Oh, the honor by 2.5
Started on: 05-19-2022 08:59 AM
Replies: 39 (487 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 05-23-2022 12:08 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I have the honor of having the first thread in Politics & Religion to be canned for people arguing about how stupid they are rather than the argument about abortion, the thread topic.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-19-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyway, tis what it tis. Hope that didn't sound too harsh.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The thread was aborted. It would not have been necessary if people would just act responsibly.

(How's that for a metaphor?)
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2022 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It;s your own fault for unprotected threading !
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

It;s your own fault for unprotected threading !

There is a thimble solution to that problem.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It was a waste of time from the start... just like every other abortion thread in O/T over the years. What were you hoping to accomplish, everybody coming around to your way of thinking on the topic?
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Looks like I have the honor of having the first thread in Politics & Religion to be canned for people arguing about how stupid they are rather than the argument about abortion, the thread topic.

Perhaps you can start over with a "Dobb vs Jackson" thread that addresses the current hysterics by Leftists over the pending release of the SCOTUS decision and their threats now of yet another summer of political riots and destruction over it, similar to what we endured in 2020 over their last months long mass political violence binge.

People who argue for the taking of another human life in the interest of their own convenience and their hedonistic desires are already obviously stupid, as well as manifestly evil.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-19-2022).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

People who argue for the taking of another human life in the interest of their own convenience and their hedonistic desires are already obviously stupid, as well as manifestly evil.

And randye takes the bait to do it all again.

Looks like I have the honor of having the first thread in Politics & Religion to be canned for people arguing about how stupid they are...

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36401 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock Here:

Do not start threads about other threads.
So you get in a heated discussion in one of the threads. You get the feeling you are not getting your point across. So you feel the need to start a new thread explaining what you meant in the first thread. Don't. Since there's already a thread on the subject, say it there.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only reason a thread should be closed in Politics and Religion is for inappropriate language.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The only reason a thread should be closed in Politics and Religion is for inappropriate language.

I agree and understand what you clearly mean, but to Leftists anything that doesn't warmly embrace and agree with their stupid opinions and statements is "inappropriate language"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-19-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This section of PFF is nothing special. Forum rules apply here as much as anywhere else.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-19-2022).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
I agree and understand what you clearly mean, but to Leftists anything that doesn't warmly embrace and agree with their stupid opinions and statements is "inappropriate language"

I could react more explicitly and at more length, but that would just move this thread one step closer to being closed by Cliff Pennock. Just like the "Abortions thread" thread that became the precursor to this "Oh, the honor" thread.

"I regard Cliff Pennock's decision to close the 'Abortions thread' thread as Stare Decisis."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-19-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I could react more explicitly and at more length, but that would just move this thread one step closer to being closed by Cliff Pennock. Just like the "Abortions thread" thread that became the precursor to this "Oh, the honor" thread.

"I regard Cliff Pennock's decision to close the 'Abortions thread' thread as Stare Decisis."

Haven't seen you posting the name of a German speech giver whose last name was spelled with a 'ü' lately.
Why is that?

And where in the Forum rules does it spell out the Moderators explanation for closing the thread?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
What were you hoping to accomplish, everybody coming around to your way of thinking on the topic?

What were you hoping to accomplish by weighing in heavily in that thread ?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It was a waste of time from the start... just like every other abortion thread in O/T over the years. What were you hoping to accomplish, everybody coming around to your way of thinking on the topic?

Conversation about important things. Too much to expect from some, yes that is a given.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

This section of PFF is nothing special. Forum rules apply here as much as anywhere else.

I am surprised how much you like to come over "here" since you were so happy it was created so you wouldn't have to read or hear about such things.

Originally posted by cliffw:

Indeed.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am surprised how much you like to come over "here"...

When I feel so inclined, I'll put on my gumboots and venture into various threads posted in this section. Do you have a problem with that?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When I feel so inclined, I'll put on my gumboots and venture into various threads posted in this section. Do you have a problem with that?

Thought you did, as you made known over and over and over. But you seem to enjoy poking and prodding and stirring pots, that is of course your prerogative.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"weighing in heavily"? Give us some context. Maybe supply a quote.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36401 posts
Member since Apr 99

...you seem to enjoy poking and prodding and stirring pots, that is of course your prerogative.

Says the guy who starts the umpteenth thread on abortion at PFF. Has there ever been an abortion thread here (or anywhere) that doesn't create disharmony? What were you expecting... an echo chamber of your and only your beliefs? Quit the innocent act.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has there ever been an abortion thread here (or anywhere) that doesn't create disharmony? What were you expecting... an echo chamber....

No, no I was not.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the P&R section, expect controversy, adults only.

(This is not my picture, but I have spent plenty of time at JJ's over the last 45 years.)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Perfect image for this thread!

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2022 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it's killing me too.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2022 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The echo chamber has spoken... spoken... spoken.

Look, I like most of you guys just fine (when we're not talking politics). But this is a thread that 2.5 created, with the sole purpose of whining about a thread of his that was shut down by Cliff Pennock... and you're implying that I'm the one who's "sniveling"???

Whatever, guys... whatever.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2022 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who was talking about you?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2022 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"weighing in heavily"? Give us some context. Maybe supply a quote.

No problem. Well, it looks like it might be a problem since that thread was closed. Not much of a problem. I can recreate it.

Post # 310.

People need to mind their own business.

Post # 335

Why are you involved in this discussion ? You should mind your own business.

What were you hoping to accomplish ? How many posts did you make in that thread ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2022 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Haven't seen you [rinselberg] posting the name of a German speech giver whose last name was spelled with a 'ü' lately. Why is that? And where in the Forum rules does it spell out the Moderator's explanation for closing the thread?

Well, that kind of sücks. But as far as the Moderator's explanation for closing the thread, in that case, he was fairly explicit about his thinking on it. Here's what he said, in case anyone has forgotten, or didn't see it:

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
So as posts (or threads) get reported to me, I read the last page of a thread without looking at the title. If by the end I have been unable to figure out what the thread is about, and if most—if not all posts—are simply people calling other people stupid, then I'm pretty sure I can close the thread. Which is what I'm doing right now.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-21-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2022 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And once again, no answer to a specific question, and deflection.

You really should apply for a job as the White House Press Secretary.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2022 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And once again, no answer to a specific question, and deflection.

You really should apply for a job as the White House Press Secretary.

I have not brought up the eye-catching surname of the German left wing politician and "ideas man" Ralf "F." again, because I have not felt like bringing it up again.

Maybe I could get away with it, again. Maybe not. It's not important to me to take that chance, or test the Moderator's attitude about it.

If I find myself wanting to post about that particular "guy" again, I'm thinking that I could just refer to him as Ralf F., and not type out his full, five-letter surname, which is just one umlauted-u distant from an "F-bomb." Or I might use what I think is an alternative spelling of his surname, which is perhaps not his actual surname, but may have been used from time to time to refer to the same man. An alternative spelling which no one could describe as a sneaky or clandestine way of sneaking in an "F-bomb."

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2022 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have not brought up the eye-catching surname of the German left wing politician and "ideas man" Ralf "F." again, because I have not felt like bringing it up again.

Maybe I could get away with it, again. Maybe not. It's not important to me to take that chance, or test the Moderator's attitude about it.

If I find myself wanting to post about that particular "guy" again, I'm thinking that I could just refer to him as Ralf F., and not type out his full, five-letter surname, which is just one umlauted-u distant from an "F-bomb." Or I might use what I think is an alternative spelling of his surname, which is perhaps not his actual surname, but may have been used from time to time to refer to the same man. An alternative spelling which no one could describe as a sneaky or clandestine way of sneaking in an "F-bomb."

Nice of you to admit you were trying to skirt the Forum rules against inappropriate language.

Maybe you could post personal information about a Forum member next.

Oh, wait.....
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2022 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice of you to admit you were trying to skirt the Forum rules against inappropriate language. Maybe you could post personal information about a Forum member next. Oh, wait.....

When it comes to defending the decorum of the forum . . . "Rinse and Repeat."
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/.../000104-11.html#p424

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2022 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No problem. Well, it looks like it might be a problem since that thread was closed. Not much of a problem. I can recreate it.

What was the point of all this again?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2022 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36401 posts
Member since Apr 99

Who was talking about you?

So you and Willie were referring to 2.5 then? Fine, makes a whole lot more sense.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2022 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What was the point of all this again?

You asked me to provide quotes, so you would have some context.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2022 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

About what?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2022 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

About what?

I can't help you to understand. 2.5 gets it.

Take a poll. I feel many do.

Your not going to waste my time.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-23-2022).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2022 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

This is the P&R section, expect controversy, adults only.

(This is not my picture, but I have spent plenty of time at JJ's over the last 45 years.)

I would be cool if we didnt snivel, and if we expected controversey.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-23-2022).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock