You gotta read this ad by yamahasrx700
Started on: 07-27-2018 10:00 AM
Replies: 15 (610 views)
Last post by: longjonsilver on 08-10-2018 10:00 AM
yamahasrx700

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yamahasrx700Send a Private Message to yamahasrx700Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Drewbdo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrewbdoSend a Private Message to DrewbdoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now, that's funny right thar... I don't care who ya are... lol
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2018 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a very funny ad....He really worked on it- and he does know about Fieros.....
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if he is coming to the 35th? If his map is correct he lives right by the shopping center where the 50s diner we are going to is located.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is probably one of the funnier craigslist adds I have seen.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A sense of humor there but least he has it priced realistically!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own a jet boat (A CVX-20 Glastron-Carlson)......The ads on craigslist/Ebay, etc for jet boats are laughable; Jet boats are (Generally) quick (Acceleration) but are not very impressive top speed-wise........You will see a 18 foot Tahiti w/ 454 350 hp and the guy will claim the boat hits 120.......(My boat has 400 hp and hits 60....But it gets to 30 mph in 3 seconds flat- Much faster than any DD ski boat)...

Almost every ad for jet boats claims some outrageous number for top speed........I think there is a "Law of the Universe" that requires it!
yamahasrx700

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamahasrx700Send a Private Message to yamahasrx700Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 1974 16 foot Tahiti (Sidewinder) with a 115 Johnson. it will touch 50. I love my boat
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2018 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Outboards or jets...The only boats I have any interest in......If your Tahiti has the 45* corners at the rear, then that hull was copied from the 1966 Glastron Bayflite 16'...It is, by at least one order of magnitude, the most produced fiberglass hull design ever....Most companies just bought a Bayflite, coated it with mold-release, and pulled a copy off of it, then cut down the sides and made a new top for it...Some went thru the trouble of eliminating the 45* corners.....Sidewinder boats copied the Bayflite, then sued everyone for copying "Their" design.....

Glastron hit a homerun with their mid-60s hull design...They were way ahead of the times...My 1977 CVX-20 Jet has a computer punch card laminated under the dash......Listing all of the variables of the boat- colors, dash/instruments, engine, jet drive version, windshield, etc.....
Red98422

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2018 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red98422Send a Private Message to Red98422Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny ass advertisement!! Also to continue to derail the subject +1 for outboards, jets on the water are one of the least efficient ways to transfer power (1st gen is something like 70% efficient) I know a guy has an 18’ tunnel with an outboard gps’s at 109mph and that’s a no bs number. I do love jets (mainly for the big block power plants) but man they are really hard to get going at the top end.

ETA: punctuation and take a cuss word out.

[This message has been edited by Red98422 (edited 07-28-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
jimsxray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2018 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimsxraySend a Private Message to jimsxrayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is the funniest Craigslist add I've ever seen. He did a nice job on it and he appears to know Fieros well.

I feel I must add my two cents regarding boats. During the eighties I had a '74 19' Sea ray with a 455 olds and a Berkeley pump. It was a challenge to ski behind. Like having a fire hose aimed at you. However, I never damaged a prop but I did have the pleasure of removing a tow rope from the pump in the middle of Lake Powell.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2018 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just have one question for the guy in that ad; Where are all the women for ME? I've owned my Fiero for 33 years and never had even 1 woman sit on my.....car)

As far as jets, I always wondered about the "Jets are inefficient" line.....90% of Ferries in the world are jets- Obviously, some of that is having nothing hanging down to damage- but if they were THAT inefficient then it wouldn't be 90%....So I built my 460 Ford using ideas from the LS V8s; Tight quench (0.40") and wide lobe sep' angle on the cam, then adjusted the Edelbrock carb; Rich on top end but 2 steps lean at mid-range, and also a newer impeller (Longer blades but steeper angle).....I am getting better efficiency than the DD ski boats and no comparison to the silly "Buzz-bomb" jetski jet boats they sell now......DD ski boats get 3.2-3.4 mpg, Buzzy jets get 2.6-3.2 mpg, and I carefully measured mine at Trinity lake; 31 miles then refilled translucent tank to mark, 8 gallons= 3.88 mpg. (Remember, the "Prius" of boats is a 16 foot low-pro with merc 4 I/O= 8 mpg...Different frame of reference)
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2018 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is FANTASTIC!

My Favorite line from the whole ad:

"Pop-up headlights always stay up but work (If you only drove it at night you would never notice this)"

Here is a copy of the ad for when the Craigslist ad is taken down:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mid-engine supercar: 1985 Fiero GT - $2200 (Peoria)

Want to cross "own mid-engine supercar" off of you bucket list?

Want to have enough women surrounding you, that you need to wear a life vest to keep from drowning in it?

Look no further, and buy this 1985 Fiero GT!

Don't believe me? Just look at the pictures....

Not enough? Look at what it did you my good friend Corey in the other pictures. Just your average run of the mill guy in any other circumstance, but BAM next to the Fiero he instantly grew enough flow to run for the 2018 all-star hockey hair team.

Why am I selling then? Because I just got married and my run is up. Despite the fact the Fiero is how I met my wife, she is now being hypocritical and insisting I sell it. So, it's time to pass the torch to the next lucky guy.

But it's more than just what the Fiero will do for you, its what it has done for the betterment of society. What can't be said about the fiero that hasn't already been said about the wheel, penicillin, duct tape, or any other great inventions. These and the Fiero have forever changed the world as we know it. This beauty is a prime example of 1980's America. Something that could only have been produced for the cocaine induced era of the 80's. Yeah it's a little rough around the edges, but that's the way a Fiero is supposed to be, and anyone who argues with that is a communist.

This isn't your chance to just own another car, or even a classic car. This is your chance to own something great. In fact, it's more than a car, it's a lifestyle. It was and will always be the "working man's Ferrari" It's the danger zone to Kenny Loggins, and just by reading this add you recognize the utter badassery that is presented before you.

Here's what you get from an 85 Fiero GT

Engine: 2.8L transverse mounted V6 delivering a 1980's respectable 140hp. But from what women keep reassuring me, "it's not about the power, it's about how you use it". And use it well the Fiero does

Chassis: The rear mounted engine (basically a Pontiac Ferrari) and composite body (plastic is a close 2nd to carbon fiber) insure this thing weighs in less than 2,700 lbs! and 56% of that is over the rear tires.

Transmission: 4 speed manual, because real men shift

Suspension: Let's be honest, the rear suspension is McPherson strut that GM took from the front of a Chevy citation to save money. So, it leaves a little to be desired. Technically speaking the front suspension is a double A-arm but you wouldn't know that from driving it.

Brakes: Discs on all 4 corners, how about them apples for 1985 GM product. Surprisingly, GM managed to mess this up and they perform poorly compared to today's standards especially when considering its weight.

Steering: Assisted rack and pinion (and by assisted, I mean bump assisted)

Seats: 2

Wheels: Factory alloy wheels that are more 80's than a Sony Walkman

Exhaust: mo-fu**** factory trumpet exhaust tips (Cocaine is a hell of a drug)
Stereo: period correct aftermarket Jensen cd player, to compliment the factory speakers in the headrests

Pro's
1) There is more 1980's in this car than the movie Top Gun
2) Clean interior
3) It runs, drives, steers, and stops.
4) New shocks and struts
5) Rear sway bar
6) Decent tread left on the tires
7) 99,000 miles

Cons
Like you this car isn't perfect. Here's a list of the things that some people could consider negative.
1) Pop-up headlights always stay up but work (If you only drove it at night you would never notice this)
2) AC doesn't work (but sweating is manly and it has power windows, see next issue)
3) Windows work but are pretty slow (but I'm not sure why you would ever drive a Fiero in a hurry)
4) Transmission is challenging to shift due to narrow gates (this should really be a pro as it feels more rewarding when you finally find the right gear)
5) Tachometer doesn't work (I go by sound and feel)
6) Headliner is sagging
7) There are probably some more things I am forgetting. So, come look for yourself.

So, if you're still reading, and sick of your boring mundane life. Here's your chance to take the horns, live your life, and make it clear to everyone around you that you do what you want

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-29-2018).]

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2018 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd buy this thing just because of the ad. Too funny!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i bet it gets sold this weekend.
jon

------------------
I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun! 3800 SC swap to come!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock