Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New PFF features - I've been busy! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New PFF features - I've been busy! by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 12-01-2019 03:03 AM
Replies: 139 (3298 views)
Last post by: PatrickTRoof on 01-20-2020 09:56 AM
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just a test to see if I can use my Mac to post pics now. Looks great this is awesome I can retire my old laptop now. Thanks Cliff!

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 12-02-2019).]

IP: Logged
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

So will the uploader rezise any size pic, so that it uploads as an image and not an icon, and fits on screen without stretching text off of a monitor? That will be key.

Most images posted so far in this thread are too big for the screen.

If an image is larger than 1920 pixels horizontally, it will be resized. In your browser, it will be resized to fit the screen. So it should no longer happen that threads are so wide, you need to scroll it horizontally as well just to be able to read it.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I hope that's what you meant, but I've implemented two very faintarrows at the top right and bottom right of the screen. Tapping thos takes you to the top and bottom of the screen.

Maybe it is because I’m on my iPad, but I don’t see the arrows.

I meant a feature where when looking at the list of posts in a forum, you can click on something that takes you to the newest post you haven’t seen in the thread. Many forums have this feature.
Habanera Hal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Cliff for all your hard work!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I meant a feature where when looking at the list of posts in a forum, you can click on something that takes you to the newest post you haven’t seen in the thread. Many forums have this feature.

They are very, very faint I'm working on a bit better visibilty. But not too much so they become annoying.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are very, very faint I'm working on a bit better visibilty. But not too much so they become annoying.

Just checked on my PC, don't see them.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They only appear on mobile.
Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

I can finally post pics........Instead of asking for help (And I fixed computers at Atari in 1982- but the programming stuff is foreign language to me)

Love those scoops.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like it!

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff, this is great. My 86 GT:
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe someone who uses a phone to post at this forum (and/or Cliff) can answer this... as I only use my PC (which works just fine with the new system).

With Cliff's new image upload system, can the Enter key on a phone not be used a couple of times between uploaded images to create a space between posted images?

More importantly, using the Enter key a couple of times between image addresses would also prevent the image addresses from becoming corrupted (when a space is introduced in the middle of the address during formatting of the post)... as with this corrupted image address below.

Click to show

Here's an example. Is there a reason why the Enter key on a phone can't be used during the image upload process to create text that looks like the second picture?

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed that on my phone, i can't resize the forum pages anymore. As far as I can tell, this is the only website with that problem. I'm using Firefox for Android, if that makes any difference.
Also, is there a way to dismiss the PFF logo at the top of the screen? It covers up about 1/3 of the screen on my phone.
Skatulaki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkatulakiSend a Private Message to SkatulakiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You Cliff for updating and all your hard work, I will make a donation soon, I'm new here and just trying to figure it all out, and things change fast!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I noticed that on my phone, i can't resize the forum pages anymore. As far as I can tell, this is the only website with that problem.

That's not a problem but actually a design choice. It's weird that you haven't seen that mine often because there are many many sites that disable zoom on mobile phones...

I'm using Firefox for Android, if that makes any difference.
Also, is there a way to dismiss the PFF logo at the top of the screen? It covers up about 1/3 of the screen on my phone.

There shouldn't be a PFF logo at the bottom. So something is not rendering correctly on your end. Could you post a screenshot?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11617 posts
Member since Jan 99

Originally posted by fierobear:

Aahhh, I just realized that on an iPad, you who still see the desktop interface. The mobile interface will only show up on mobile phones.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock: There shouldn't be a PFF logo at the bottom. So something is not rendering correctly on your end. Could you post a screenshot?

It appears the page header is doing that on my phone (i.e. the mobile website). It only happens when the phone is in landscape mode. The page header (with the PFF logo in it) expands to fill about 1/3 of the screen. Also, it acts like it's "stickied" to the top of the screen. So I can't scroll past it. And it acts like it's on a separate layer, on top of the rest of the website. So it covers things up.

Things get really messy when I try to write a post while the phone is in landscape mode. Between the header and the on-screen keyboard, they cover up almost the entire screen.

Also, my phone does not switch to the desktop version of the website in landscape mode. It displays the mobile version only.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FWIW, on my Android phone the banner with Cliff's car stays about in the middle of portrait screens while other content scrolls behind; in landscape rotation, the banner may be at the top or bottom.
Depending on where I'm looking in the system the banner is in different places...

Aside from the banner wandering around in the way, I think the mobile friendly format is fabulous.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

FWIW, on my Android phone the banner with Cliff's car stays about in the middle of portrait screens while other content scrolls behind;

Can you post a screenshot?
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So exciting!! Thanks Cliff!!
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test....

Could it be? ...
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nope. Lol! By the time I learned that I could get a screenshot on my phone, how to get it and trying it out on a JPG, the banner is staying at the top.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the greatest technological thingy in the history of PFF! Great job Cliff!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-03-2019).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

This one uploaded from a PC

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-03-2019).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oooh!!! I have GOT to try this!

This is GREAT!!!
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job, Cliff.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
iphone 11

When posting from my phone, it gave me an option of choosing the size.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 12-03-2019).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THANK YOU CLIFF !

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2019 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This will surely help this great forum! Nice.

Edit: Wrong pic.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 12-04-2019).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the updates.. one reason I don’t post much anymore was I couldn’t post pictures from my iPad which is all I use..

Looks like it works..👍
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neat!

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 12-04-2019).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for taking the time to do these updates, Cliff!
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been working very hard these last few weeks implementing some very needed features...

Cliff, the EDIT button disappeared today. I'm running Win7 on a PC. Don't start deleting features, eh! Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch.

[EDIT] Well that's weird, it's back. Yes, I was logged in previously when the EDIT button wouldn't show up. Strange.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-04-2019).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good news! My phone switches to the desktop website when in landscape mode. That also negates the logo issue.

That said, I wish Cliff would reconsider the resize feature. Holding the phone up to my face to read the tiny text isn't fun.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's the donation drop down that causes the issue. If you scroll back to the top and close that donation drop down the header stays at the top.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is cool.
Thanks Cliff!

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

88GT resurrection in progress.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

It's the donation drop down that causes the issue. If you scroll back to the top and close that donation drop down the header stays at the top.

That's odd. Does the donation window at the top opens every time? It should stay away at least a month after you've closed it.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11617 posts
Member since Jan 99

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Good news! My phone switches to the desktop website when in landscape mode. That also negates the logo issue.

That said, I wish Cliff would reconsider the resize feature. Holding the phone up to my face to read the tiny text isn't fun.

Yes, I now force the mobile UI to switch back to desktop view when viewed in landscape mode. I also enabled zoom again.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never, in all these years had much or any trouble with PIP, but I have to admit, the new post/upload image thing is quick and easy!!

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock: Yes, I now force the mobile UI to switch back to desktop view when viewed in landscape mode. I also enabled zoom again.

AWESOME!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Cliff, the EDIT button disappeared today. I'm running Win7 on a PC. Don't start deleting features, eh! Hopefully this is just a temporary glitch.

[EDIT] Well that's weird, it's back. Yes, I was logged in previously when the EDIT button wouldn't show up. Strange.

I've noticed a delay in the edit button, it seems to appear a few minutes after posting...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock