Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  One of the best written '85 Fiero GT craigslist ads I have seen!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
One of the best written '85 Fiero GT craigslist ads I have seen! by railshot
Started on: 08-09-2018 05:42 PM
Replies: 15 (447 views)
Last post by: Imnuts on 08-17-2018 02:58 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://chicago.craigslist....1985/6653007407.html

And he is in Peoria!
You guys really have to invite him as an "honored" guest this weekend at the 35th.

LOL, I love a good Fiero advertisement.

Edit to add first descriptions from the ad...… I am still rolling laughing!

"Want to cross "own mid-engine supercar" off of you bucket list?

Want to have enough women surrounding you, that you need to wear a life vest to keep from drowning in it?

Look no further, and buy this 1985 Fiero GT!

Don't believe me? Just look at the pictures....

Not enough? Look at what it did you my good friend Corey in the other pictures. Just your average run of the mill guy in any other circumstance, but BAM next to the Fiero he instantly grew enough flow to run for the 2018 all-star hockey hair team. "

Click the link to read more!

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 08-09-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best car ad ive ever written. Gotta be, its the best car ever built.
jon

------------------
I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun! 3800 SC swap to come!

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

https://chicago.craigslist....1985/6653007407.html

And he is in Peoria!
You guys really have to invite him as an "honored" guest this weekend at the 35th.

LOL, I love a good Fiero advertisement.

Edit to add first descriptions from the ad...… I am still rolling laughing!

"Want to cross "own mid-engine supercar" off of you bucket list?

Want to have enough women surrounding you, that you need to wear a life vest to keep from drowning in it?

Not enough? Look at what it did you my good friend Corey in the other pictures. Just your average run of the mill guy in any other circumstance, but BAM next to the Fiero he instantly grew enough flow to run for the 2018 all-star hockey hair team. "
Click the link to read more!

Wow, great ad....was rolling on the floor, howling! great sense of humor...and speakth the truth !

one of the better ads.....

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2018 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/141567.html

I guess I'm day late, and a dollar short again. LOL....
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could buy it - then you wouldn't be late or short!
jon

------------------
I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun! 3800 SC swap to come!

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone needs to fly into Peoria, buy the car, and show up at the 35th in it!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2018 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This posting has been flagged for removal.
dartrav

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2018 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dartravClick Here to visit dartrav's HomePageSend a Private Message to dartravEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been removed, I didn't see it.

Anyone copy it by chance?
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same here, would like to read it if someone copied it.

Thanks

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87GT2M6

1297 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Thanks JohnWPB

John copied it before it was taken down, here's the text portion:
Want to cross "own mid-engine supercar" off of you bucket list?

Not enough? Look at what it did you my good friend Corey in the other pictures. Just your average run of the mill guy in any other circumstance, but BAM next to the Fiero he instantly grew enough flow to run for the 2018 all-star hockey hair team.

Why am I selling then? Because I just got married and my run is up. Despite the fact the Fiero is how I met my wife, she is now being hypocritical and insisting I sell it. So, it's time to pass the torch to the next lucky guy.

But it's more than just what the Fiero will do for you, its what it has done for the betterment of society. What can't be said about the fiero that hasn't already been said about the wheel, penicillin, duct tape, or any other great inventions. These and the Fiero have forever changed the world as we know it. This beauty is a prime example of 1980's America. Something that could only have been produced for the cocaine induced era of the 80's. Yeah it's a little rough around the edges, but that's the way a Fiero is supposed to be, and anyone who argues with that is a communist.

This isn't your chance to just own another car, or even a classic car. This is your chance to own something great. In fact, it's more than a car, it's a lifestyle. It was and will always be the "working man's Ferrari" It's the danger zone to Kenny Loggins, and just by reading this add you recognize the utter badassery that is presented before you.

Here's what you get from an 85 Fiero GT

Engine: 2.8L transverse mounted V6 delivering a 1980's respectable 140hp. But from what women keep reassuring me, "it's not about the power, it's about how you use it". And use it well the Fiero does

Chassis: The rear mounted engine (basically a Pontiac Ferrari) and composite body (plastic is a close 2nd to carbon fiber) insure this thing weighs in less than 2,700 lbs! and 56% of that is over the rear tires.

Transmission: 4 speed manual, because real men shift

Suspension: Let's be honest, the rear suspension is McPherson strut that GM took from the front of a Chevy citation to save money. So, it leaves a little to be desired. Technically speaking the front suspension is a double A-arm but you wouldn't know that from driving it.

Brakes: Discs on all 4 corners, how about them apples for 1985 GM product. Surprisingly, GM managed to mess this up and they perform poorly compared to today's standards especially when considering its weight.

Steering: Assisted rack and pinion (and by assisted, I mean bump assisted)

Seats: 2

Wheels: Factory alloy wheels that are more 80's than a Sony Walkman

Exhaust: mo-fu**** factory trumpet exhaust tips (Cocaine is a hell of a drug)
Stereo: period correct aftermarket Jensen cd player, to compliment the factory speakers in the headrests

Pro's
1) There is more 1980's in this car than the movie Top Gun
2) Clean interior
3) It runs, drives, steers, and stops.
4) New shocks and struts
5) Rear sway bar
6) Decent tread left on the tires
7) 99,000 miles

Cons
Like you this car isn't perfect. Here's a list of the things that some people could consider negative.
1) Pop-up headlights always stay up but work (If you only drove it at night you would never notice this)
2) AC doesn't work (but sweating is manly and it has power windows, see next issue)
3) Windows work but are pretty slow (but I'm not sure why you would ever drive a Fiero in a hurry)
4) Transmission is challenging to shift due to narrow gates (this should really be a pro as it feels more rewarding when you finally find the right gear)
5) Tachometer doesn't work (I go by sound and feel)
6) Headliner is sagging
7) There are probably some more things I am forgetting. So, come look for yourself.

So, if you're still reading, and sick of your boring mundane life. Here's your chance to take the horns, live your life, and make it clear to everyone around you that you do what you want
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is fabulous!
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2018 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I'm not mistaken they showed up at the show but parked in the regular parking lot.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2018 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is a copy of the ad that I copied the information to in the original thread, before this one was started / duplicated

My Favorite line from the whole ad:

"Pop-up headlights always stay up but work (If you only drove it at night you would never notice this)"

Here is a copy of the ad for when the Craigslist ad is taken down:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mid-engine supercar: 1985 Fiero GT - $2200 (Peoria)

Want to cross "own mid-engine supercar" off of you bucket list?

Not enough? Look at what it did you my good friend Corey in the other pictures. Just your average run of the mill guy in any other circumstance, but BAM next to the Fiero he instantly grew enough flow to run for the 2018 all-star hockey hair team.

Why am I selling then? Because I just got married and my run is up. Despite the fact the Fiero is how I met my wife, she is now being hypocritical and insisting I sell it. So, it's time to pass the torch to the next lucky guy.

But it's more than just what the Fiero will do for you, its what it has done for the betterment of society. What can't be said about the fiero that hasn't already been said about the wheel, penicillin, duct tape, or any other great inventions. These and the Fiero have forever changed the world as we know it. This beauty is a prime example of 1980's America. Something that could only have been produced for the cocaine induced era of the 80's. Yeah it's a little rough around the edges, but that's the way a Fiero is supposed to be, and anyone who argues with that is a communist.

This isn't your chance to just own another car, or even a classic car. This is your chance to own something great. In fact, it's more than a car, it's a lifestyle. It was and will always be the "working man's Ferrari" It's the danger zone to Kenny Loggins, and just by reading this add you recognize the utter badassery that is presented before you.

Here's what you get from an 85 Fiero GT

Engine: 2.8L transverse mounted V6 delivering a 1980's respectable 140hp. But from what women keep reassuring me, "it's not about the power, it's about how you use it". And use it well the Fiero does

Chassis: The rear mounted engine (basically a Pontiac Ferrari) and composite body (plastic is a close 2nd to carbon fiber) insure this thing weighs in less than 2,700 lbs! and 56% of that is over the rear tires.

Transmission: 4 speed manual, because real men shift

Suspension: Let's be honest, the rear suspension is McPherson strut that GM took from the front of a Chevy citation to save money. So, it leaves a little to be desired. Technically speaking the front suspension is a double A-arm but you wouldn't know that from driving it.

Brakes: Discs on all 4 corners, how about them apples for 1985 GM product. Surprisingly, GM managed to mess this up and they perform poorly compared to today's standards especially when considering its weight.

Steering: Assisted rack and pinion (and by assisted, I mean bump assisted)

Seats: 2

Wheels: Factory alloy wheels that are more 80's than a Sony Walkman

Exhaust: mo-fu**** factory trumpet exhaust tips (Cocaine is a hell of a drug)
Stereo: period correct aftermarket Jensen cd player, to compliment the factory speakers in the headrests

Pro's
1) There is more 1980's in this car than the movie Top Gun
2) Clean interior
3) It runs, drives, steers, and stops.
4) New shocks and struts
5) Rear sway bar
6) Decent tread left on the tires
7) 99,000 miles

Cons
Like you this car isn't perfect. Here's a list of the things that some people could consider negative.
1) Pop-up headlights always stay up but work (If you only drove it at night you would never notice this)
2) AC doesn't work (but sweating is manly and it has power windows, see next issue)
3) Windows work but are pretty slow (but I'm not sure why you would ever drive a Fiero in a hurry)
4) Transmission is challenging to shift due to narrow gates (this should really be a pro as it feels more rewarding when you finally find the right gear)
5) Tachometer doesn't work (I go by sound and feel)
6) Headliner is sagging
7) There are probably some more things I am forgetting. So, come look for yourself.

So, if you're still reading, and sick of your boring mundane life. Here's your chance to take the horns, live your life, and make it clear to everyone around you that you do what you want

dartrav

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2018 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dartravClick Here to visit dartrav's HomePageSend a Private Message to dartravEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indeed, that is awesomeness right there!

Well done OP!
Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL that add was quite fun. Thanks for sharing.

------------------
∇PONTIAC∇
“The difference between a Fiero owner
and a genius is that genius has its limits.”

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay