Has anyone seen the "EV Fiero"? by F Craigg
Started on: 03-07-2024 03:29 PM
Replies: 12 (279 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 03-20-2024 12:17 PM
F Craigg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2024 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F CraiggClick Here to visit F Craigg's HomePageSend a Private Message to F CraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if anyone has seen the EV owner on this forum? I was on TikTok and saw a Prius parts swapped onto the body of our Fieros. (SOCAL area) I was wondering if anyone has seen this user, I just wanna ask about their conversion between our rotators and for EV rotators and motors.

------------------
Before time began, there was the Cube. We know not where it comes from, only that it holds the power to create worlds- Optimus. P
-----------------------
Proud owner of Starr, the 1984 cube

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2024 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no but i think the 200 hp system from a chevy bolt might be an easy swap.except for the battery.
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2024 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are or have been several EV swaps, including with a Tesla system, also I think a company tried to take the Fiero and make a "factory" EV, similar to the Mera and Quicksilver rebody options. Don't think they succeeded though, but there was a prototype I think.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2024 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe this is the thread you saw.......

Tesla Swapped Fiero by Larryinkc
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/100536.html

------------------
Original Owner of a Silver '88 GT
Under 'Production Refurbishment' @ 136k Miles

F Craigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2024 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F CraiggClick Here to visit F Craigg's HomePageSend a Private Message to F CraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut:

I believe this is the thread you saw.......

It's pretty close to the one I saw online, It very well could be them. Hope i can contact them for how they understood the wiring. (꒪⌓꒪)
F Craigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2024 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F CraiggClick Here to visit F Craigg's HomePageSend a Private Message to F CraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F Craigg

55 posts
Member since Feb 2023

Originally posted by 1985 Fiero GT:

There are or have been several EV swaps, including with a Tesla system, also I think a company tried to take the Fiero and make a "factory" EV, similar to the Mera and Quicksilver rebody options. Don't think they succeeded though, but there was a prototype I think.

Love to see how that went, bet GM caught wind and slammed a cease and desist on that poor person.
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2024 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marty from the GGF club also did one. He sold it a number of years ago to a couple of guys back east and I heard it went downhill from there.☹️
Kit
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2024 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably 10 years ago there was a popular EV drag race somewhere up the Mid-Atlantic coast where an EV Fiero was quite successful. I can't find a link to it.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2024 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Probably 10 years ago there was a popular EV drag race somewhere up the Mid-Atlantic coast where an EV Fiero was quite successful. I can't find a link to it.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/088083.html
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, fieroguru.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2024 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd had one when he still had the Fiero Farm.
It wasn't anything to write home about.
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2024 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is one being built right now in Cali by the designers/vuilders that built the recent high end Delorean EV. Not sure what the budget on the build as as they won't release details but the the Delorean build was allegedly $100k plus the car.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I viewed the video of the guy that has an electric Fiero in Northern NJ. That one appears to be well constructed but I doubt if he gets more than a 50 mile range. There was one displayed at Carlisle about 10 years back but the owner had to trailer it there and back. Both were "in town" commuter cars.
Electric cars are heavy, hard on tires, provide poor range and take a long time to recharge. With a fast charger I would say that it takes about 2 hours to get a decent charge and thats if there is a charger available. Battery replacement in 7 years or so could cost $10-$15 K. My yearly trip to Carlisle is a 3 hour drive 158 miles and one rest stop. I don't recall any charging stations on the route 78 to 81. IMO they are not the answer.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock