Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  One or two inch Rodney drop ball joints?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
One or two inch Rodney drop ball joints? by kevin
Started on: 06-11-2018 11:25 PM
Replies: 8 (337 views)
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 06-16-2018 10:11 PM
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinClick Here to Email kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
I cannot decide? Should I get Rodney’s 2 inch or his 1 nick front end drop ball joints? Any body got pictures of the difference [before and after{? If I can see the difference, THEN it will make my decision much easier.
Cordially,
kevin

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How low do you want to be? My car would be scraping if I added them.
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Click Here to Email jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In all honesty you would drag on almost every incline decline and speed bump with a 2 inch drop. That being said forewards is bad mojo but if for some reason you wouuld have to back up over something like that bye bye bumper...
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroClick Here to Email KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless something’s changed, he only offers 1” and 1/2” lowering ball joints.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 558
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:
In all honesty you would drag on almost every incline decline and speed bump with a 2 inch drop. That being said forewards is bad mojo but if for some reason you wouuld have to back up over something like that bye bye bumper...
Even Speed Humps/Bumps built to State's or Fed standards are tough on any lower vehicle. 1" including.
"Speed Humps" are wider 10-15 feet and 3 - 4" high, the "Standard" for roads in most places in the US. Some variations but the Shape is design to last and not tear out by snow plows.
"Speed Bumps" are not standardize and at 1-3 feet wide and 2 - 6" high can break the car. Still used in parking lots and other private own areas.

I have Many of both types near me and even at normal height the "Bumps" can slam most vehicles if moving more then 1-5mph. "Humps" are less aggressive to many but even stiff suspension cars at stock clearance can rattle your teeth.

Then add driveways etc that can have problems too. Many places driveways have Curbs, Curb Cuts, etc, and raises them above public road level to cross them to enter/exit the driveway. My driveway is higher charge between levels and short distance then Speed Humps near by on the road.
Just 1 Common Example: Road crown/profile lower road at edges and curb and driveway apron must reach sidewalk level... Is like driving across a small ditch and curb to enter the driveway and often happens < ~5-6 feet. Sidewalk level is same or higher the Speed Hump at center of road.
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

And that's ignoring is illegal to lower a car in many places. Insurance Cops etc often will ignore this until you wreck.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1/2 inchers installed with Eibach springs:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-1-067217.html

An '88 GT with 1 inchers (scroll down the page):

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096592.html

One more:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050818-2-058096.html

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 06-14-2018).]

mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Click Here to Email mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is mine with 2" drop spindles, about 4" ground clearance at rubber air dam, need to slow way down for entrance ramps, and any road debris, scooped up some critters, mostly my rubber air dam takes the hit, Oh and those concrete parking stops, so yes not very practical, OK for a weekend cruiser, daily driver, no way

------------------
84SE, aero body, 4 speed and an injected 355 V8

[This message has been edited by mafv8 (edited 06-12-2018).]

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2018 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroClick Here to Email DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went with 1" and have been very happy with the look. Also did coil overs in the rear. But which ever ones you pick make sure you tack weld them in even if the feel tight when they go in, as you don't want them popping out unexpectedly.

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 06-13-2018).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2018 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTClick Here to Email CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine has the 1" drop , it's never scraped the air dam.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock