Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Does anyone have an .svg - psd - Cad file of an automatic center console trim plate?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Does anyone have an .svg - psd - Cad file of an automatic center console trim plate? by JohnWPB
Started on: 01-29-2018 04:32 PM
Replies: 9 (401 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 06-14-2022 12:00 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As the title says, I need a scan of a trim plate for an automatic Fiero. Pretty much any format will work, as I am sure I can convert it to what I need. I only need a 2D file. I need this to cut out a vinyl decal on my dye cutter to fit precisely on the plate.

I was going to try to scan my trim plate, but the raised areas where the pleather shifter surround attach, as well as the raised area that displays [P R N D 2 1] will not let it lay flat in a scanner. I could get close, but really need a precise vector image.

This is the piece I need the vector file for:

Many thanks in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea! Us less sophisticated graphics people just do a really nice paint job

-Van
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hahaha! I was thinking about painting it, but I do not want it shiny & glossy, and I do not want it flat, as that is hard to keep clean.... I figured I would try a nice quality vinyl over the top to see how it looks. Nohing fancy, just something simple. Maybe something like this matt black

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-29-2018).]

jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The best I could do is trace a picture and scale it. I'm sure somebody has the file but they probably wouldn't want to distribute it.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figure someone out there has it, as I have seen wood overlays, aluminum overlays and such that stick onto it. To do that, you have to have a digital file to cut it out on a CNC ect.

As you said, it is just a matter if someone will share the image or not. [fingers crossed]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2018 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No One wants to play nice and share?
Don Ferrette

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2022 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don FerretteSend a Private Message to Don FerretteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is a rather old post but did anything ever come of it??
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2022 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can download a 3D plate here … for a manual tranny shifter plate but the outer dimensions are the same … may help y’a

Manual plate

Regards
Danyel

------------------

My Automoda Build Thread
Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2022 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hard part is the hump for the automatic window. It can be remade but that hump would be flat
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2022 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any idea how I posted here when I was trying to post in the "Fiero Designer" thread.....I think the computers are mad at me 'cause back in '82 I fixed computers at Atari!

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 06-14-2022).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock