YouTube Fiero Review --- Idiot! by RotrexFiero
Started on: 11-05-2017 05:17 PM
Replies: 19 (495 views)
Last post by: Lambo nut on 11-07-2017 01:16 PM
RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please can someone take the time respond to this Idiot.

It's a review of the Fiero, and there are so many errors in it I cant even count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmDwv9aTBAY

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The guy's in love with himself. I don't much care what he has to say... about anything.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to figure out what he said that was so wrong.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2017 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you kidding?!

He calls it an "Eighties Car". Well, it is a car manufactured in the 80's.

He mentions the side intake making a loud suction sound, but its modified with a small Holley side scoop.

The Fiero did come with a 5 speed, and he pokes fun at the car having only a four speed.

He dislikes, again pokes fun at the engines small HP, but it was quite a performer for its time.

I could go on and on, but the number of views he received in concerning since others will think he is accurate in his review.

One thing he can't refute, that particular Fiero looks hot!!! Just needs a 3800 SC.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In first few seconds he calls it a dangerous car (excellent crash test rating)
Claims it to be the most unbalanced GM car. ( 50 /50 what else they got)
He is just making crap up.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 11-06-2017).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why has not anyone posted and corrected him?

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made a comment about the 5-speed which came later that year for the V6. But since there are 905 comments, its a long way to scroll to read them all.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

I'm trying to figure out what he said that was so wrong.

I don't know how you could be a Fiero guy and not be able to spot the made up facts. This was the laziest review ever, he had very few comments that were factual(most of his valid criticism was based on what he was experiencing in a warn out antique).
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

I don't know how you could be a Fiero guy and not be able to spot the made up facts. This was the laziest review ever, he had very few comments that were factual(most of his valid criticism was based on what he was experiencing in a warn out antique).

I never said I was a Fiero guy.
The worn out antique was nothing spectacular when it was new and was never meant to be.
Any Fiero guy knows that.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your arguing a point I didn't make. The review is terrible because it was lazy with made up facts.
PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't arguing anything. Worn out or not a Fiero is still just a Fiero. Can't fix that.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Idiot! Is correct. Hard to find any American car in the 80's that came close to 250 HP and the handling that could back it up.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I gotta say, the Fiero is better, more comfortable, more reliable than ANY Italian car at the time....In fact, there was only one mid-engine car that was worth a damn at the time the Fiero came out- The BMW M1....The Lambos, the Ferraris, etc were uncomfortable, unreliable- and they cost thousands every year to maintain......The MR2 came out the second "Fiero year" and was a great little car- But don't EVER get hit in it......It would loose in a crash with a Dachshund!

Also, handling; We all like to think we "Know what we are doing behind the wheel"....But the truth is, most people would DIE in the first block driving a Ferrari or Porsche 911.....The "Balanced" handling the Mag writers talk about is way too knife-edge for most drivers.....The MR2, Ferraris and Lambos are very dangerous for the average driver, so the Fiero having more understeer made it the right car for the majority of buyers.....Read the R&T road test of the 1985 Fiero GT....They liked the handling and car.....later, they started bagging on the car- possibly after they received some "Advertising" money from Toyota.........
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need a coordinated attack. Everyone should agree to post, pointing out the errors and arrogance, not to mention the stupidity of this video.

Post something like --- This is a Fake Review full of errors about the Pontiac Fiero.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2017 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already did when it was posted in the other thread. In other videos the guy asks people to suggest a project car, chime in and tell him he owes it to us to buy a Fiero after that lazy review. I'm not suggesting he'd be obligated to do it but if you spread out the comments over more videos, he's more likely to notice.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2017 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

I never said I was a Fiero guy.
The worn out antique was nothing spectacular when it was new and was never meant to be.
Any Fiero guy knows that.

As far as 80s performance goes it is great. The fact is all cars have drastically improved. If you were prepared to spend a lot of money you could make your car out perform a lot of these newer cars. Start with a 6k+ slalom front suspension and steering rack.
The platform is there Pontiac provided the base for a good car to be built on. You don't have the platform to improve most cars.
The fiero was supposed to be a lot better. It was never designed as a commuter car it was company politics to dumb down the fiero to call it a commuter car just make it available. Pontiac only deleted the V8 to slow it down against the GM corvette.
If the ferrari 328 came with a four it would be considered crap but although similar performance it is still praised to this date.
The fiero is a great car if your prepared to build one mind you only a handful if that have ever been actually built going all out.
If you really weren't around in the 80s you won't know how crap cars really were.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2017 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have plans any time soon to put 6k plus into a 500 dollar car.
I was around in the 80's and my first car was a 70 Dodge Charger 500 with a 383 magnun. Didn't want to waste my money on any 80's car.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2017 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RotrexFiero:

Why has not anyone posted and corrected him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNdn7ODCkTc&t=
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2017 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNdn7ODCkTc&t=

This guy is verifying the downfalls listed by the original video, and making excuses for the rest.
Not really helping the case. Plus he doesn't have a headliner in his own vehicle which makes it hard to believe he know much of how to do anything let alone engine swaps.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock