New Green tint & Grey Tint Door Glasses by prosource
Started on: 11-29-2016 10:53 PM
Replies: 12 (585 views)
Last post by: JJFieroFan on 03-04-2017 06:10 PM
prosource

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2016 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[b][/b] We still have plenty of sets of the factory green tint door glasses and a couple of pair of the grey tint ones still here. Prices are still the same whilei inventory lasts, not sure what will happen next time we order from the factory. Anyone in New England can pick up and save on freight.
Best and quickest response: info@prosourceglassintl.com
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2016 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent a private message to you.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2016 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to chime in and say....

I spoke with Richard on the phone a couple weeks ago, and purchased an OEM sunroof glass from him. He called me back after hours, on a Friday night, and on a Holiday on top of that! He is professional, and a very good person to deal with!
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-01-2016 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was gonna wait until next year to order a set, but I might jump in & buy a set if it's on sale.

Which tint is the most popular? Green or Grey?

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 12-01-2016).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Green is said to look factory, Grey , well a little grayer.
Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2016 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Green is said to look factory, Grey , well a little grayer.

But of course!

I plan on buying Chris Cook's tinted sail panels. I think grey side window looks better with it. But I'm a bit concerned about being able to see at night. Hmm

I'm trying to find pics of other fastbacks with grey windows along with tinted sail panels. What about Yellowstone? If I'm correct, his door windows are green tint? But it looks darker. Hmm

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 12-02-2016).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2016 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neither are really dark at all, think factory car tint, its more just a little UV protection. Someone looking at the car wouldn't even think they had any extra tint. Side by side the gray would be only slightly darker.

Here is an old thread about them, (prices may not be the same anymore)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095247.html

He says "about 3-% tint coefficient".

Info about tint in general:
"Window tint darkness is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). For example, 20% darkness means that 20% of the light is let thru while the remaining 80% is blocked by the tint."

So he is saying 97% of light can pass thru these.

Window tint legality by state:
http://tintlaws.com/

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-02-2016).]

prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the positive feedback. The grey is legal in all states as they make tint that dark on newest vehicles stock from factory. i don't think you will see any darker green tint anyway. These are all US made .
We are getting more grey tint in 10 days. We ran out of 1 side afer fullfilling the orders. Thanks to all. Happy Holidays!
Richard
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've actually been looking for a brown /medium-light to match the Car & Concepts T-Tops that are on the car.. But everywhere I go it's a hit or miss.. I would think this is my only option thought..... Of course, the places don't have it in stock and would have to order/pay and get stuck with regardless..?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Original Fiero door glass is almost non existent now. You can find a piece that may be laying around in a warehouse, but even that is pretty unlikely. This is why Pro Source manufactured new glass for the Fiero.

I 99% doubt you will ever find anything even remotely tinted in brown. Your best bet is to go with the grey, and have a shop, or yourself, add a very light tint to it.

PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2016 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would really like a set of these but I am guessing postage to the UK is going to be an expensive operation?
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2016 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Original Fiero door glass is almost non existent now. You can find a piece that may be laying around in a warehouse, but even that is pretty unlikely. This is why Pro Source manufactured new glass for the Fiero.

I 99% doubt you will ever find anything even remotely tinted in brown. Your best bet is to go with the grey, and have a shop, or yourself, add a very light tint to it.

FYI I have recently found a large national glass supplier now offering Fiero glass in the same colors and even will date code and mark them with the proper LOF codes. I will not link it here since Pro Source got there first. Odds are the glass may be coming from the same place.

You are correct on matching as it was never made. Someone may be able to add a tinted film that is close.

Also I did not want to give out the web site for the supplier as they have an issue on their web site that sets off a lot of security alerts. My company is trying to get this sorted out with them now. Last thing we need is more spybots.

I used Pro Source and it is good glass and a decent price. As a show judge I would recommend anyone wanting to show a car to replace their glass. Too many people will spend a ton of money restoring a car and leave the scared glass in the car. They die when we make them roll up the windows at some events.

JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2017 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock