Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Has anyone heard from isthiswhereiputausername recently?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Has anyone heard from isthiswhereiputausername recently? by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 07-08-2023 05:20 AM
Replies: 9 (487 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 07-13-2023 03:06 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2023 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you probably know, a large chunk of PFF's images reside on his server in the US. I was planning on moving those images over to my own server (since I now have more than enough storage space and bandwidth is less of an issue) but I never got around to it.

A few days ago, broken images were popping up all over the place and as it turns out, Jason's (isthiswhereiputausername) server could no longer be reached. Well, the server is still up, only the URL though which the images could be reached is no longer available. I'm also unable to login to the server through SSH.

The images still reside somewhere since they were still available last week so I still have hope they can be retrieved and transferred over to my server.

All that said, the most important thing is of course Jason is alright. I've been trying to get in touch with Jason (through email and PM) but have not received a response. I'm kinda worried because I checked and he hasn't posted in quite some time. Photo's can be replaced. Or not. That still doesn't weigh up to the well-being of a person. So first and foremost, I hope Jason is alright.

So if anyone knows him personally, and/or know how to get in touch with him - please do so we know if he's okay...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2023 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

As you probably know, a large chunk of PFF's images reside on his server in the US... Jason's (isthiswhereiputausername) server could no longer be reached.

Cliff, I believe Jason resides in Canada on the east coast. I've sent you a PM with some more info.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2023 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

An update, but I'm afraid it's not good news. Cliff Pennock has been trying to locate Jason, but it appears Jason has been moving back and forth from Prince Edward Island in Canada to Kansas in the States.

If anyone knows the whereabouts of Jason, please contact Cliff Pennock. It's critical that we locate him.
TakeTwo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2023 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TakeTwoSend a Private Message to TakeTwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Removing the link to his TikTok now that Cliff has had contact with him~

[This message has been edited by TakeTwo (edited 07-13-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2023 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TakeTwo:

He's active on 'TikTok'

I know that Cliff has tried to contact that Jason (not knowing for sure if that was "our" Jason or not), but there has been no response.

Do you know for a fact that this is indeed the same Jason that's registered here? The username, isthiswhereiputausername, would seem to indicate that it is... but it's odd that Jason has not responded to Cliff's attempts at communication. Obviously Cliff would like to have access to the images again, but he's also concerned whether or not Jason's okay.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-13-2023).]

Dukesterpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2023 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DukesterproSend a Private Message to DukesterproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will reach out him on Tik Tok, hang tight
Dukesterpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2023 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DukesterproSend a Private Message to DukesterproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dukesterpro

361 posts
Member since Aug 2022
Just reach out to him, will keep you all posted. He was active 17h ago from the time of this message. Will keep you posted.
Dukesterpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2023 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DukesterproSend a Private Message to DukesterproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dukesterpro

361 posts
Member since Aug 2022
Cliff,

I just spoke with Jason, he says he has been replying to your emails, might be some computer tomfoolery afoot, maybe shoot him an email with a phone number, or voip service so you guys can speak.

Let me know I can deliver any messages for you. The line is open on my end.

Thanks
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2023 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I just got his last email! I'm so glad he's okay!

Anyway, the image server going down was something out of his control and he's trying his best to get at least access to the images again so I can move them over to my server.

Let's hope for the best!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2023 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dukesterpro:

I just spoke with Jason...

Thanks so much for your help!

Originally posted by Patrick Here:

When the image below reappears, all is well.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock