Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Today Is Texas Independence Day (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Today Is Texas Independence Day by cliffw
Started on: 03-02-2024 01:08 PM
Replies: 54 (580 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 04-21-2024 09:54 AM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
March 2nd, 1836

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 03-02-2024).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Protestants from slaveholding states settled in northern Mexico where slavery was illegal and you had to be a Catholic to own property. The settlers all claimed they had converted to Catholicism and their slaves were just indentured servants.

Once they got enough settlers, they decide that they wanted to be Protestant slave owners again so they went to war over "freedom". Can't blame them because the country of Mexico was a mess at the time.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:
Protestants from slaveholding states settled in northern Mexico where slavery was illegal and you had to be a Catholic to own property. The settlers all claimed they had converted to Catholicism and their slaves were just indentured servants.

Once they got enough settlers, they decide that they wanted to be Protestant slave owners again so they went to war over "freedom". Can't blame them because the country of Mexico was a mess at the time.

Are you bragging about your ignorance ?
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Are you bragging about your ignorance ?

I try not to brag.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's something that's sure to light up (pun intended) cliffw's face with pride!

"Texas will add more grid batteries than any other state in 2024"

With cheap land and a competitive market irresistible to energy storage developers, the Lone Star State will even overtake California in battery deployments this year.
Julian Spector for Canary Media; February 26, 2024.
https://www.canarymedia.com...ended%202023%20w ith.

Here's the first four paragraphs:

California and Texas have a new clean-energy superlative to compete over: who’s got the most grid batteries.

Last year, Texas overtook California in large-scale solar power capacity. When huge amounts of solar power rush onto the grid, [grid-connected] batteries tend to follow. Now, Texas is building more grid batteries than California, the longtime undisputed leader in clean energy storage.

Developers are expected to complete 6.4 gigawatts of new grid battery capacity in Texas this year, according to the federal Energy Information Administration. That’s more than double the 5.6 gigawatts of battery capacity it ended 2023 with. It’s also as much battery capacity as the entire United States built last year, which was a record year for the energy storage industry. The projection outpaces the 5.2 gigawatts set to come online in California.

The surge of batteries in these states underscores the fact that energy storage is an increasingly major part of the country’s transitioning electricity system. The U.S. is slated to add 14.3 gigawatts of battery storage overall this year; that represents 23% of all new power plant capacity. Climate analysts have long called for massive storage expansion to facilitate a shift to low-carbon energy — now it’s finally starting to happen.

Curiously, there's no reference to wind energy in this article. I think that's an oversight, because grid-connected batteries complement wind and solar energy in exactly the same way: by storing surplus power during the peak generation hours for wind and solar, and then releasing the stored power back to the grid as needed, which might well be after sunset or during hours when the wind is lessened. It's doubly curious, because Texas is the acknowledged leader among the 50 states in producing wind energy.

I think it's safe to say that all or almost all of these new grid-connected battery installations are using some version of the common lithium ion battery technology. It's been the dominant technology for grid-connected batteries.

If only those hardy pioneers who paved the way for Texas to gain independence from Mexico and then become part of the United States could have foreseen that their historical descendants would be in the vanguard of the pivot from carbon intensive fuels like oil and gas, towards more climate friendly sources of energy like wind and solar... their visages would have been lit with "Net Zero" pride as luminously as cliffw's when he sees this!

"I LIKE what they're doing about this in Texas!"

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-04-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
Here's something that's sure to light up (pun intended) cliffw's face with pride!

"Texas will add more grid batteries than any other state in 2024"

I am not surprised. Everything is bigger in Texas.

You misunderstand me. I am not against wind, solar, tidal power, or hydroelectric power. I do not care if you fantasize about it. I also do not care if you think and believe your advocacy for Global Warming will save the planet and you will be a hero for doing so.

I do very much care that you are using my money for your ORGASM.

I do very much care that the leftoids are making fossil fuel more expensive to force us to to convert to Green Energy. Worse is banning the internal combustion engine, again to convert us to Green Energy. Intolerable is the removal of my freedom of choice.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What you would likely describe as a "free market" for energy and road vehicle alternatives does not meet the need, because any corrective feedback that would freely arise without government incentives and disincentives lags too far behind the immediate need to ramp up the Net Zero transition away from carbon-intensive energy towards low and preferably zero carbon energy.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What you would likely describe as a "free market" for energy and road vehicle alternatives does not meet the need, because any corrective feedback that would freely arise without government incentives and disincentives lags too far behind the immediate need to ramp up the Net Zero transition away from carbon-intensive energy towards low and preferably zero carbon energy.

That is not the job of government. The "government" needs to sit down and shut up. We the people will do what is needed when it is needed.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
We the people will do what is needed when it is needed.

History proves that this is not true. Corporations did not stop poisoning our air and water until the government made them stop.

Individual citizens did not stop using aerosol sprays to prevent ozone depletion so the government regulated fluorocarbons.

Citizens would not safely dispose of their sewage so the government has to regulate that also.

Individual citizens do what they feel is best for themselves. If individual citizens were capable of doing what is best for the country on their own we would not even need governments. But history proves that they are not.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

History proves that this is not true. Corporations did not stop poisoning our air and water until the government made them stop.

Individual citizens did not stop using aerosol sprays to prevent ozone depletion so the government regulated fluorocarbons.

Citizens would not safely dispose of their sewage so the government has to regulate that also.

Individual citizens do what they feel is best for themselves. If individual citizens were capable of doing what is best for the country on their own we would not even need governments. But history proves that they are not.

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am not surprised. Everything is bigger in Texas.

You misunderstand me. I am not against wind, solar, tidal power, or hydroelectric power. I do not care if you fantasize about it. I also do not care if you think and believe your advocacy for Global Warming will save the planet and you will be a hero for doing so.

I do very much care that you are using my money for your ORGASM.

I do very much care that the leftoids are making fossil fuel more expensive to force us to to convert to Green Energy. Worse is banning the internal combustion engine, again to convert us to Green Energy. Intolerable is the removal of my freedom of choice.

your freedom to DESTROY MY STATE ?

i DO WISH YOU WERE NOT THAT FREE

and care more about the consequences of spewing CO2

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

your freedom to DESTROY MY STATE ?

i DO WISH YOU WERE NOT THAT FREE

and care more about the consequences of spewing CO2

"i DO WISH YOU WERE NOT THAT FREE "

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is not the job of government. The "government" needs to sit down and shut up. We the people will do what is needed when it is needed.

IN HATTI RIGHT NOW

your kind of freedom is in action by we the armed gangs [people]
criminal gangs do not like their members in prison
so attack the prison and free their gang guys

hatti is a gov that is forced to set down and shut up
you may get what you wish for there
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just in the last few minutes we have been told:

"Individual citizens do what they feel is best for themselves. If individual citizens were capable of doing what is best for the country on their own we would not even need governments. But history proves that they are not."

and

In other words, the people are incompetent and have too much freedom.

Folks, this is the American Left. We need Trump more than ever.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so you say the right to pollute is not limited by the impact on others ?
and the gov has no right to limit your spew ?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

so you say the right to pollute is not limited by the impact on others ?
and the gov has no right to limit your spew ?

The more authoritarian crap you and Fred spew, the more I embrace Libertarianism.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The more authoritarian crap you and Fred spew, the more I embrace Libertarianism.

and want to make real estate in Florida under water

action has results

maybe not instant

but lets see if this happens
is no way to run a planet

THERE IS NO PLANET ''B''

BUT THANKS FOR THE CLEAR STATEMENT

ELECT THE RUMP = GET POLLUTION
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that your back yard?
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me step back and make it clear that I am NOT in favor of forcing people to buy electric cars or outlawing gas engines. Governments need to take action to encourage people to make the right decision, but they should not get into punishing people for not making the best decisions.

Right now if you need a vehicle for long trips an EV just is not right for you. You should not be punished for not switching to an EV.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1049 posts
Member since Nov 2023

Appropriate that Trump should use a quote from someone working to destroy mankind.

PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3 time loser ^
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Appropriate that Trump should use a quote from someone working to destroy mankind.

That particular Terminator had been reprogrammed to save mankind......
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2024 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Governments need to take action to encourage people to make the right decision,

Inside every Leftist is a Totalitarian screaming to get out.

Leftists gotta Leftist

Nudge, shove, shoot. Their "encouragement" pattern is always the same.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-04-2024).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Inside every Leftist is a Totalitarian screaming to get out. Nudge, shove, shoot. Their "encouragement" pattern is always the same.
A sage warning about "leftists"..?

Renewable power company BrightNight has been given the green light to develop Wyoming’s first “agrivoltaic” project, a positive step for both clean energy and the state’s many animal ranchers.

Agrivoltaics refers to the practice of using solar panels in conjunction with farming or animal ranching rather than replacing usable farmland with solar arrays. In agrivoltaic projects, the panels are strategically placed off the ground to provide shade for grazing animals or certain crops. This allows agriculture and clean energy to share the land instead of competing.

BrightNight’s Wyoming project, called The Dutchman Project, will involve more than one million solar panels, a battery storage facility, and a few miles of above-ground transmission lines being built on a 4,738-acre private ranch belonging to the Tillard family, who raise sheep.

I guess it's a good thing for the Tillard family that they caved, after being nudged and then shoved and then seeing one of their family members gunned down as a Green Energy "incentive." So only one of the Tillards went down before the family accepted the inevitable and acquiesced to cooperating with this "Dutchman" agrivoltaics project.

Those leftist totalitarian bastards at BrightNight and their corrupt accomplices in Wyoming's state government, literally pushing these agrivoltaic projects down hapless Wyoming residents' throats... like the Tillard family.

That was the first three paragraphs of a very brief report. It's almost half of the full report.

Wyoming to issue the state's first permit for an agrivoltaics project.

A first for Wyoming, but agrivoltaic projects of various kinds are being developed in other U.S. states and other countries around the world.
Jeremiah Budin for The Cool Down; March 4, 2024.
https://www.thecooldown.com...s-on-farmland-ranch/

This is a somewhat longer and considerably more informative report:

"In Wyoming, Sheep May Safely Graze Under Solar Panels in One of the State’s First “Agrivoltaic” Projects"

The elevated photovoltaic panels can actually improve grazing conditions, a novelty that could help make solar projects more land-efficient and accepted in the ranching-heavy state.
Jake Bolster for Inside Climate News; February 17, 2024.
https://insideclimatenews.o...grivoltaic-projects/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-05-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What you would likely describe as a "free market" for energy and road vehicle alternatives does not meet the need...

Does not meet the need ? Who's need ?

... any corrective feedback that would freely arise without government incentives and disincentives lags too far behind the immediate need to ramp up the Net Zero transition away from carbon-intensive energy towards low and preferably zero carbon energy.

Even with leftoid incentives, the manufactures have stopped production of EVs. They don't sell.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Leftists gotta Leftist

Nudge, shove, shoot. Their "encouragement" pattern is always the same.

Inside ever Right-wing extremist is someone so naïve that they think corporations will never do anything to hurt people in order to make a profit, but if they do then individuals can just stand up to them and make them stop with out any help from government regulations.

Basically people who have no clue about history.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1049 posts
Member since Nov 2023

the manufactures have stopped production of EVs.

Please tell me that you don't really believe this.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Even with leftoid incentives, the manufactures have stopped production of EVs. They don't sell.

Please tell me that you don't really believe this.

Go ahead, shop for an EV. The dealers (manufacturers) are trying the clear their lots of the so many which did not sell. some two years old, or longer.

Your leftoid government mandates they produce EVs.

Go ahead. Find your evidence and facts.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard an interesting report that EV's actually produce more pollution than ICE cars.

Tire wear due to weight increases particulate matter from tire wear.
More scrap tires due to increased tire wear.
More damage to the roads due to the weight.
Standard guardrails won't hold up due to the weight.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

..... so naïve that they think corporations will never do anything to hurt people in order to make a profit, but if they do then individuals can just stand up to them and make them stop with out any help from government ....

Basically people who have no clue about history.

A Leftist so steeped in Marxist ideology that they have no knowledge of the free market forces of capitalism.

Basically people who have no clue about the failed history of Marxism, Statists or Totalitarianism.

Someone so naive that they have no knowledge of how individuals have ceased buying a corporation's harmful or objectionable products or services many thousands of times in history, thereby making them stop by using the power of free market economics, without government intervention.

You have no new argument FredBing.

Leftists gotta Leftist
...and their answer to every problem, real or imagined, is always; more government.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-05-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2008 proved that BS to be wrong

markets do NOT know best

and the Gop caused a crash
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's "rich"... coming from a cartoonish acolyte of the MAGA-infested Republican Party that wants to insert itself like a gonzo right wing police force, bent on scripting and even censoring anything and everything that could happen in a school classroom—or a woman's womb.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-06-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... MAGA-infested Republican Party that wants to insert itself like a gonzo right wing police force, bent on scripting and even censoring anything and everything that could happen in a school classroom—or a woman's womb.

MAGA-infested Republican Party. Interesting phrase. Infesting being the "operate" word.

Gonzo. An interesting word which exposes the dark portion of you mind.

A woman's womb does not belong to her alone. She had the "choice" of not opening her legs. She also had her choice to use birth control, but did not.

If she wants sole control of if she has a baby or not, a man should have the choice of if he wants to pay child support.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MAGA-infested Republican Party. Interesting phrase. Infesting being the "operate" word.

Gonzo. An interesting word which exposes the dark portion of you mind.

A woman's womb does not belong to her alone. She had the "choice" of not opening her legs. She also had her choice to use birth control, but did not.

If she wants sole control of if she has a baby or not, a man should have the choice of if he wants to pay child support.

tali-ban and the christian right agree with you

most others NOT SO MUCH

who is the Totalitarian on that and most sex subjects RANDYE ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2024 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A Leftist [BingB] so steeped in Marxist ideology that they [sic] have no knowledge of the free market forces of capitalism.

Basically people who have no clue about the failed history of Marxism, Statists or Totalitarianism.

Someone so naive that they have no knowledge of how individuals have ceased buying a corporation's harmful or objectionable products or services many thousands of times in history, thereby making them stop by using the power of free market economics, without government intervention.

You have no new argument FredBing.

Leftists gotta Leftist
...and their answer to every problem, real or imagined, is always; more government.

People in the U.S. continue to die prematurely from the adverse effects of cigarettes and other tobacco use:

Cigarette smoking remains the leading cause of preventable disease, disability, and death in the United States, accounting for more than 480,000 deaths every year, or about 1 in 5 deaths.
CDC "Smoking & Tobacco Use"
https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco...ig_smoking/index.htm

That is data for the year 2021.

What might these statistics be like if there had not been government intervention—which continues to this day—in the way of government funded or government-backed public information campaigns, warnings on cigarette packaging and at points of sale, and all the other ways that the federal and other levels of government across the U.S. have tried to discourage people from smoking cigarettes and other kinds of tobacco use?

Are there parallels in this with government and government-backed interventions in the U.S. and other nations around the world to curb the planet-warming effects of greenhouse gas emissions?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-07-2024).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2024 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me step back and make it clear that I am NOT in favor of forcing people to buy electric cars or outlawing gas engines. Governments need to take action to encourage people to make the right decision, but they should not get into punishing people for not making the best decisions.

Right now if you need a vehicle for long trips an EV just is not right for you. You should not be punished for not switching to an EV.

Could you please define what "Punishing people for not making the best decisions" means.
The policies put in place by the Biden Administration on the fossil fuel industries and those requirements the EPA (also Biden driven) have forced the automakers to produce vehicles with little to no demand are punishing those who choose to use fossil fuel driven engines. Not only is that happening but, those not in favor of EVs are paying for the cost of helping the auto industry build vehicles very few want. So, I'm interested to know how you define "Punishment".

------------------
Rams
Learning most of life's lessons the hard way. .
You are only young once but, you can be immature indefinitely.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2024 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

So, I'm interested to know how you define "Punishment".

Based on Fred's history, I'm not sure we want the answer to that.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2024 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

People in the U.S. continue to die prematurely from the adverse effects of cigarettes and other tobacco use:

What might these statistics be like if there had not been government intervention—which continues to this day—in the way of government funded or government-backed public information campaigns, warnings on cigarette packaging and at points of sale, and all the other ways that the federal and other levels of government across the U.S. have tried to discourage people from smoking cigarettes and other kinds of tobacco use?

Are there parallels in this with government and government-backed interventions in the U.S. and other nations around the world to curb the planet-warming effects of greenhouse gas emissions?

Have your serious climate researchers proven Global Warming is going the kill the Earth prematurely ?

No !

You are in the minority. You actually trust government.

Many think America is experiencing a crisis in facts and truth, and they believe this problem ties into the current state of distrust people have in institutions.

In this new survey we add to those insights, finding that the vast majority of adults say that Americans’ level of agreement on the basic facts about issues and events is a problem. Fully 85% of adults say this is at least a moderately big problem, including 42% saying it is a very big problem. In urgency, this issue ranks alongside Americans’ level of confidence in the federal government.

PEW Research Center.

Can you name anything which our government did wrong ?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock