Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  Wifey's 1959 Austin Healey Sprite (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Wifey's 1959 Austin Healey Sprite by lorennerol
Started on: 05-25-2015 02:06 PM
Replies: 50 (737 views)
Last post by: zetabird on 09-16-2015 04:22 PM
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2015 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zetabird:

congrats looks good
i bet it feels safer than some bikes lol, i go pick mine up tomrow, to bad i just had a bad motorcycle accident so i wont be able to drive it for a year while my left ankle heals i kinda shattered it and broke my left wrist lol

Hope you're up and at em again soon!
IP: Logged
zetabird

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zetabirdSend a Private Message to zetabirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ill bee alright im healing fast, but i have almost a year of looking at the midget andd my dirtbike with out being able to play with them lol
zetabird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zetabirdSend a Private Message to zetabirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well heres my foray into the little british car world, my 76 midg 1500 it needs alot of work but it will be fun
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
gonna be jag green metalic, shaved bummpers all chrome will be powdercoated black. and eventualy id liek to put an ecotec and 5 speed into it
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

well heres my foray into the little british car world, my 76 midg 1500 it needs alot of work but it will be fun
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
gonna be jag green metalic, shaved bummpers all chrome will be powdercoated black. and eventualy id liek to put an ecotec and 5 speed into it

There used to be an MG Forum that was pretty good. Have you joined an MG Forum yet?

How much does the Midget weigh? When I pulled the motor on my MGB, I remember thinking the engine and tranny were crazy heave compared to the rest of the car. Too bad you have to heal for a year before you can get after the car and bike. I guess it'll give you plenty of time to wear out those parts catalogs. Victoria British used to have sales every few months, so I generally worked on parts of the car as parts came on sale.
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, Victoria British and Moss both have some kind of sale going almost all the time. We just bought a wood steering wheel for Wifey's Sprite and found that it was less expensive to order directly from Moto Lita than from Moss, though.

Don't know about the MG, but the Mark 1 Sprite was 1490 pounds with the original 948 and BMC 4 speed tranny.
zetabird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zetabirdSend a Private Message to zetabirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup signed up for the mgexp.com and the car came with the newest victoria british book its under my desk right now lol, it is gonna take me a while before i can do anything with it tho
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

Yep, Victoria British and Moss both have some kind of sale going almost all the time. We just bought a wood steering wheel for Wifey's Sprite and found that it was less expensive to order directly from Moto Lita than from Moss, though.

Don't know about the MG, but the Mark 1 Sprite was 1490 pounds with the original 948 and BMC 4 speed tranny.

1490? I can't even imagine that in a car today (with all of the accessories and safety features). It was fun to toss the MGB around and that's why I bought the Sky RL instead of the Vette (which seemed huge in comparison).
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004

yup signed up for the mgexp.com and the car came with the newest victoria british book its under my desk right now lol, it is gonna take me a while before i can do anything with it tho

Ironically, when you have the desire, you don't have the time or the money. By the time you have the money, you don't have the desire or the time,. And, when you time, you don't have the desire or the money. Having all 3 together is the tricky part. And, then there's the motorcycle accident. I always wanted a Vette, but now that I can afford one, and have the time to fix one up, I really don't have the desire anymore.
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

1490? I can't even imagine that in a car today (with all of the accessories and safety features). It was fun to toss the MGB around and that's why I bought the Sky RL instead of the Vette (which seemed huge in comparison).

In the mid-2000s the Lotus Elise would have been a close modern equivalent. But even it can't be sold new in the U.S. now, as their airbag law waiver expired. It was about 1700 pounds in its original form.

And yes, I was drooling over C7 Z06s at the local Corvette show. They weigh about the same as the Sky RL, but they are a noticeably bigger car. Amazing performance for the money, but I think of them more like a big exotic or performance car than a sporty roadster.
zetabird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zetabirdSend a Private Message to zetabirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
right now i have the time and the motivation, but not the ability, went out yesterday to try and get some of it coaed in spray paint for the winter but found i cant get the tarp off because of the way my freind bungied it on the car. my crippeld ass couldent reach it...... oh well lol
zetabird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2015 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zetabirdSend a Private Message to zetabirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just got a tire for my midget to replace the blowen to bits one, am i the only one that laughed uncontrollably with how tiny they are?? they look so much wider on the car
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay