Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Do NOT Buy From West Coast Fiero (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Do NOT Buy From West Coast Fiero by Stricken
Started on: 12-03-2020 10:25 PM
Replies: 45 (3045 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 04-15-2021 04:50 PM
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

Just went to their website to show some of their products to my wife, & the first slide on their home page reads this disclaimer "photos on website may not depict actual product". Not sure if this is new. It only displays for a few seconds, & none of the other slider images have this disclaimer.

Those god damn bastards, they update all the mistakes and disclaimers once we say something. Their watching this thread carefully.

I just hope they step up and do some major improvements if they want us to buy from them.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

IP: Logged
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:
they update all the mistakes and disclaimers once we say something. Their watching this thread carefully.

& if they are watching, rather than improving their service & taking the opportunity to correct frustrations that they cause the customer, they double down on being right
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2020 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought a front battery tray from them about 10+ year ago - they finally sent it out 8 months after continuously hounding them. Was ok quality, but need modification to fit correctly.

I would never buy from them again (especially after all these horror stories) unless it was something I could walk into their "store" physically see it and walk out with.
vertigo1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2021 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vertigo1Send a Private Message to vertigo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well now I'm sad.
I've been out of the loop for a long time. Last Fiero I owned I gave up over a decade ago until just last week. Now we find it has TONS of exhaust leaks around the headers and Y-pipe that I WAS going to resolve with a purchase from West Coast Fiero's offerings.
With all this bad publicity, is there ANYONE else that sells nice headers like the one's described on WCF's website? Was specifically looking at the "Shorty" headers.
I noticed that since leaving the Fiero community all those years ago that The Fiero Store has massively reduced it's inventory. I know they used to sell some nice "Sprinter" headers for the V6 but alas that is no more :-(.
Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks for the head's up on this outfit. Will avoid.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2021 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered and received F23 brackets from WCF. They were a little late, and communication could have been better, but they look good. I won't know for a month or two if they actually fit

I also have a set of their 3800 headers on my car for the last number of years, and they don't leak at all. They were purchased by the previous owner, so I have no idea if they actually do anything for performance, etc.

Unless you have a highly modified 2.8/3.1, I am not sure how much benefit headers will make, compared to just porting out the stock manifolds a bit. Good luck with your search
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2021 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would not go so far as to say WCF is dishonest but sometimes they can be very short on customer service. Personally I have not had any problems with their products and service but others have. Most swap parts are built to order and if you buy a set of headers from them you may experience a long delivery time. I would ask for a delivery quote before ordering anything from WCF.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock