Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Bought #226338 88 Fiero coupe today.. One of the last made..

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Bought #226338 88 Fiero coupe today.. One of the last made.. by Indyellowgt
Started on: 12-06-2017 10:17 AM
Replies: 9 (873 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-08-2017 01:31 PM
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Base 4cyl 5 speed car. Red(last Fieros were all red)
Major bonus it has C&C ttops. It is not a CJB Fiero, however..

Fiero 226400 would have been the last fiero to leave the plant.
401 and 402 of course we all know the twin GT's that were given away to plant employees..

I guess I'm gonna save the 'ol girl..

👍👍
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool, congrats
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw one that was something like less than 60 from the end. Unfortunately, it was in the junkyard (yes I got some good parts from it).

Speaking of which, whiere is the official "88 Database Thread"? I searched and came up with 11 pages of Archived threads, mostly new attempts to start new database threads. I want to see the "official" one, so I can review which ones I've already contributed.
06GTO

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very neat, congrats!
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very Cool Indy,

GT #226397 here. Last 5-speed Fiero. Have a CD of it coming down the production line of last ten Fieros on 8/16/1988.

Jeff
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this the one that was supposedly signed by the employees?

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 12-06-2017).]

Rn2016

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2017 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rn2016Send a Private Message to Rn2016Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice find and good catch!

I came upon a 88 coupe a couple of weeks ago for quite a good price. I hesitated a bit because it was a 4 cylinders and when I decided to check it out it was gone! I regret it. I should have gotten it. 88s in general don't seem to come by very often. Especially around here. Besides I think the suspension and everything is the same in all 88s. So if doing a swap it woudn't matter anyway. Should have gotten it!

Congratulations on yours.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2017 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all! Yeah.. It's cool.. As it turns out, this coupe has all of its vin tag stickers. Even the one that usually falls off the rear bumper under the lic tag!

Engine is blown, has a badly rusted cradle and body needs painted...
That being said, the rest of the chassis is very solid.. It was hit with the heavy-duty undercoat when new(this stuff really did work) but as I have noticed thru the years, the undercoating places never sprayed the cradle..but they all sprayed the plastic wheel-wells, lol...

I'm a little torn, as using one of my very few 'spare' 88 engine cradles is a tough call.. The Duke is an easy job as I have several here.. Both from 88's...

I will probably have to put the poor thing on the shelf til spring.. Sigh...

The '88 Database' thread is out there, I'm almost positive it has not been archived or god forbid deleted!

I wish we had concrete knowledge of when the last coupe and Formula were made.. I know all the last were bright red.. And the very last were GT's..
I guess what I was hoping for, is there is a chance this was the last 4cyl coupe made.. Perhaps the last 64 were all Formulas and GT's.. Who knows...

If anyone has this info that would be great.. I am going to reach out to John Podziemski with my Fiero's vin and see what he knows..

Anyways, happy fiero-ing

Mark
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2017 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

I saw one that was something like less than 60 from the end. Unfortunately, it was in the junkyard (yes I got some good parts from it).

Speaking of which, whiere is the official "88 Database Thread"? I searched and came up with 11 pages of Archived threads, mostly new attempts to start new database threads. I want to see the "official" one, so I can review which ones I've already contributed.

I'll send him a message and let him know about this thread.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2017 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

This one?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 12-08-2017).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock