What Should I Do With This? by homer6679
Started on: 09-09-2017 10:26 PM
Replies: 19 (276 views)
Last post by: CJB118 on 09-15-2017 10:37 AM
homer6679

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2017 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So last November I bought a Fiero GT without knowing that the tail light lenses were gone because I didn't really know what a Fiero was until I bought one. Anyways, I have a problem with my tail lights and I need some creative input that isn't my own. I have thought about just keeping them the way they are, getting "new" OEM lenses or waiting for a C4 corvette set to pop up. Does anybody else have some input on what I should change and or keep the same?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2017 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well if you are trying to keep the cost down then the one lights are not the answer. A real nice set is 800.00 now and you can do the tali light panel that uses the corvette lights for much cheaper

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2012 Kia Forte Koup
2017 Kia Forte S

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover
FieroNews Windshield Banners

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2017 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow did you not look At the car before you bought it?? Looks like the previous owner took the best part off the car! Lenses are worth almost the same as a complete set! 800-1000!!
homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2017 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I didn't really look at the tail lights that much when I bought it. A bonehead move when I look back but it's whatever now. The car is already going in a custom direction so I think corvette swap would be the way to go, but if I somehow made what I have on the car right now look good then that would be pretty custom.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So if I post on this thread, does it show up on the other one too?

Wow....it does. never seen that before.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 09-10-2017).]

bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This Craigslist posting may be just what you need! Note image number 2. Not mine.
https://portland.craigslist...arts/6297347852.html
homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ones in the add appear to be notchie tail lights. I'm definitely going to search Craigslist tho for sure
hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It appears the previous owner cut the lenses out along the edge. Wasn't there a member who made lens overlays that required cutting out portions of the OEM lens for about $200 or so?

Edit: on second thought it was considerably more than a couple hundred dollars and, although I didn't read the thread in its entirety, it didn't seem like it went very well.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/073560.html

[This message has been edited by hye_4_life (edited 09-11-2017).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by homer6679:

The ones in the add appear to be notchie tail lights...

And he's asking $200 for those??!!! Dreamer.

Originally posted by hye_4_life:

Wasn't there a member who made lens overlays that required cutting out portions of the OEM lens

It's best we not talk about that fiasco.
hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

It's best we not talk about that fiasco.

Yeah, I found the thread and, after reading a little into it, felt bad about bringing it back up
homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah someone did cut them, it's very very uneven. Almost like someone took an angle grinder to the lenses.
PFF
System Bot
kendell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendellSend a Private Message to kendellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At first look I wouldn't suspect the lenses are not there.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look like your screwed! I have a spare set I could sell you for a small fortune!!. Their perfect 9 out of 10

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 09-12-2017).]

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks exactly like they were prepped them for a set of replacement covers - probably that were ordered and never shipped. (I don't want to get into THAT again )

Unfortunately, these are pretty much ruined. You need new lenses, and replacement lenses (or entire taillights) are difficult to find at a decent price.

If you are thinking of going with the Corvette style panel, then go for it. I have a Corvette style panel that I need to install also, just haven't gotten around to it......maybe a project for this winter.
FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car in general looks suspect, the taillight, the rear facia is ribbed molding either a 85 gt, 86-87 se, so, then the rear clip is a fastback gt, so either the clip is correct and rear facia is not, or rear facia is correct and the upper clip is not.
homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2017 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the rear fascia is incorrect because when you take the tail lights lets say to change a bulb. You can see that the rear fascia was originally red. I have reason to believe that my car was in a little fender bender before I bought and they put a ribbed molding on it instead of a proper rear fascia. As of right now I am going to hold out for a corvette set and pull the trigger when I have enough cash money. Unless someone else has some creative ideas.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have the fix for you. Just found a set ofntaillights at the local yard they are pulling them off the car for me. No cracks or delam but the lenses might be the only good part as all the retaining screws are rusted and stripped!! Pm me if your interested. I won't charge 800 but it definitely won't be less than 400!! Somewhere in the middle might sound nice???

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 09-13-2017).]

homer6679

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for homer6679Send a Private Message to homer6679Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I love a new set, but have zero money right now lmao but I will pm you when I am ready to make a purchase, if I'm going to keep the stock look.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2017 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would venture to say that the Corvette style C4 light panels will be reissued. With the prices of original GT taillights going through the roof, a solution is inevitable. One guy attempted to make new covers and failed miserably so the panel solution seems the most logical.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2017 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a panel for sale, CL Boston, $299. LINK

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock