GM to MrMike: cease & desist by MrMike
Started on: 11-03-2021 11:12 AM
Replies: 103 (4866 views)
Last post by: ltlgt88 on 02-07-2022 06:51 PM
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-23-2021 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:
Not all of the exotics you think are using leather are using it. Leather is harder to work with and get the nice tight fit you expect. Simulated leather products have the qualities people think real leather has but in reality doesn't.

Good luck finding someone who can do it better, it's unlikely to be cheaper or look as good, especially if you insist on leather. But I'm sure there's a plethora of local upholstery people who would like to work for you.

I disagree!

FACT: A real leather is a TOP material to use. Do you think a president of the United States would have his office chair made in Vinyl or leatherette??? NOPE! They always made a brand new leather cover for every new president.

When you think of Ferrari & Lambo, a REAL leather comes in mind. PERIOD.
IP: Logged
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-23-2021 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Vice

732 posts
Member since Jun 2015

Originally posted by Raydar:
Mike did cloth and leatherette seats for our old Miata. They were nothing short of superb.
I'm not sure about Fiero stuff, however.
Maybe he will jump in.

Not interested in cloth, leatherette or vinyl.

I want to treat my Fiero to the best material which is real leather like a Ferrari.

If Mr. Mike cannot understand how we Fiero enthusiasts feel about our Fiero with passion, then Mr. Mike is NOT the man for the job. PERIOD.
MrMike

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, MrMike here.
I apologize for going off the logo topic, but the issue of Leather has been brought up and needs to be properly addressed:
When ordering leather in 1986, in a color that matches a 1986, there were warehouses full of 1986 color hides.
These hides were manufactured in a quality manner.
But this is not 1986 and all that leather is gone.
SO:
When ordering a leather hide in a color that matches 1986 -
the manufacturer sprays any old hide the 1986 color you have requested.
When scratched with a car key (something not unusual in a car) the leather shows a scratch that is a different color from the hide.
This is not good leather.
This is called “Chasing color - not quality”.
I continue to offer Black leather, as I can buy quality Black leather, first is quality - second is it only needs to be Black.
I choose not to sell “color” leathers because it is of inferior quality.
Thank you, MrMike.
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-23-2021 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrMike:
Hi, MrMike here.
I apologize for going off the logo topic, but the issue of Leather has been brought up and needs to be properly addressed:
When ordering leather in 1986, in a color that matches a 1986, there were warehouses full of 1986 color hides.
These hides were manufactured in a quality manner.
But this is not 1986 and all that leather is gone.
SO:
When ordering a leather hide in a color that matches 1986 -
the manufacturer sprays any old hide the 1986 color you have requested.
When scratched with a car key (something not unusual in a car) the leather shows a scratch that is a different color from the hide.
This is not good leather.
This is called “Chasing color - not quality”.
I continue to offer Black leather, as I can buy quality Black leather, first is quality - second is it only needs to be Black.
I choose not to sell “color” leathers because it is of inferior quality.
Thank you, MrMike.

Mr. Mike,
Huh? You told me you NO longer do leather at all. Now, you are telling a different story. Sounds like another excuse when car manufacturers continue to use beechwood leather including Ferrari.

Again, I have a brand new dashboard along with door panels covered in brand new beechwood leather which is closely match to the original color. Even my steering wheel recovered by Alex is in real beechwood leather.

You told me over the phone that you don't do leather anymore and ended our phone conversation shortly, leaving me hanging. I guess you now have enough customers to keep your business afloat that you don't need my business, like you did a year before during the pandemic.

A leather option should always be offered. It's insane that a seat reupholstering business will not offer leather as one of options.

Like I said before, I have some beechwood leather left that I would like to use for my seats.

Here is a few pics of my dashboard, door panels & steering wheel and how nice it turned out.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 11-24-2021).]

Rjberner46

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rjberner46Send a Private Message to Rjberner46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Mike,

Any word on a new logo yet?
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember your call, I explained that I offer Black leather, and a wide variety of vinyl colors, and a customer color supplied vinyl service - but not a customer supplied leather service.
To offer a customer supplied leather service would open my business to potential problems, considering the nature of leather manufacture.
I am sure the leather used on your car is very nice, I did not mean to imply that all leather is poor quality, for instance my Black leather is outstanding.
Nothing personal, that you will need to enlist the services of a competent local auto upholstery shop.
-
MrMikes mass produces a standardized product and the selection of materials used is important to protect the reputation for durability.
Thank you, MrMike.
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MrMike

153 posts
Member since Jan 2002
No response from TX Opie yet about the new logo.
Thank you, MrMike
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MrMike

153 posts
Member since Jan 2002
I am collaborating with Russ Wormuth of RW Upholstery https://rwupholstery.com/ on a new logo.
Will have a picture soon.
Thank you, MrMike.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2021 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The badge doesn't look like a 328 Ferrari unlike a whole Mira do as we say not as we do.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 11-26-2021).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2021 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would actually inquire about what it would cost to do a license agreement. It can be negotiable too. Maybe it can be as low as $10 a set of seats. You can pass that on to us of course. I wouldn't think it would be expensive as we may think it is. Just a nod and tax to GM, that's all.
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2021 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First test has arrived.
The embroidery program needs refinement, image in center will be smaller (more space around it), image lines to be wider, border of shield lines to be wider than the image lines. Program punches the center (that needs to be eliminated). Hold please.

PFF
System Bot
Rjberner46

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2021 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rjberner46Send a Private Message to Rjberner46Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Mike.
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2022 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The embroidery program is ready for prime time.
We are calling this "Titan the Horse" as no references can be made to any General Motors trademarked words.
Thank you, MrMike.

Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2022 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just make sure the final product doesn't resemble these or the GM Nazis will come knocking again...

MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2022 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gosh, I hope we didn't step on any of the GM artist's toes.
MrMike and team.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2022 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This whole logo incident sounds very strange to me. I believe that all that needed to be done is a slight change on the Fiero logo and that should do it. I have gray leather Mr Mikes seat upholstery 15 years old and they have held up fine. No logos as I prefer it that way. GM should be happy that Fieros are being restored and shown as example of a GM car ahead of its time but it looks like they are out to destroy all memories of their past. Look what GM did on stopping production of the GT lens covers. Does this move sound as though it will help them in any way???

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2022 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this thread that sorts of references it.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/063165.html

Though what Cliff designed, is those logos too close to "likeness" for GM taste you think?

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 02-04-2022).]

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2022 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can only image the Pegasus stickers are next. I would list the site that I just bought from but maybe GM is now monitoring fiero.nl.
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2022 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
Look what GM did on stopping production of the GT lens covers.

We don't really know what happened with the lenses. Acres hasn't been too forthcoming. For all we know GM was charging $1 per lens and wanted $2 per lens and Acres said no.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2022 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are so many stock royalty free images of Pegasus the flying horse online that we do not need GM's permission to use them.
Many of them are here: Pegasus Logos

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 02-05-2022).]

slicknick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2022 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't defend it, you lose it. That's why people say GM is reasonable with people making restoration parts.

There's no way that GM wouldn't love to see restored hallmarks of their brand cruising the streets. Hell, they'd probably even appreciate a restored Citation or 1st gen cavalier cruising around.

[This message has been edited by slicknick (edited 02-05-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2022 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a good example, it has the Pontiac name AND the Fiero logo, with no GM license, anyone coming after them?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325034050581
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2022 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Skybax:

Here is a good example, it has the Pontiac name AND the Fiero logo, with no GM license, anyone coming after them?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325034050581

I suspect that if anything is said, they'll just change names, and be right back.

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2022 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another possiblity if you want the original logo is too get Mr Mikes or RW's products and then take to a local embroidery
or uphollstry shop and take them a image of the logo and have them place it on

I got my new seats upholstered locally and give them a good PDF of the logo and they sent it off to a embroidery person that work with and it came back great without a problem.

Because they are providing a service and aren't selling the product of the logo themselves. Some shops might not do it, but you take all the risk and leave it off Mr Mike and RW hands

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 02-07-2022).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock