our society. It was done to make it abundantly clear that no matter what you believed, or where you stood on your views, that the rights of man are inalienable. For some reason, you can't stop your rambling on your soap box to think, read, and consider. Like... you're just repeating the same nonsense. In the last iteration of your account here, you stated you were a lawyer. This is the utmost basic/first concept that you learn when you get a law degree.

I never said I had a law degree, but I understand the argument. Here is the problem though. The Founding Fathers are not qualified to define "liberty" because they supported chattel slavery and did not allow women to vote.

If you want to claim that "liberty" comes from your god then you have to admit that the United States government was more powerful than your god when millions of people were legally owned as property.

The argument that all rights come from god is a tool of the libertarians who say the government should not do things like help the handicapped or provide a free public education.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I never said I had a law degree, but I understand the argument. Here is the problem though. The Founding Fathers are not qualified to define "liberty" because they supported chattel slavery and did not allow women to vote.

If you want to claim that "liberty" comes from your god then you have to admit that the United States government was more powerful than your god when millions of people were legally owned as property.

The argument that all rights come from god is a tool of the libertarians who say the government should not do things like help the handicapped or provide a free public education.

Ok, I tried to be nice... obviously, this is your weird way of trying to not be wrong in an argument. But at least you've made it clear tat this is your OPINION, which is essentially worthless when actual written law says otherwise. If you had just stated from the beginning that we were arguing YOUR OPINION, I would never have wasted my time.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are wrong. There are zero missteps in my logic.

And the proof that they do not exist is your in ability to identify even one.

Says you...
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The above nonsense is how a Leftist admits that the state is his "god".
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
you claim a 2 time loser in vote counts was cheated
rather he cheated once and was UNABLE TO REPEAT THE CHEAT

JUST AS HE WILL LOSE AGAIN IN 24 AND CLAIM THE SAME CHEAT BS

Not a mention of Trump in the entire thread until "Rump Rant" chimes in.

Trump has been living rent-free in your head for years, now. Get help.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

The above nonsense is how a Leftist admits that the state is his "god".

Yes, what this was, was basically his way of trying not to lose an argument he realizes that he's lost.

The discussion is about the Constitution, and where our rights come from. I clearly laid out that it comes from three equally valid places, so that no matter what you believe, it's still concrete. He sees this, tries to shimmy his way around the argument and focuses on God, which is one of the three components of where our rights come from, each of which is valid entirely on its own.

I've never seen someone have so much difficulty losing an argument. Like... I could care less if I lose an argument... it means I've learned something. But in this case, it's like the worst possible thing in the world... which is crazy.

Why do I even want to have a conversation with someone like this? There's no exchange of ideas... just insanity.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:which is essentially worthless when actual written law says otherwise.

There is no written law anywhere in the United States that says that our rights come from God. But there is lots of written opinion for both sides.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but it is a FACT that if you claim god gives liberty then you are admitting that your god is weaker than the United States government. Because our government denied liberty to millions for many years. The rights to liberty granted by your god were completely worthless when matched against the government of the United States.

[This message has been edited by BingB (edited 03-25-2024).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is no written law anywhere in the United States that says that our rights come from God. But there is lots of written opinion for both sides.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but it is a FACT that if you claim god gives liberty then you are admitting that your god is weaker than the United States government. Because our government denied liberty to millions for many years. The rights to liberty granted by your god were completely worthless when matched against the government of the United States.

Fred... everyone here can see what you're doing. It's OK to get something wrong once in a while.

Because I know you like to reshape the narrative, I will RESTATE what I said. The founding documents specifically state (with quotes), that our rights come from THREE places. GOD, NATURE, and MAN. This is INTENTIONAL so that... for people like you who do not believe in God, there are TWO OTER places that our rights can be derived from. It is PERFECTLY OK that you don't believe in God, no one here really cares. And for the purpose of the founding of this country's system of governance, it was already accounted for. You still have TWO other places that you can claim your rights are derived from.

I don't really want your opinion, and I wish you had told me you were arguing opinion from the beginning as I wouldn't have wasted my time.

We are not trying to convince you that your rights come from God. We are proving to you that your rights come from any one of three places... one of which includes God, IF you believe in Him. Are we clear? YES... we're clear. You're still going to respond with nonsense... but so you understand, every once of us here recognize what you're doing, and what the facts are as they are written. You would be the person who believes their rights come from man. And our founding documents have you covered... because that's one of the three.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then God is not the one who grants the right to liberty because there were millions of people living as chattel slaves in the United States until the laws of the government changed.

Buzz kill.

The laws of the United States government also allowed slave ownership.

God changed that.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35957 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Their right to freedom had nothing to do with any god. The government was the one who gave them their freedom.

Who gave us our freedom before we had a government ?
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

once in a tribe there was leader ship or a soon to be dead group of bickering idiots

freedom was an individuals ability to just walk away from a group
why does that need a fairytale just stand up gather your stuff and walk

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12589 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Buzz kill.

God changed that.

how ?
show the steps used by a god
or admit to B S ing

btw which god from what cult ?
why then why not 5000 years ago
why did he do it in euro ruled areas FIRST
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2024 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one. That is why any place there is no government the people work hard to establish a government. With no government the only people who are free to do what they want are the people with the most power. and they people with the power exploit the weaker ones.

What specific society are you thinking of where people enjoyed freedom with no established government?

PFF
System Bot
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2024 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1049 posts
Member since Nov 2023

Buzz kill.

God changed that.

No.. God did not change that. Our government changed that with a Constitutional amendment.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2024 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No.. God did not change that. Our government changed that with a Constitutional amendment.

Everyone please take note, that when Fred is wrong, he totally ignores a post. This is how inane and retarded the man is.

I'm referring to your failure to respond to this: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...ML/001067-2.html#p65

Go ahead, let's keep going... tell me I'm wrong.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2024 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm referring to your failure to respond to this: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...ML/001067-2.html#p65

I don't understand. You can't settle a disagreement by saying that everyone is correct.

It is like saying that we can not have any disputes around here because everyone is correct no matter what they claim. That is just ridiculous.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2024 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't understand. You can't settle a disagreement by saying that everyone is correct.

It is like saying that we can not have any disputes around here because everyone is correct no matter what they claim. That is just ridiculous.

This post makes no sense, but is yet again more affirmation that you lost that argument. I'll move on now.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2024 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But it still proves my point that people rights do not come from god.

No, it does not.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2024 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, it does not.

YOU EVER GOING TO SHOW PROOF OF YOUR CLAIMS
ABOUT YOUR IMAGINARY FRIEND NO ONE CAN SEE
BUT YOU CLAIM IS ...
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2024 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By virtue of his own ill informed belligerence, fred is inadvertently correct.

Human rights do not come from god.

Our rights come from God.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2024 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THEY DIED FIGHT THE FASCISTS
WHY DO YOU WANT TO VOTE TO BRING THEM BACK

https://twitter.com/DBlack_...083097841722/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media...rmat=jpg&name=medium

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 03-30-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2024 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

THEY DIED FIGHT THE FASCISTS
WHY DO YOU WANT TO VOTE TO BRING THEM BACK

https://twitter.com/DBlack_...083097841722/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media...rmat=jpg&name=medium

Your propaganda betrays their sacrifice.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock