Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  BEWARE: KENNETH HINES TOOK MONEY, NEVER SENT GT SAILS (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
BEWARE: KENNETH HINES TOOK MONEY, NEVER SENT GT SAILS by busa_powered
Started on: 12-07-2016 09:26 PM
Replies: 53 (2576 views)
Last post by: busa_powered on 02-20-2017 09:47 PM
ITR SOL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2016 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jesus, seriously? You guys going to keep drilling the victim? He paid for an item and the seller ditched. Everyone has even said his MO is to disappear at times. Busa has a right to vent and try to look out for others. Patrick would you be starting crap if it was a different vendor? Doubt it.

Sorry that happened Busa, talk to your bank about doing a chargeback, they can do it even if Paypal won't, just provide all communications as evidence. They Should issue a provisional credit while they look into it.

[This message has been edited by ITR SOL (edited 12-09-2016).]

IP: Logged
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2016 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ITR SOL

193 posts
Member since Jun 2016
Dobey what the hell did you do or say to get your bar THAT far in the red? Is it the upside down flag thing, or was there a blowup?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITR SOL:

Patrick would you be starting crap if it was a different vendor? Doubt it.

Excuse me... "starting crap"? Give it a rest.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No desire to drill the victim, here. Busa is clearly at a loss, and no one is happy for it. We simply wish to know how it happened. A once-hailed vendor of a much needed product is under fire, albeit under shaky terms. If there is a copycat out there, he needs to be found and prosecuted. This thread reeks of scam, and a resolution will benefit future buyers of GT sail panels among other parts. I do not doubt Busa's story of loss, I simply question the perpetrator and his/her identity. In the event that Kenneth Hines is suffering an emergency, I hope he speaks up to clear the air.

[This message has been edited by viperine (edited 12-09-2016).]

ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2016 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Putting the victim on the defensive and expecting them to answer to you, somewhat insultingly by treating this as if they must not be smart enough to know who they were in communication with...? That's the kind of crap people were doing when Dean first started going south. No one could believe that such a pillar of the community was capable of that. Hell, some even acted that way when Lloyd started going south. I'm not comparing Ken to them but this group has a rich history of this type of behavior. If anyone knows Ken on a more personal level you could help by trying to reach out to him. If not, demanding that Busa somehow prove he was in fact dealing with Ken is asinine. He had a back and forth, in which I'm sure Ken answered questions only he could have answered. His business is practically non existent why would anyone chose him for identity theft instead of someone like Rodney for example?

[This message has been edited by ITR SOL (edited 12-09-2016).]

Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2016 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought that both Ken and Chris were supplying the sail panels for The Fiero Store. I'm not sure who they are currently using, but it looks like they may be Ken's panels. If they have them in stock, it might be a way for you to get "something" while you wait for an eventual refund if time is critical.

Both Ken and Chris have been around here a LONG time, but lack of communication has come up with both. I'm fairly confident you'll get your money back, but it won't be quick.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'13 G37xS Sedan (new daily driver)
'14 Yamaha FJR - 0-60 in 2.8s w/ 34MPG!!!

mcgavin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2016 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcgavinClick Here to visit mcgavin's HomePageSend a Private Message to mcgavinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I skimmed the posts here but didn't read it all. Just adding my experience to the pile. The guy responded to a hand written letter to a physical address, which looks like a home on Google, not a business or a PO box. So, scamming people with a home address probably isn't a solid get rich quick scheme. I still think he's the real deal and probably has a real medical problem as of now. If it turns out that he stops responding to me, then I'll share the home address I have later. Anyone who cares enough to do something can go do it. I'm too far away from Virginia to care about that much money to do anything beyond emails. I'm still giving him the consideration that a one man team doing me a favor deserves. I've been in his shoes trying to sell parts online to a small crowd for a car that you're only working on because you own one and it's your hobby. You still have a real job doing something else and this doesn't pay the bills. You also have a real life. If my wife were in the hospital I wouldn't be building Fiero parts. I'd probably respond to emails, but I'm not in his shoes.

"Scott" wrote: 8:54 AM (13 minutes ago)
to Kenneth
Hi Ken,

I still haven't received the windows. I still really want them. When will you ship them?

If things are rough right now with the medical issues and you can't get the time to make them, I can understand. I'm married and the wife comes before car stuff everytime. If you want to hold off on making them, I won't be offended or upset if you just refund me my money and tell me to check back with you later. You have my phone number in the letter I wrote if you want to call me and talk about this too.

Thanks again,
Scott

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 1:15 PM, "Scott" wrote:
Ken,

Thanks for the response. I hope she is doing well. I'll be patient.

Scott

On Nov 12, 2016 12:41 PM, "Kenneth Hines" <kahines1965@gmail.com> wrote:
Scott,

I have a medical emergency with my wife and just returned home yesterday. I will get them shipped out to you Monday.

On Nov 3, 2016 10:41 AM, "Scott" wrote:
Hi Kenneth,

How are the sails coming? Just wondering if you have a better idea when they will be shipped.

Thanks,
Scott

On Oct 16, 2016 10:32 PM, "Scott" wrote:
Kenneth,

It's no problem. The car is still at the painter's for at least a week and I probably won't drive it much or at all before putting it into storage for the winter. Take all the time you need to make good parts.

Thanks,
Scott

On Oct 16, 2016 9:32 PM, "Kenneth Hines" <kahines1965@gmail.com> wrote:
Scott,

I made a mistake and have 2 sets of clear windows, not tinted. I will get more tinted plastic tomorrow if they have it in stock or it will take 2 days if they have to get it from their warehouse. Either way they will ship Tuesday ot Thursday.

Sorry for the delay.

Kenneth
On Oct 15, 2016 4:10 PM, "Kenneth Hines" <kahines1965@gmail.com> wrote:
Scott,

Received your letter. I still make the windows a couple of times a year. I have a couple of tinted sets in inventory. They are boxed up and sold only in pairs. I can sell you a set shipped to you for $115. They could ship out to you on Monday. You can send payment through PayPal to kahines1965@gmail.com

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Kenneth
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2016 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the product has not been delivered on time as promised, money should have been immediately refunded. Sad stories (whether true or not) should not prevent a vendor from taking 5 minutes to refund money if the product has not been delivered. Whether someone is a nice guy or delivered parts on time in the past is not relevant to a current transaction.
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2016 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ken's phone number is or was 336-732-0061 ext 117.
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2017 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still nothing from the scammer KENNETH HINES

BEWARE!
ITR SOL

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2017 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITR SOLSend a Private Message to ITR SOLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

Still nothing from the scammer KENNETH HINES

BEWARE!

Did you try calling the number posted above?
PFF
System Bot
mcgavin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2017 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcgavinClick Here to visit mcgavin's HomePageSend a Private Message to mcgavinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still no panels. Email I sent today:

Hi Ken,

I'm assuming you aren't shipping the panels anymore and consider my money stolen. Hopefully, reading an email from someone writing calmly and clearly describing with sound reasoning that they consider you a thief will inspire you to refund me my money. I partially blame myself for not reading more about all your bad reviews, which are easy to come by on the forum. I've shared my story on the forum here:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/079007-3.html#p101

If you refund me my money, I will update the thread to let everyone know that you did at least that much. Today I ordered another set of panels from fierofiberglass.com.

-Scott

Jim from fierofiberglass.com was very nice to talk to and I look forward to installing his product on my car. If I get panels from Ken I'll probably just relist them on the forum. Oh well.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2017 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered mine from Cook of ebay came as ordered, perfect!
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2017 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

I ordered mine from Cook of ebay came as ordered, perfect!

That helps me out a lot, thanks
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock