removing and replacing notchback rear quarter windows by fierofrenzy
Started on: 03-14-2024 09:37 AM
Replies: 3 (66 views)
Last post by: fierofrenzy on 03-14-2024 09:21 PM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be replacing the rear passenger side quarter window on my 88 Formula. I tried running a search on PFF but was not satisfied with the results. I was told the removal process is somewhat tricky. Can someone give me an updated procedure on how to correctly remove the plastic window? NOTE : It doesnt matter very much if I break the old window. I have a barnd new replacement that will go in. Thanks for any info on this.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have done this a couple times. The hard part is getting the first part of the double sided tape to release. I use lots of Go Gone and a putty knife and work slowly from top to bottom. That will get the panel off, the hard part is putting the new panel on. There is a compound bend and alignment is critical. Apply the 3m tape to the panel, leave the protective cover on the tape that is going to attach to the car. Place panel in a warm place to make it more flexible. Practice how you are going to install it on the car, you only get one shot at this or you have to start all over. I use small pieces of tape to mark the panel and car to hit those marks during that first stick. My method is start at the rear of the panel and move forward, but practice first and see what works for you. Good luck.
Vintage-Nut

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you see this thread with a Diagram?

Notchback Quarter Window removal by Habanera Hal
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/143250.html

------------------
Original Owner of a Silver '88 GT
Under 'Production Refurbishment' @ 136k Miles

fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks J. That seems to be a very sensible method. Im gonna go with your advice. V.N. Yes, I did see that diagram. Being I dont have to worry about breaking the panel, I'l just work around any fasteners,, or break the clips... I hope... lol

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock