Started on: 03-30-2017 09:11 PM
Replies: 51 (2221 views)
Last post by: TXGOOD on 04-26-2017 02:29 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2017 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Supracoupe:

This was my 1985 Supra...

The side vent had me thinking for a split-second that it was an MR2 on steroids.

Notice the spoiler thingy over the rear window.
IP: Logged
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2017 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What was your final installation fastening method? Nice smooth looking car. That vinyl base molding you used for gasket material is very useful. I used it to make the lip spoiler on the front of my custom nose on the V8 car. Been there 8 or 9 years now. Again, Really nice car, please give us a few more full car shots.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2017 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

What was your final installation fastening method? Nice smooth looking car. That vinyl base molding you used for gasket material is very useful. I used it to make the lip spoiler on the front of my custom nose on the V8 car. Been there 8 or 9 years now. Again, Really nice car, please give us a few more full car shots.

I ended up drilling two holes on each side for 5/16" bolts.
I got some of those eyelet bolts and used construction adhesive to bond them into the bottom of the spoiler.
Then I drilled some holes in a couple of 1/2" mending plates for extra holding.
I just slid the bolts on the spoiler into the holes in the buttress and used nylon lock nuts.
It`s on there.
Here is a picture with the new bumper mounted.
I guess I will see how long I can go without getting pulled over for no front plate.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 04-15-2017).]

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that spoiler! I wonder if it would fit my Mera? You should start making these and sell them (you know with all the free time you have, ha). I love everything you have done with this car, it is just awesome!

------------------

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

I love that spoiler! I wonder if it would fit my Mera? You should start making these and sell them (you know with all the free time you have, ha). I love everything you have done with this car, it is just awesome!

The spoiler is actually made for a 308 so there ya go.
PM Sage as he is the one who makes them and could probably tell you for sure.
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

The spoiler is actually made for a 308 so there ya go.
PM Sage as he is the one who makes them and could probably tell you for sure.

Will do. Thanks!
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, that looks great!

Super job on the spoiler AND the bumper.

This is fast becoming one of my favorite Fieros...up there with Raydar's and Troyboys....there are more than a few others too, but very nice work and it definitely paid off.

HAGO!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Man, that looks great!

Super job on the spoiler AND the bumper.

This is fast becoming one of my favorite Fieros...up there with Raydar's and Troyboys....there are more than a few others too, but very nice work and it definitely paid off.

HAGO!

Thanks Sage, I really appreciate it.

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2017 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Well, I got my roof spoiler painted and installed today.
I made some vinyl gaskets out of that flexible baseboard they use in office buildings.
I didn`t want the spoiler to sit directly on the fastback clip.

LOOKS GREAT! wish list

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2017 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had Sages type spoiler on my 308. They are originally on Ferraris as an option. I just liked the look.

To attach mine, I drilled oversize holes, 2 on each base end. Then inserted a bolt head in and put fiberglass resin in the hole. Put tape around threads so none gets on them. Then drilled matching holes in the hatch panel, dropped the bolts thru and put nuts and washers on. It was a tight fit for the nuts and my fingers, but doable.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I had Sages type spoiler on my 308. They are originally on Ferraris as an option. I just liked the look.

To attach mine, I drilled oversize holes, 2 on each base end. Then inserted a bolt head in and put fiberglass resin in the hole. Put tape around threads so none gets on them. Then drilled matching holes in the hatch panel, dropped the bolts thru and put nuts and washers on. It was a tight fit for the nuts and my fingers, but doable.

Yea, Sage offered to install the bolts in the spoiler but since I wasn`t sure how it was going to fit I just had him leave it blank.
I guess the buttress on the 308 lies flatter because when I put it on the Fiero it was pointing down at the back quite a bit.
I ended up cutting the fiberglass completely out of the stands and cutting into the front of it to lie it down more where it gets close to the roof.
Originally, it had more of an opening between the bottom of the spoiler and the roof so I cut it down as much as I could without making it sit right down on the roof.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock