Started on: 02-26-2023 06:21 PM
Replies: 61 (988 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 03-18-2023 03:55 PM
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2023 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the cracks are finally helping to cave in the Leftist cover-up story about the Covid lab leak.

This is just one pillar of the enormous global damage that leftist did with this virus. The NIH and Fauci disinformation campaign and coverup, the social media censorship coverup, the leftist Democrats coverup, the illegal gain of function research coverup, the financial backing of making this virus, the vaccine mandates and the trillion dollars of wealth transfer from taxpayers to leftist coverup.

This is the crime of the century.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2023 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Leftist cover-up... enormous global damage that leftist did... leftist Democrats coverup... leftist coverup.

I'm sorry, who'd you say was responsible again?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-26-2023).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2023 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm underwhelmed myself, along with the Wall Street Journal—or at least one of their reporters... a virologist at Canada's University of Saskatchewan... and DevNull127. Al of us, underwhelmed by this reporting that references the U.S. Department of Energy.

Here's the latest reactions to this story at Slashdot, and it conveys the sense of being underwhelmed, and what in particular gives rise to this sense of being underwhelmed, among those (like me) whose reaction to this story has been to express a feeling of being underwhelmed by it.
https://science.slashdot.or...ovid-lab-leak-origin

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-26-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2023 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

...a virologist at Canada's University of Saskatchewan

Some investigation into the current levels of ergot fungus contained within Saskatchewan grown wheat may be in order.

Apparently a lot of wheat is grown in Kansas as well.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-26-2023).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2023 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Covid came from a lab....

YA THINK ?

Is this where we say "Told you so" ?

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 02-26-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2023 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Four [other] U.S. agencies have concluded that the Covid-19 virus originated at the Wuhan market [and not at any of the labs in China], the Wall Street Journal reports. The U.S. National Intelligence Council reached the same conclusion. [There are] two more agencies [one is the CIA) that are "undecided."

But there is one agency [the Department of Energy] that decided—with "low confidence"—that the virus had somehow leaked from a lab. (And the FBI also decided with "moderate confidence" on that same theory.)

"[This] new report highlights how different parts of the intelligence community have arrived at disparate judgments about the pandemic's origin," writes the Wall Street Journal—adding that unfortunately U.S. officials "declined" to give any details on what led to the [Department of Energy's finding(s) about the origin(s) of Covid-19.]

That's according to DevNull127 at Slashdot.

https://science.slashdot.or...ovid-lab-leak-origin

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-26-2023).]

Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-27-2023 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Covid came from a lab....

YA THINK ?

Is this where we say "Told you so" ?

The whole SCAMdemic was a complete mindf**k, I figured that out when this whole thing started and why I never wore a mask.

On the bright side, we found out who the sheep were...

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2023 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....according to DevNull127 at Slashdot.

Well that's it folks....It's over.

No more discussion is allowed on the topic now because "DevNull127 at Slashdot" has spoken.

Leftists gotta Leftist

.....with communist bat soup and pangolin pie fairy tales

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 02-27-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2023 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't be ridiculous. (As if that's even a possibility.)

I don't know about this DevNull127 at Slashdot. I just duplicated his remarks. If this were some kind of big deal (it's not) then there could be more information about the real life identify of DevNull127 at that Slashdot page that I linked. I can confirm that there's an option at that Slashdot page to select DevNull127's screen name and see what (if anything further) could emerge about him (or her).

I duplicated DevNull127's remarks because I think his (her) remarks are sage. I think he (she) has a good handle on this topic.

All you're making here is noise.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-27-2023).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2023 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some stank pablum, spoonfed to the nodding masses.
Woo Floo was released as a bioweapon in an undeclared... no, wait, they actually did declare. All that world domination rhetoric, the same tired commie crap from Mao's time.
1.4 billion - 1.2 billion = 0.2 billion, a now more manageable pla, belatedly willing to concede that Taiwan is an independent democratic Nation.
That is where we are heading, a world conflict, when the domestic sympathizers must be rounded up, to ensure the safety and security of the homeland, the heartland.
Executive Order 9066, March 29, 1942.
' Have you ever sympathized, aided, and or, abetted a foreign entity ? Answer honestly. ' Ai Voight-Kampff truth detectors make efficient comb filtering of American residents within a few weeks.
' Door to the left... next ! ' Tagged and chipped, tattooed and screwed, future fates determined by past performance, a logical exercise in realistic projections of probability.
Held for decades as forced labor in limestone quarries, re-educated in the principles of the Republic, the Founding Documents, and why there was a war to define the Constitution.

Sky Marshal Dienes
Extinction War
Nimitz eliminates the threat.

So, yeah.
Do now what has to be done, because Mao took the incorrect path.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2023 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(snip)

I don't know about this DevNull127 at Slashdot. I just duplicated his remarks.

(snip)

All you're making here is noise.

That's rich!

I'm just trying to determine if you are an HP or Epson copy machine....

Do any of them have built in noisemakers?
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2023 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

That's rich!

I quoted DevNull27 because what he said was smart.

What value do you see in the bizarre idea that I wanted or hoped to bring an end to the conversation? You can see who expressed that thought in an accusatory and perjorative remark against me.

Why did you <snip> my remark? Instead of duplicating all of it? The entire remark is not long. You removed meaningful context and distorted the sense of what was being said.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-28-2023).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2023 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's rich!

Rinselborg?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2023 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I quoted DevNull27 because what he said was smart.

What value do you see in the bizarre idea that I wanted or hoped to bring an end to the conversation? You can see who expressed that thought in an accusatory and perjorative remark against me.

Why did you <snip> my remark? Instead of duplicating all of it? The entire remark is not long. You removed meaningful context and distorted the sense of what was being said.

I quoted what was germaine to the comment I posted.

I didn't want to confuse anyone.

I see it didn't work.....

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 02-28-2023).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2023 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I quoted what was germaine to the comment I posted.

I didn't want to confuse anyone.

I see it didn't work.....

Click to show
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2023 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like the cracks are finally helping to cave in the Leftist cover-up story about the Covid lab leak.

This is just one pillar of the enormous global damage that leftist did with this virus. The NIH and Fauci disinformation campaign and coverup, the social media censorship coverup, the leftist Democrats coverup, the illegal gain of function research coverup, the financial backing of making this virus, the vaccine mandates and the trillion dollars of wealth transfer from taxpayers to leftist coverup.

This is the crime of the century.

That's a lot (to say the least) to hang on this news, about an internal report that the U.S. Department of Energy has not officially made public.

Accepting the news report at face value, a group within the Department of Energy has concluded that the "most likely" explanation for the emergence of the Covid-19 disease is that the virus was not perfectly contained within the virus research lab(s) in China. There's no assertion that anyone or any group purposely created the SARS-CoV-2 virus with the idea of starting an epidemic; just that the virus was not contained within the lab(s).

And yet, according to this news report, the same group within the Department of Energy is offering this explanation with "Low Confidence".

It seems safe to say that the Chinese authorities have never fully cooperated with outside investigators who have tried to determine exactly how the virus started spreading among humans as an infectious disease.

I endorse the skepticism and guarded reaction about this from DevNull127 at Slashdot. He (or she) isn't saying that this group of investigators within the Department of Energy who favor a "lab leak" origin are wrong. He's just explaining why the "lab leak" origin remains a theory and not a fact, even after absorbing and crediting this new report that references a group of investigators within the Department of Energy.

Reply message #7 is a total loss. It starts with a misapprehension about why I brought DevNull127 into the conversation and quoted his (or her) remarks. That's followed by a stupidly irrelevant image that speaks volumes about the disorderly mind that habitually posts such silly screeds and diatribes on this forum, in lieu of any actual conversation. It went even further "downhill" from there. I guess if I had to settle on exactly one word to describe Reply message #7, I would say it's "unfortunate".

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-28-2023).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A western infiltrator tosses a wrench into the gearworks of the ccp's desire for world domination.
Turns out that they did in fact, release a BW agent to overthrow a presidential election.
Nancy was in on the plot.
' By any means necessary '
These are the crimes needing capital punishment, a mortal deterrent.
A scene from a b-movie horror, circa 1959, the witch gets fried in the chair.
' Any last words, Nancy ? '
' I believe... '
' Ah, shaddup ! '
Throws the switch.
The lights of San Francisco dim momentarily, then, brighten up.
' Hip, Hip, Hooray ! The witch is dead ! '
Storm clouds of war part to let the Sun beam down rays of bright hope.
Birds chirp, the green trees sway in warm breezes, white pillow clouds sprinkle fresh mist to Earth, sustaining all life.
The town crier hails the townspeople in the square ' It is 11 o'clock and all is well ! '
And so America lived happily ever after.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those that deny or never believed it to be a lab leak, we know it to be a leftist derangement, because they lie for political purposes.

But I wonder if their cult followers really don't believe it as a lab leak? I'm talking about beyond Al Gore liberals election denying beliefs. They just don't want it to be true.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

For the cover-up? China, partially the WHO, and to a much greater extent, the left-leaning political establishment in the United States.

What EVERYONE knows as a fact (this is fact, to be clear) is that the United States funded Bat SARSCov2 research at Wuhan, specifically, gain of function testing, as well as bat to human transmission, all of which was being done in 2018-2019. This was formally released information by the CDC and NIH after numerous FOIA requests, and it was released at the command of Trump, but eventually released under Biden. I have to assume that enough people were aware of this at that point, that they realized they would make a bigger deal out of it by resisting the release of this information.

But for the most part, there has been at best an indifference, but at most... abject denial that it came from a lab. More than anything though, the left has generally decided that they don't want to know the answer to it. They would really prefer that this discussion obviously not take place at all.

The question I have is why?

What I do know, is that more than anything, Democrat politicians seem to base a lot of their positions on how things will play out politically. Because of this, they often end up making a lot of really, really bad decisions. At best, their first decision on anything is always quite bad, if not outright totally wrong, because their focus-group-determined decision is usually based on the collective myopic mindset of those from Chicago, NYC, SF, and DC.

But why really do they not want this question answered? Is it because they fear the escalation and potential backlash from the Chinese government, and that this is not something they want to deal with, or the economy of it? That's my guess... but that's a **** -poor way to manage.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not saying that the Covid epidemic wasn't set in motion by an accident at a Chinese virology lab. The "lab leak" origin. But I can't accept that as fact. Not when I believe I can go to the professional science journals and "Google" my way to current and recent research reports and letters from credentialed virologists who are explaining how the Covid virus could have evolved in the wild, without any virology labs being involved in it.

Between a "lab leak" origin and a naturally evolved (in the wild) origin... "fifty-fifty".

This new report about the findings at the Department of Energy, that the most likely origin was a virology lab accident or miscue, also says that this finding is being offered with "Low Confidence". It's kind of self-contradictory.

I see people here "going on" about their certainty that it involved a Chinese virology lab, and I think back to other things that these same people have posted on this forum. It would be difficult to find people with any less impressive track records, when it comes to matters of Science and History, or what certain media venues actually did and did not report or endorse.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leftist cover-up... enormous global damage that leftist did... leftist Democrats coverup... leftist coverup.

Originally posted by Patrick:

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

For the cover-up?

No, I just get a kick out of the usual suspects here yammering on, with absolute certainty, about "leftists" being responsible for anything and everything deemed to be negative in the known universe. It's comedy gold!

Leftists gotta Leftist
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I don't understand is why so many people are not up in arms asking the same thing, who is responsible.

If this was from a Lab then it should be exposed, this even if it was an accident has caused so much destruction. Someone should be held accountable.
IF it was found in an open market and identified there why the hell were things not handled better?
I 100% believe there is a cover up, either from incompetence or fear but the governments of the world are hiding something from its citizens.

Dr. Zhang Jixian
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.go...against%20COVID%2D19

As the situation continued to confuse Zhang, she reported it to the head of the hospital on December 27, and the hospital then reported it to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in the Jianghan district of Wuhan. Back then, knowledge of the virus was scarce. After filing the report, Dr. Zhang cordoned off an area in the department’s ward to hospitalize the 4 patients described above. She then demanded medics in the ward to beef up self-protection. Epidemiologic investigations and tests were arranged quickly by the CDC. Within 2 d, the hospital continued to receive more similar patients, and Dr. Zhang promptly reported to the hospital. Before the CDC expert group paid attention to this epidemic, Dr. Zhang had set up a 9-bed isolation ward for the patients and taken measures to isolate them. She also bought 30 pieces of canvas as protective clothing. “If it is delivered uniformly by the hospital, it needs to be customized” she said, “if it is online shopping, they can receive the goods very quickly.”

At 1:00 pm on December 29, the vice president of the hospital reported directly to the disease control department of the provincial and municipal health and Health Commission. Although December 29 is not a working day, the provincial and municipal health commission disease control department immediately responded to the report and came to the hospital to formally begin the epidemiologic investigation.

At 3:10 pm on December 30, Wuhan Municipal Health and Health Commission issued the official document “emergency notice on reporting the treatment of pneumonia of unknown causes.” The National Health Commission (NHC) dispatched a working group and an expert team in the wee hours of December 31 to Wuhan to guide epidemic response and conduct on-site investigations. Not only was Dr. Zhang the first to sound an alarm for epidemic prevention and control, but she was also the “leader” of hospital rescue work, always putting the interests of the party and people first. By early February, miraculously, none of Dr. Zhang’s team had been infected in Wuhan, where the outbreak was most severe. In February, the Hubei provincial human resources and social security department and the provincial health commission awarded Dr. Zhang for her exemplary service, hailing her as “the first to report the epidemic in the province” and recognizing her leadership and arduous work in the hospital’s fight against COVID-19

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Between a "lab leak" origin and a naturally evolved (in the wild) origin... "fifty-fifty".

This new report about the findings at the Department of Energy, that the most likely origin was a virology lab accident or miscue, also says that this finding is being offered with "Low Confidence". It's kind of self-contradictory.

Well, here's what we know...

The NIH and CDC (semi-clandestinely) funded gain of function research in Wuhan China for:
- Bat SARSCov2 Research
- Bat to Human Transmission Research

We also know that the first evidence and discovery of the virus was found in Wuhan China in a "wet market."

... and we're 50/50 on whether or not it came from a lab?

Look, if I was a prosecutor, and this was a domestic criminal case, I could not possibly ask for better evidence. Like... please, let's look at those two things I posted, and then tell me you're still 50/50 on it because Joe Biden doesn't feel like dealing with it?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look, if I was a prosecutor, and this was a domestic criminal case, I could not possibly ask for better evidence. Like... please, let's look at those two things I posted, and then tell me you're still 50/50 on it because Joe Biden doesn't feel like dealing with it?

I wonder what Joe Biden (or some other U.S. President) "dealing with it" looks like. Sounds like it could make things worse, not better.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But for the most part, there has been at best an indifference, but at most... abject denial that it came from a lab. More than anything though, the left has generally decided that they don't want to know the answer to it. They would really prefer that this discussion obviously not take place at all.

The question I have is why?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-01-2023).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wonder what Joe Biden (or some other U.S. President) "dealing with it" looks like. Sounds like it could make things worse, not better.

Good, so we've now moved past the part that we all accept reality, and are now dealing with the hard question.

What do you consider worse, versus better? Is better to do nothing and hope the problem slowly goes away because people forget?

Unfortunately, the United States has as much culpability as China does... since we funded it, and China was only too happy to be a whiting participant. In this case, we could demand that China pay for all the economic despair that was caused around the world from COVID, and I think we need to figure out why, and WHO allowed this funding to occur from the NIH and CDC in the first place. Who was responsible for this? Why haven't we even begun to question this?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good, so we've now moved past the part that we all accept reality, and are now dealing with the hard question.

What do you consider worse, versus better? Is better to do nothing and hope the problem slowly goes away because people forget?

Unfortunately, the United States has as much culpability as China does... since we funded it, and China was only too happy to be a whiting participant. In this case, we could demand that China pay for all the economic despair that was caused around the world from COVID, and I think we need to figure out why, and WHO allowed this funding to occur from the NIH and CDC in the first place. Who was responsible for this? Why haven't we even begun to question this?

I don't accept any of the Chinese virus labs-related explanations as scientific fact or proven beyond any reasonable doubt. A preponderance of the evidence? That lower barrier to overcome, for the prosecution to prevail in a civil (as distinct from a criminal) case? Maybe. But even this judgement from within the Department of Energy comes with "Low Confidence", according to what I've seen about it.

I don't know about the authorization and funding issues. Dr. Fauci denied that there was any "Gain of Function" laboratory research that was being supported or expedited by the NIH, during his tenure as the NIAID or Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

Was he being honest? I don't know. It could be that he was "dancing around the issue". I suspect there's a very fine line that separates "Gain of Function" research. Perhaps it's a "distinction without a difference".

I can't see the U.S. demanding that China pay "Covid reparations". I can't see the U.S. organizing with a group of other nations to demand it. You put the finger on it yourself when you said the "United States has... culpability."

In my role here as the world's (unpaid) life coach, I would be concerned that any effort to make China formally responsible for the Covid epidemic is taking our eyes away from a more important goal, which is to be ready for the next such pandemic virus or pathogen that could emerge. You see frequent references in the news of late to the Avian influenza or "Bird flu" and how that could evolve into a Covid-like pandemic or epidemic.

It would be great if we could encourage or incentivize China to improve the safety aspects of their virus lab activities. I guess there's always room for improvement. But I think the more important aspect of this is for the U.S. to focus on defensive measures against emergent or newly evolved viruses and other pathogens.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-01-2023).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2023 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

....I think we need to figure out why, and WHO allowed this funding to occur from the NIH and CDC in the first place. Who was responsible for this?

Funding from NIAID to Wuhan for SARS gain of function research was pushed for, authorized and signed for by one man.

He should be known as, and prosecuted as, the modern day Dr. Josef Mengele but for now he is the highest paid U.S. government retiree in history.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-02-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2023 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't accept any of the Chinese virus labs-related explanations as scientific fact or proven beyond any reasonable doubt. A preponderance of the evidence? That lower barrier to overcome, for the prosecution to prevail in a civil (as distinct from a criminal) case? Maybe. But even this judgement from within the Department of Energy comes with "Low Confidence", according to what I've seen about it.

I don't know about the authorization and funding issues. Dr. Fauci denied that there was any "Gain of Function" laboratory research that was being supported or expedited by the NIH, during his tenure as the NIAID or Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

Was he being honest? I don't know. It could be that he was "dancing around the issue". I suspect there's a very fine line that separates "Gain of Function" research. Perhaps it's a "distinction without a difference".

I can't see the U.S. demanding that China pay "Covid reparations". I can't see the U.S. organizing with a group of other nations to demand it. You put the finger on it yourself when you said the "United States has... culpability."

In my role here as the world's (unpaid) life coach, I would be concerned that any effort to make China formally responsible for the Covid epidemic is taking our eyes away from a more important goal, which is to be ready for the next such pandemic virus or pathogen that could emerge. You see frequent references in the news of late to the Avian influenza or "Bird flu" and how that could evolve into a Covid-like pandemic or epidemic.

It would be great if we could encourage or incentivize China to improve the safety aspects of their virus lab activities. I guess there's always room for improvement. But I think the more important aspect of this is for the U.S. to focus on defensive measures against emergent or newly evolved viruses and other pathogens.

We obviously live in a different world. Either you're unaware of the news that came out well over a year ago, or you are intentionally ignoring it.

Regardless... the senate just passed a bi-partisan edict to release all classified documents regarding COVID origins.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 03-02-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2023 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(snip)

In my role here as the world's (unpaid) life coach

(snip)

🤣

A world with a population of what, 10 people visiting a topic section in an obscure car forum?

That's a rather small world, isn't it?

🤣ROFLMAO🤣
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2023 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It wasn't a lab...
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2023 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're being pugnacious, wg....
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2023 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The people who are so **** sure [convinced] that it involved one of China's virus labs are forgetful of history.

Scroll back over 100 years, to 1918 and the Purple Death, which is commonly known as the Spanish influenza. The pathogen was a virus. And if memory serves me, it's a virus that can still be studied directly, from blood or sputum samples from that time that have been cryogenically preserved for more than 100 years—although maybe that is a misapprehension on my part.

That's been characterized as a zoonotic disease that crossed over from livestock to humans. And the likely explanation is that it started on the Western Front, in France or Belgium, towards the end of the Great War. There were large concentrations of soldiers living and operating right next to large numbers of livestock that were being used for transport and for slaughter to feed the soldiers. There were similarities to the "wet market" in Wuhan which has been considered the likely Ground Zero of the Covid-19 pandemic.

I don't think that was because of any lab research that was going on at the time. I guess (maybe) there was already some knowledge of viruses, but I've not seen anything that connects the 1918 influenza pandemic with any medical research.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-02-2023).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2023 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scroll back over 100 years, to 1918 and the Purple Death, which is commonly known as the Spanish influenza.

You know what else was becoming common in the second decade of the 20th century? GAS STOVES! That's what!
Just think about that, will ya?

And, to make it worse, Woodrow Wilson was President and the Ruskies were revolting again!

We are all doomed, I tell ya!

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-02-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2023 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2023 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Though I’m no one to crab
It near put me on a slab
And it caaaaame from a lab

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-02-2023).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2023 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

^^^^ Bela Fleck ^^^^

One of the greatest musicians of all time!

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-02-2023).]

WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2023 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Scroll back over 100 years, to 1918 and the Purple Death, which is commonly known as the Spanish influenza.

What have you got against Spain and its citizens. You're a bigoted Spanish people hater.. you're anti-spanetic. Someone call the Spanish Defense League.

The pathogen was a virus. And if memory serves me, it's a virus that can still be studied directly, from blood or sputum samples from that time that have been cryogenically preserved for more than 100 years—although maybe that is a misapprehension on my part.

Today we have gain of function. Something that sane people don't care for, insane people today do. Insane people with Marxist leanings. To use with I'll intent. And the USA will have it done in other host countries to claim moral high ground and deniability.

That's been characterized as a zoonotic disease that crossed over from livestock to humans. And the likely explanation is that it started on the Western Front, in France or Belgium, towards the end of the Great War. There were large concentrations of soldiers living and operating right next to large numbers of livestock that were being used for transport and for slaughter to feed the soldiers.

Speculation.
Prove it.
Stop guessing and coming up with theory's. Facts we need.

There were similarities to the "wet market" in Wuhan which has been considered the likely Ground Zero of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Plandemic
It was a plandemic, get it right.
Who has considered?
The CDC? The same people who got EVERYTHING WRONG?

I don't think...

We know. You just control-c then control-v and let the war drumming controlled media think for you.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock