Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  88 database guy (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
88 database guy by qwikgta
Started on: 02-16-2009 09:17 PM
Replies: 720 (24636 views)
Last post by: css9450 on 01-27-2024 03:56 PM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scratch off 10334 from the list. Black, coupe, 2.5L, auto trans, A/C, no sunroof.

Found in a junkyard in Virginia Beach today. Should be crushed in about a week.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 12-05-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88 Database Guy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info qwikgta, that's like the third victim posted this week! Do you remember the interior color on this one?

Thank You, Hope you got some goodies off it.

John
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, PM your email address to me. I have a question.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interior was gray.

Yep, got the rear brake calipers, round trim, radio suround. Going back for some rear suspension parts I couldn't get off at the time. Lots of rusted bolts. Need to bring some "blaster" and some BIG tools.

Rob
88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks qwik!

Good old 10334. I first saw it for sale in 2001 up in Clifton Park NY. I next saw it for sale in 2003 in Livingston NY. Then it was for sale in 2006 in Hudson NY. In all that time it only went from 100,000 miles to 109910 miles. Hard luck car for sure, and no wonder those bolts are rusty. If you do go back, please check for the ALDL connector sticker to see if the date code is on there. We've got the ALDL date from 10378, it would really be nice to get this car's date too.

Good Luck,

John
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, YGPM. Don't think you have added my 88 to the list yet
pswayne

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this list online somewhere? I can't remember if I gave my car's info or not. In any case, it's no. 1970, one of the earlier 88's.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going back Saturday, ill snag the date code then.

Rob
Edwin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EdwinSend a Private Message to EdwinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didnt know there was anyone collecting this.
Here's mine if u need it, a yellow formula.
Still very alive, exported to the Netherlands in 1991.
VIN 1g2pe1191jp223678
101,000 miles.
Light grey interior.
2.8 engine, automatic.
Sunroof.
AC.
Tilt.
Casette.
the original rims are 15" black.
Let me know if u need more information about it.
arte444

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gotta remember to add my car.
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't add mine when I had it, doh! Was car # 2,000 I believe.. Or 2,200.. Red coupe. Whichever it was, it was odd having a round number on the VIN. Went from NH to MA to UT I think. Don't know if I have the VIN around anymore. The owner is a member here though, so maybe he's provided the info...
PFF
System Bot
88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Xerces, you have a PM.

pswayne, no sweat, I grabbed your car's info when you posted it's info awhile back! Plus, one of these days, I'll make a meeting of the GA Fieros and I'll be looking over your car then as well!

qwik, thanks! Hope the little sticker is legible...

Edwin, this is a new car to the database, and you gave me all the info for it! Thanks alot! As you'd imagine, I'm pretty happy to get the info on a car that, except for Cliff's wonderful Forum, I'd probably never be able to get!

I guess it's been awhile since I posted a request, so he's the basic explanation of what I'm doing.

For about 10 years now, I've been trying to collect as much info on the 88 production run as possible, with the hope that someday we would have info on enough cars to make reasonably sound predictions as to production options. This info may exist somewhere or it may not, but either way, I think there is value to documenting info when it's available for posterity. Someday it may all be important, but even if it isn't (say, because the actual production build sheets for each car were saved somewhere), at least we're building a database on cars that have been scrapped or parted out. Along the way, I've meet many wonderful people who have helped me out tremendously, and to one and all, I offer my Heart Felt Thanks!

For those who might have an 88, know someone who does, or might see one in a junkyard, I'd appreciate any help you can give me in documenting the cars. Basically, I collect info on factory color options (Exterior, Interior, and Rims (GTs and Formulas (I know, Formulas should all have black rims from the factory, but do they?)), the roof type and the tranny type. Any other info is also welcome, but even if all you have is a vin number and the fact that the car is intact, that's a good starting point for the future. Any info is better than having a blank record for a car. For those that might have the center console removed, there is a sticker on the ALDL connector (unless the glue has let loose!) which has a date code and shift number on it. I also collect this info when possible, but do not believe it's tied to car production weeks anymore. Still, having the info is better than not, and maybe someday we'll be able to use it to our advantage.

People have offered to help with a website, and I do appreciate it, but intend to get one up soon. I have made that promise before, but now it's definately time to do it. Stand by on that one.

Thanks to all for reading this and your continued help.

John
J w W i l l h o f f at aol.com (no spaces in the real email addy).
88 Dread GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Dread GTSend a Private Message to 88 Dread GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 Database guy you've been PM'd

------------------
=-Eric the Dread

1988 Fiero GT 2.8L V6
2001 Grand Prix GTP SC3.8L V6

ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if you have mine, you may since it's been around here some. I don't have the VIN at the moment, but I'm posting this as a reminder to myself to give you the info.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Scratch off 10334 from the list. Black, coupe, 2.5L, auto trans, A/C, no sunroof.

Found in a junkyard in Virginia Beach today. Should be crushed in about a week.

Rob

How depressing when we start identifying them at this level when they are wiped off the face of the earth.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2009 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
went j/y today found a '88 coupe, 4cyl w/auto, it was red with gray interior.
VIN: 1G2PE11R1JPQ208596

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
week of:
10-12-87
only other number I could read was this:
6311-2

Rob
Julian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
traderguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for traderguySend a Private Message to traderguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is this about is someone collecting info just on 88 fieros?
I have one.. Dan
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:
I don't know if you have mine, you may since it's been around here some. I don't have the VIN at the moment, but I'm posting this as a reminder to myself to give you the info.

You finally have a PM, heh.
ShaddowGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShaddowGtSend a Private Message to ShaddowGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ive got 2 88's i'll get their #'s for ya.

a bit off topic but:
are the front wheel bearings still impossible to find? just curious.
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShaddowGt:

a bit off topic but:
are the front wheel bearings still impossible to find? just curious.

Rodney still sells them. $184 + 12 shipping, or $368 + 18 shipping for a pair.

http://www.rodneydickman.com/n091.html

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have PM. I will be sending info on GT later.

------------------
Why fight to be accepted by people you don't actually want to be like?

IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 was totaled, but here is the info on it.
Vin: 1G2PE11R5JP202915
2.5 Auto
cruise
A/C.
power nothing. (no sunroof, trunk light, power deck release, rear defroster, etc... )
Cassette
silver Al wheels
Red exterior
Grey interior
first registered in 02/88
Bought in 94, destroyed in 98. But, parts of it live on in my current 85.

-Dave

[This message has been edited by IFLYR22 (edited 06-01-2009).]

BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2009 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vin: 1g2pg1190jp220409
Fiero Type: GT
Exterior: Red
Interior: Gray
Roof Type: Sunroof
Tranny Type: Auto
Options: A/C, Tilt steering, Rear Defroster, Leather seats

To be Crushed Feb 2010 victim of C4C

Pondski

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PondskiSend a Private Message to PondskiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1G2PE11R7JP216816
YELLOW COUPE
5SPEED
BEECHWOOD INT
NO POWER

CRUSHED IN LOS ANGELES, CA - JAN 2010

[This message has been edited by Pondski (edited 02-26-2010).]

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If memory serves, you already have the info on CT#10, but I never gave you the numbers on the Formula I bought last December:

VIN 1G2PE1195JP219665
Formula
V6
Automatic
Gray Interior
Sunroof
Wing
Black Lace Wheels
A/C
Manual locks/mirrors
Tilt wheel

Jim
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had my 88 for ten years and have not added it! I keep meaning to, but never have my vin on hand; by the time I hit my computer after working.. moving is out of the question. lol How about a lil reminder?
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
... You might have this as I've posted it before, but a duplicate isn't necessarily a bad thing.

1g2pe11r1jp21913

88 base coupe, no options that I saw - most of the interior was already stripped out.
Beachwood (sp?) interior.
2.5L / manual
Hardtop.
Originally red, repainted white.

last I saw, it was sitting in a junk yard in Nashville - Pull-A-Part

Knowing them, it'll sit there for a long time and eventually get hauled off for scrap. Might as well say its gone now.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a white 88 GT with beechwood interior and gold wheels I see every now and again in Memphis. Next time I see it I'll get the VIN and whatever else I can from the owner. It's always parked in the same spot on nice days so it shouldn't be too hard. I believe he also has a Viper, Porsche or 2, and an Ultima GTR, but that is for another day.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 GT I bought January of '09-third owner. 120,000 miles
Vin. 1G2PG1190JP201231
Exterior: Brite Red
Interior: gray
Roof: sunroof
Transmission: automatic
Options: pw, pdl, pm, air, spoiler,visor mirror, cruise, wheel locks, 1SA-option group.
Some of the above may be standard on a GT, but are listed on the parts I.D. fender tag.
Wheels": black lace
PFF
System Bot
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 88 Formula I bought on ebay back in Aug 08. I'l get the VIN for you later this weekend.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
09 Dodge Caliber SXT

sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pondski:

1G2PE11R7JP216816
YELLOW COUPE
5SPEED
BEECHWOOD INT
NO POWER

CRUSHED IN LOS ANGELES, CA - JAN 2010

For real? It was my understanding Beechwood was not available with yellow cars.

Neil

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does an 88 Mera count for the database?
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by sspeedstreet:

For real? It was my understanding Beechwood was not available with yellow cars.

Neil

I know it was not available on the GT. It would be the first yellow car I have heard of with a beechwood interior. Pretty rare if it is legit.
flydeep

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flydeepSend a Private Message to flydeepEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vin. number
1G2PE11R1JP208386

Original red and original every thing
Iron Duke 4 Cylinder
5 Speed
Runs fantastic every day
all break components replaced with Napa parts as from the box
84,000 miles
Interior is very clean except for some sun bake in outer corners and is Gray
No rust any where ...not even around the battery or any nuts and bolts on the bottom of the car
Never hit as far as I can tell. All body panels have the GM sticker. one small dent in floor where some one put a jack improperly
Could use a paint job as the sun has bleached it out
Power windows..locks...am.fm radio .. tilt wheel....every thing stock
Owner Dave Florida
sspeedstreet

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

I know it was not available on the GT. It would be the first yellow car I have heard of with a beechwood interior. Pretty rare if it is legit.

WAS legit. We'll never know now.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88 Database Guy:

People have offered to help with a website, and I do appreciate it, but intend to get one up soon. I have made that promise before, but now it's definitely time to do it. Stand by on that one.

Any progress on the website?

------------------
1988 GT

GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have three for you. Please let me know if you already had any of them.

1G2PE11R6JP214362 (alive and in my garage)

Med. Red Metallic
Auto trans
Hard top
Beechwood cloth
A/C is only option

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1G2PG1198JP222571 (alive and in my garage)

Bright Red
Auto trans
Sunroof
Grey cloth
Black wheels
All options (except plain cloth seats)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1G2PE11R3JP219468 (in a junkyard, collision left rear)

Bright Red
Manual trans
Sunroof
Grey cloth
A/C and roof are only options

Thanks,
~Tyler
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I hear of an 88 being crushed it makes me sad. Some 88 parts are getting difficult to find. Like the steering racks off of those cars that can be rebuilt, etc. Any Fiero being crushed is sad as alot of it can be used to rebuild other Fieros.

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock