sexier outside mirrors by kgoodyear
Started on: 11-29-2017 12:37 PM
Replies: 44 (2037 views)
Last post by: kgoodyear on 01-16-2018 03:50 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2017 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I do like the stock mirrors on the Fiero, just wish they could be folded (break away).

Ha! Me too, both ways! I bruise my leg at least once a year walking too close to it in the garage
IP: Logged
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2017 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally have a durable model to convert the c5 Camaro mirror to my gt. I made it of wood and Bondo. It fits the shape of the door and the mirror almost perfectly. It is likely how ever I the adapter made it will probably going to require just a little bit of bondo. The model does not have the guts carved out though that will likely be the next step. It will also be necessary to reverse the adapter to fit the passenger side.

JMBISHOP:

Let me know if you are still interested in printing a copy of the adapter and a reversed version of the adapter for the passenger side door.

[This message has been edited by kgoodyear (edited 12-23-2017).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2017 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With your most recent pictures I can get the angle needed! I can get a rough design going, to finish I'd just need bolt location and spacing.
kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2017 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Attaching the adapter and the mirror is going to be a bit more complicated. The best way would be to bolt the mirror to the adapter and use studs to attach the adapter to the door after attaching the mirror. finding a way to accomplish this is going to be a bit tricky. I had thought, it might be easier to drill a hole for the wires through the adapter and attach them to the contacts then just glue the mirror to the adapter and glue the adapter to the door. This method, however, would make any replacement or repairs impossible. Perhaps Mr Bishop has some nifty ideas to accomplish the attachments.

This picture is the gasket of the OEM mirror and nicely shows the placement of the holes in the door.

This is the underside structure of the C5 mirror. Earlier I had removed part of this mounting thinking I could shape it to fit the door. It didn't work

This is a side view of the mount

The gasket shows the shape of the mount for the C5 mirror

Perhaps this is the most helpful. I did a rubbing of the C5 mirror then cut a hole and poked the mount through the graph paper

When I cast the Bondo between the door and the adapter, I was able to get a faint indication of where the hole is in the door for the OEM mirror

Here I try and show the alignment of the C5 with the adapter

kgoodyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2018 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I've tried several methods to mount Camaro C5 mirrors on my GT. It pains me I was not able to practically mount the mirror and not have it look like i was trying to mound a c5 mirror on an 87 Fiero. Too bad I cut the wires to the mirror. I'm going to have to reconnect the wires to the old mirror.

I really liked the mirrors V8 Archie put on the white Fiero.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock