Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Heartland Fieros 18th annual Fiero show.....THE SHOW IS ON!!!!!!!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Heartland Fieros 18th annual Fiero show.....THE SHOW IS ON!!!!!!! by DanFiero
Started on: 06-22-2019 04:04 PM
Replies: 20 (900 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 09-11-2019 09:40 AM
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2019 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updated show information, Heartland Fieros Show is now Heartland Fieros Show and a show!!

I've updated the info below with addition of our new Saturday Night entertainment at the Drive In Theater!!!
We know there were some rumors at the Dells of the shows demise but just wanted everyone to know that.....THE SHOW IS ON!!!!

We apologize for the delay in information on this year's show, there has been a few issues with the city and our location which we owe a big Thank You to Tom Lagomarcino(The Fiero Freeze guy) for going to bat for us this year and getting the city council to allow us this location for one more year.

Now the news!!!

I would like to Thank Fred and Annette for spear heading and being gracious hosts at their house for the past 15 years. With out their hard work and vision Heartland wouldn't be what it is today!!

As the world changes so shall Fiero things change. Fred and Annette would like to step back and let others take the reigns on the show so they can have more time to enjoy the show and friends themselves and take well deserved break from running the show completely.

With that being said a few changes as of right now for this year's show will be no more camping at Fred and Annettes (please patronize our host hotel) and the after show grill out also will not be at their house and will be changing in either location or activity all together (sorry still working on the details).

Show information:

Host hotel:
Comfort Inn and Suites
902 Mississippi View Ct
Le Claire, IA 52753
563-289-4747

We have a block of rooms set aside for August 30th and 31st at $120/night. They have 2 queens or 1 king and free breakfast. Just ask for the Heartland Fiero group rate.

There will be no camping at Fred and Annette's this year so please plan accordingly.

Show itinerary:

Friday evening:

For those interested and up for a drive, some of us will be heading to Coral Ridge Mall in Coralville, Iowa right off of I-80 to join in on a cruise night hosted by Classy Chassis Cruisers a local car club that welcomes all makes and models. For those coming from the west could meet us there around 5 p.m. on your way into the show and cruise to Davenport (LeClaire) at dusk.

Saturday:

Car Show in the Village of East Davenport
Car Show 12pm - 4pm
Awards Presentation at 3:30pm

Saturday Evening:

Glad to announce that after the day show we will be enjoying an evening show (double feature if you can stay awake).

We will caravan or meet a short 20"ish drive at the Blue Grass Drive in for an evening show(s) and just some relaxing camaraderie (aka circle of shame) as we wait for dusk to enjoy a double feature of movies ( which movies to be determined the week of the show). Details are still be confirmed at this time but they have a full service concession stand and plenty of space for us to be entertained. Drive in rules are no food or alcohol are allowed so please be aware and respectful of their establishment and patronize their concessions.

Finer details are still to be confirmed on a special admission price and time we will be allowed in, hope to have that confirmed very soon.

Blue Grass Drive In theater
https://bgdrive.in/
774 W Mayne St
Blue Grass, IA 52726

So plan a good time with some great people and join us for some great cars and even better friends!!!.

Details are still be finalized and this page will be updated as info becomes available.

www.heartlandfieros.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/294524591845/

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 08-02-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2019 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Things change.

We attended the year that doubled as Fred's 50th. The BBQ at Fred's was probably the highlight.

Have the flood waters affected anything?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2019 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always a good time with good folks, I look forward to hearing more details.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-14-2019).]

sledcaddie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2019 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. Labor Day weekend. Sounds interesting. Hopefully, the high river won't affect this.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2019 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updated information for Saturday Nights entertainment and a shameless bump to the top.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2019 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds fun
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2019 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking forward to the show!

------------------

2014 Ford F150 Tremor 1 of 2086
2018 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T
1988 Fiero Coupe CJB T-Top
1987 Fiero Coupe T-Top
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2019 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Friday night cruise last week had 160+ cars show up, lets make a good showing of Fieros at the next one!!

If anyone is coming in on Friday from the North or west and wants to meet up at the cruise instead of Driving to the host hotel the driving back to the cruise let me know, i'm in Cedar Rapids (1/2 hour north of the cruise sight) and I can host people that come in early or can cruise down with you. LMK

Dan
BadNewsBrendan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2019 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BadNewsBrendanSend a Private Message to BadNewsBrendanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to try and get my engine rebuilt and running again in time. Fingers crossed! Sounds like a lot of fun.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2019 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

The Friday night cruise last week had 160+ cars show up, lets make a good showing of Fieros at the next one!!

If anyone is coming in on Friday from the North or west and wants to meet up at the cruise instead of Driving to the host hotel the driving back to the cruise let me know, i'm in Cedar Rapids (1/2 hour north of the cruise sight) and I can host people that come in early or can cruise down with you. LMK

Dan

I just might do that we'll see how my timing works out

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2019 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The show is this weekend, Aug 31st! I heard there will be at least two rare historical Fieros present
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2019 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007
I'm for sure heading to the Cruise before the hotel, Dan maybe we can cruise in together what time were you thinking of arriving at the cruise in?

edit, oh I see 5pm on the FB event

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-28-2019).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2019 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish I had the time to make the drive. Always nice to meet up with fellow Fiero enthusiast.
BadNewsBrendan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2019 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BadNewsBrendanSend a Private Message to BadNewsBrendanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone bringing parts to sell like the 35th? Also I am bringing a poncho cause it could be rainy
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2019 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was planning on leaving the Cedar Rapids area around 4:30 today if anyone is in the area and wants to cruise in together.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2019 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was fun, Cruise night, Fiero show and Drive in Movie. Hanging with Fiero Friends
Not sure when I can get any pics up here but you can see them on Heartland Fieros facebook page.
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2019 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where's the pictures?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2019 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edfiero:

Where's the pictures?

On my phone
Gotta find some time to deal with PIP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2019 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heeeeeeres pics

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2019 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a great time. Might have to join you all next year.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
1988 Fiero Formula
2018 Ford Ecosport Ecoboost
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners
FieroNews Hoodies and T-Shirts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2019 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See ya there

If you are on facebook check out the events section of https://www.facebook.com/midwestfieroclubs/ they have a lot of the "Midwest" events in one spot.
Their website is
http://midwestfieroclubs.aaca.com/
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay