Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Uhura Sulu & Checkov in the same scene with a Fiero!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Uhura Sulu & Checkov in the same scene with a Fiero! by JohnWPB
Started on: 04-16-2018 04:32 PM
Replies: 24 (552 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 04-23-2018 04:37 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With all the threads about Fiero spotting, and I have opened and read every one, I have NO clue how I could have missed this one! I am a die hard Trekie. In fact I have a book case filled with Fiero stuff, and right next to it, a book case filled with Star Trek stuff

There is no chance this has not been posted before, but this is the first I have heard of it, and was able to get a nice HD screen capture. Well as best as I can post on here, it's 1920 x 1080 so I had to cut it by half to post here. You know old school 1024 x 768 pixels

I just happened to fire up the media center, and was trying to figure out something to watch, and picked a Star Trek Movie. I must not have seen this movie in the past 7 years, before I had the Fiero or I wouild have definately noticed it! Seriously, this was an amazing find for me. Who would have thought a Fiero, Kirk Spock and McCoy all together! LOL!!!!!

Star Trek V The Voyage Home @ 00:39:45

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-16-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is awesome!

Live long and prosper.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok. Which episode?

From that image, it looks like Will Ferrell.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 04-16-2018).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Star trek IV the voyage home

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2012 Kia Forte Koup
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners
FieroNews Hoodies and T-Shirts

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No way!

That's got to be a Photoshop.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha! I forgot to post where it was from. I edited the first post with all the details.

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

No way!

That's got to be a Photoshop.

No Photoshop, here are a series of 3 images from the movie as the Fiero moves, as well as the entire away team:

Notice the red cab in the above screen shots that Kirk is about to walk in front of, Here is is as he walks in front of it from a difference camera and angle:

Mike Morris

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MorrisSend a Private Message to Mike MorrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some other cool cars in that shot as well.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wonder if in a parallel universe there are Karmann Ghia geeks getting just as excited about these scenes.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't that from the movie in which they went back in time to get a whale to continue the species?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Isn't that from the movie in which they went back in time to get a whale to continue the species?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

It was a whale of a tale.

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36401 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Seriously, this was an amazing find for me. Who would have thought a Fiero, Kirk Spock and McCoy all together! LOL!!!!!

Okay, you found the white Fiero... but you appear to have missed the orange one.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Okay, you found the white Fiero... but you appear to have missed the orange one.

No vi el fiero naranja (I didn't see the orange Fiero )
It does look like Sulu has taken a liking to it though

But, did you see the white one again in a different scene

Seems like a Fiero invasion into the Star Trek universe

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was ME!!!! I was turning from Kearny on to Columbus Ave....Not long after I bought my white 85 SE V6....I was looking for the donut shop.......Shatner yelled at me, and that's where they got the idea for the "double-dumb-azz" scene.......
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Shatner yelled at me, and that's where they got the idea for the "double-dumb-azz" scene.......

You crack me up! LOL!

Hope you are doing well. How is the knee?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But, did you see the white one again in a different scene

No, you got me there. I was too busy counting rivets around the bus door.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-17-2018).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

No, you got me there. I was too busy counting rivets around the bus door.

Fans of the old GM "Fishbowl" busses probably get just as excited about that scene!

I think this movie was filmed when Ferris Bueller's sister made a road trip out to San Francisco.
Mike Morris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MorrisSend a Private Message to Mike MorrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was filmed with out extras. Everyone else were unaware.
shemdogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol its san francisco! even if they were extras, theyd still be unaware
thats my fav star trek movie
i miss winchells

shem
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of Fiero's in that movie. Driver in the white one appears to be wearing a hoodie. And by the height of the front end he or she must have their foot to the wall. Now if that movie could of been shot in HD you could probably gotten the vin #.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shemdogg:

i miss winchells

shem

Don't worry, it's now Happy Donut. And then you go 2 doors down for the Happy Ending

By the way, the historic building on the left houses Cafe Zotrope which is Francis Ford Coppola's restaurant. Since Francis is one of my clients, I've had lunch with him many times. Very nice if anyone is in town and wants to spend their years salary on dinner

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-17-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

Lots of Fiero's in that movie. Driver in the white one appears to be wearing a hoodie. And by the height of the front end he or she must have their foot to the wall. Now if that movie could of been shot in HD you could probably gotten the vin #.

Spoon

The copy I have is 1920 x 1080 remastered from the original film and on BlueRay. I cant post the original screen shots as they are both over the size and dimensions aloud here on the forum.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The copy I have is 1920 x 1080 remastered from the original film and on BlueRay. I cant post the original screen shots as they are both over the size and dimensions aloud here on the forum.

Sure you can. Not with PIP perhaps, but it can be done. Requires a third party hosting site (I use Flickr), and the need to click on a >300kb icon.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-17-2018).]

USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the first movie I think of when people mention Fieros in movies and on TV. I can't believe it has not been discussed before.

Usually, Fiero owners are pointing out 6-inch diameter oil puddles in 10 second scenes of B-caliber movies that they have positively identified as coming from 1985 V6 4-speed oil pan gasket.

Manual windows.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock