Scantool Software by luso31893
Started on: 03-14-2024 08:12 PM
Replies: 9 (120 views)
Last post by: luso31893 on 03-15-2024 06:03 PM
luso31893

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luso31893Send a Private Message to luso31893Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if this is the right place to post but ill give it a shot. I have a scan tool for my Fiero that a friend gave me years ago. It works just fine but I cant find the software cd anywhere. I really don't want to have to buy another tool from the fierostore just to get a replacement cd. Does anyone have one that they would be kind enough to copy the data or make an iso of the disk?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind that the software only works on Windows 98 up to XP. Anything after that won't work. It will give errors when loading.
luso31893

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luso31893Send a Private Message to luso31893Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had it running on windows 10 with no problems for the past few years.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by luso31893:

I have a scan tool for my Fiero that a friend gave me years ago.

Are you talking about a cable that connects the ALDL port to a laptop? If so, WinALDL is freely available online. TunerPro might be available for free online as well.
luso31893

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luso31893Send a Private Message to luso31893Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping for the software that comes with the scantool that is sold on fierostore
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ask the man who makes these units then.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2024 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
Keep in mind that the software only works on Windows 98 up to XP. Anything after that won't work. It will give errors when loading.
If you have very old cd/download then you need current drivers for USB chips in it. Old versions have old drivers but Win__ x64 needed Signed x64 Drivers not x86 16 or 32 bit drivers, Signed or not doesn't matter because any x86 drivers won't work in any x64 Windows not even WinXP or Vista x64 that few systems have.

In case of RS232 Com_: ports, many chip sets on mother boards of all types not longer have Full Serial Port Chips (like 8250/16550 UART) or even full emulation of them that allow any serial protocols. So "Weird" Setting to match GM ECM Data Streams are not allowed is hardware problem in many computers & same for many USB/Serial chips where is a "crap shoot" whether or not hardware port or USB adapters work w/ serial ALDL cables using MAX232 chips etc.

Win__ x64 also no longer supports any 16bit software using WOW subsystem. (<--crap wiki but give the short story) x64 has WOW64 only support 32bit software. You have to run Win7 etc x86 to WOW that still supports 16bit software or use VMware etc then run x84 OS in x64 system to get 16 bit support as many people still do this to run very high dollar machines but never had software updates in Decades for various reasons. (Like Many Gov Regulated Business can't upgrade many older programs. You still find DOS & even CP/M because of this in many places too.)

Plus WinALDL only supports 1 "obd1" GM slow rate data stream. If have 87 & later DIS Dukes & others fast bit rates then this program won't work.

On top of all that, Many older programs need to "Run as Admin" to stop UAC blocking many functions. Example: PFF PIP often needs RaA to write data to its config files like server, login, & upload history since Vista.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2024 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The reason I mentioned that is due to an earlier thread on the same topic. A person was running a clean install of Win 10 and would get a runtime error everytime he launched the software. I tried to help by installing a clean copy on one of my machines and received the exact same error so I'm surprised the OP ran this on Windows 10 unless he was running Win 7 and upgraded to win 10 over the top of win 7 which keeps some of the older drivers.

Anyway to answer the original question, I have the software in my garage. I looked last night and only found the tool so I'll look again and post the file on Dropbox.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-15-2024).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2024 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMSA GT

10268 posts
Member since Aug 2007
This should work. It opens up and shows all the files but when you use the download button, it sends you the iso file.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl...11sjf56i6citoj3&dl=0

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-15-2024).]

luso31893

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2024 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luso31893Send a Private Message to luso31893Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The reason I mentioned that is due to an earlier thread on the same topic. A person was running a clean install of Win 10 and would get a runtime error everytime he launched the software. I tried to help by installing a clean copy on one of my machines and received the exact same error so I'm surprised the OP ran this on Windows 10 unless he was running Win 7 and upgraded to win 10 over the top of win 7 which keeps some of the older drivers.

Anyway to answer the original question, I have the software in my garage. I looked last night and only found the tool so I'll look again and post the file on Dropbox.

It was not an upgraded copy of 7. I did have to tinker with it a bit back when I installed it to make it work but it wasn't hard at all. Thank you for the iso. I'll keep a copy of it on my nas for future use to be safe.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock