My view of the 2018 Dells run by railshot by railshot
Started on: 06-02-2018 06:16 PM
Replies: 21 (551 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 06-04-2018 11:55 AM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Met some great people today, and saw some beautiful Fieros along with that.

Unfortunately mine stayed home as I was uncomfortable driving it that distance with the dash I was delivering in the passenger seat.
HHR to the rescue again. lol

Pictures, and more to come as I convert them for PIP.

------------------
There's one in every crowd, and usually it's me.
1988 Solid roof GT!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh. That was this weekend.

I saw some familiar cars.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any engine pics of the yellow, grey and black notchie? The carb is sticking through the hood in an odd location, so curious what is going on.

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2018 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Any engine pics of the yellow, grey and black notchie? The carb is sticking through the hood in an odd location, so curious what is going on.

Sorry, those are the only two shots I took of that one.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few more pictures.

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Where is the headlamp wire harness? The motors are there but there is no harness going to the sealed beams.
Deabionni

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting some pics!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:
Where is the headlamp wire harness? The motors are there but there is no harness going to the sealed beams.

This appears to be an official pace car with the Super Duty engine. This being the case, it was intended to do a few laps around the track. GM saw no need to have working headlights for this, and were probably never installed.

I do not know this for certain, but it is a likely explanation.

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Deabionni:

Thanks for posting some pics!

No problem.
I actually enjoy going to car shows etc. and documenting them.

Sadly this may be my final Fiero event as an actual owner...…. I am finding myself having far too much difficulty getting in and out of mine.
Thinking along the lines of a Stealth R/T or 3000GT which I still really love and miss dearly.

This was my first Stealth R/T and would love to find another just like it, but a '94 and up with the headlights being in the fender, not pop ups.
This was just as much fun as my 3000GT VR4, but without the AWS and twin turbos.
I no longer have anyone to impress with acceleration, so lowering the bar so to speak.

(LOL, yes Patrick, I like the newer ones better, this was a '92 and then I had a '95 Stealth R/T which I preffered. ).

I still love my Fiero, but sometimes life, time, and age has a greater influence over our choices.
Once I am in, it is great, but getting in and then out again...… I am sure some of you can relate.

I do have the '88 up for sale or trade (not going to post it here) for a Stealth R/T or 3000GT, so moving on shall we say, and yes, I am asking way too much for it as I am still betwixed and between.
Dave
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That must be the car that Don Kraus built, eh? I've always loved that car! If I remember correctly, he sold it?

LOL, yes Patrick, I like the newer ones better, this was a '92 and then I had a '95 Stealth R/T which I preffered.

No problem, Dave. As I stated in the other thread... "Different strokes for different folks".
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

No problem, Dave. As I stated in the other thread... "Different strokes for different folks".

LOL, that is why most car companies sell more than just one model I am sure...…

Generic car!

PFF
System Bot
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Forgot to add that the car in the picture you quoted is one very beautiful example of what a Fiero could be.
I am a purist, but between this one and the Plazma, I may just be swayed from my thoughts!

It is truly a shame all of the pictures from that thread are gone.

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 06-03-2018).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Generic car!

Even as a little kid in the early 60's, I always wondered how that rear axle stayed in place!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Even as a little kid in the early 60's, I always wondered how that rear axle stayed in place!

Never really thought about it, but now you have my mind in a "figure this one out" mode!
Dino adhesive?

Alien technology?

Ah, I think I have it!
They only drove backwards!

Edit: Just looked at the front mounts, and that does not work either!

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They only drove backwards!

Then how'd the front axle stay in place?

Perhaps it was some sort of ancient hovercraft.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then how'd the front axle stay in place?

Perhaps it was some sort of ancient hovercraft.

Edited my last post, and Patrick, I love your thought process!

My mother still reminds me that when I went on a carnival ride back in the '50's, I would look at all the gears and motors instead of the pony I was on.
Twisted minds think alike...…..

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My mother still reminds me that when I went on a carnival ride back in the '50's, I would look at all the gears and motors instead of the pony I was on.
Twisted minds think alike...…..

My favorite playthings as a kid were Tinkertoy, and then Meccano. I always wanted to make and modify mechanical things. I guess we were both eventually destined to be Fiero owners! lol
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2018 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My favorite playthings as a kid were Tinkertoy, and then Meccano. I always wanted to make and modify mechanical things. I guess we were both eventually destined to be Fiero owners! lol

Lincoln logs and erector sets for me.

I can remember building a crane that would topple over if I lifted a weight too large for it, so I made a larger platform!
Good times, very good times.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2018 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Its a supercharged duke
It sticks up because its intake inlet is so high.

Owner is Steve Neyens of Iowa. The car regularly attends the Heartland Iowa Fiero show Labor day weekend.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2018 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43230 posts
Member since May 2007
Thanks for posting pics railshot.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2018 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43230 posts
Member since May 2007
I talked to the driver of the Aldino. The Aldino was brought by a person who works for the owner of the Aldino company. They have that one and a much nicer black one. They show up at the Dells every once in a while. The company is for sale and the cars are for sale.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2018 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a 32 min video by a young Fiero fan and Youtube content creator, his channel is called Garageless. He is a cool guy.

He shot it live at the 2018 DELLS RUN show.

click on the link and give him a video view.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/098295.html

(There is some profanity)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIm2HKp39Vo

He actually did miss a fairly large portion of the show in his vid.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-08-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock