Started on: 10-21-2021 05:43 AM
Replies: 42 (1076 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 11-11-2021 12:50 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2021 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
Is there a way to filter the thread out if started by a certain individual? I'm not talking every post in other threads, just the whole thread started by a certain person?

No. If there were, I think I would know about it.
IP: Logged
fireboss

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2021 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossClick Here to Email firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

No. If there were, I think I would know about it.

Trinten

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2021 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Cliff,

I'm sure some people will appreciate not having to see threads derailed by the trolls. I'm sorry for any additional administrative overhead it'll add to your plate for watching for it (or if reported to you, verifying) and then executing it.

From my lurking, I can only think about three pairs of people that tend to do this pretty commonly, hopefully that'll really take care of the majority of the issue.

Hudini - easiest way to do that is just see who started a thread when looking through a parent forum area. If you see it was started by someone you know irks you... skip the thread. There are folks that I tend to skip threads, or their posts, for that reason. The contributions are either non-constructive, or fully destructive; no sense in letting it irk me or trying to say anything corrective because that is usually just giving them a signal that they've got someone's attention and can keep going.

[This message has been edited by Trinten (edited 11-11-2021).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock