Fiero Glass Of Interest Again? by prosource
Started on: 03-14-2015 07:31 PM
Replies: 35 (1411 views)
Last post by: prosource on 08-14-2016 03:59 PM
prosource

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple of questions as it turns to Spring and we are involved in several projects. Is there sufficient demand/ interest for more of the grey tint Fiero door glasses as in the past? It has been more than a year since we have offered the grey tint. The factory green tint are available in limited supply @ $160 ea, same as 2014 pricing. Please send me a pm at info@prosourceglassintl.com if you need or would want some in the coming months and I will look into turnaround time. We sold out of over 25 sets of the grey tint and many more of the green tint and I thank you all.

Second question:is there sufficient interest/d emand for roof glasses to be remanufactured? We would need at least 25 orders to even make it possible. i have no pricing, possible production or turnaround time. I know some folks have asked by phone and email how hard it is to come by so i would explore. I would need to know what brand of glass on the original and if needed for a sample if someone would offer a used one in turn for a new one at no charge if we go that route.
It is best to email at above or during the week call 877-345-2800. if I am unavailable please leave me a message at ext 100 and I will get back to you as soon as possible. We receive hundreds of emails from our everday glass industry customers so sometimes these projects become secondary but the goal is to get it done in a timely manner.

I read part of the thread on the GT quarter windows and was thinking that should be able to be produced reasonably and correct fit but that is of interest possibly down the road. Thanks for your support. Our family has been in the automotive glass industry since 1953 so we only survive by doing it right.[b][/b]
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glass Quarter Windows would be amazing, If you can shape them right.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2015 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prosource:
I read part of the thread on the GT quarter windows and was thinking that should be able to be produced reasonably and correct fit but that is of interest possibly down the road. Thanks for your support. Our family has been in the automotive glass industry since 1953 so we only survive by doing it right.[b][/b]

Would these be made with glass or the same original polycarbonate material? Would they also have the same type of original printing for the dot matrix portion of the quarter windows?
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Prosource for the update on info regarding another run of fiero door windows and now possible sunroof glass.

One challenge is the GT quarter windows...would you have the expertise with the type of plastic used for these windows?

I am willing / interested in supplying a used OEM factory GT window for R&D sample in exchange for a new GT window if
successful. I have the passenger side.

Thanks for the interest towards the fiero and support for the source of glass.

------------------

fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

fierogt28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogt28

2937 posts
Member since Feb 2005

[This message has been edited by fierogt28 (edited 03-14-2015).]

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm can't currently afford new door glass for my Fieros but I love that they are now available. Both of my cars could use new glass.

Does anyone have any pictures of the grey tint, or know how dark it is?
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Thanks Prosource for the update on info regarding another run of fiero door windows and now possible sunroof glass.

One challenge is the GT quarter windows...would you have the expertise with the type of plastic used for these windows?

I am willing / interested in supplying a used OEM factory GT window for R&D sample in exchange for a new GT window if
successful. I have the passenger side.

Thanks for the interest towards the fiero and support for the source of glass.

I really was more interested in the door glasses at the moment and possibly roof glass, but if there is a need for the quarter windows too right away i could put some work towards it. Corwct but I am assuming we are talking 2 different things. I was looking at the glass windows found on the GT modeld right? VS the polycarbonate plastic pieces found on he other models? I stay away from the plastic. If it is the glass windows with a small curve, I need to know some particulars before accepting the sample used. Who made the window originally so i can see if tooling exists and confirming they are curved. As for the dot matrix, tempered glass it woul have to be done the same as OEM as long as they have the original specs. Is here demand for 25 sets of the GT quarterer glasses? Let me know and I can try to get some info first before pursuing. Thanks RIchard

prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

prosource

105 posts
Member since Apr 2012

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

I'm can't currently afford new door glass for my Fieros but I love that they are now available. Both of my cars could use new glass.

Does anyone have any pictures of the grey tint, or know how dark it is?

If you email at info@prosourceglassintl.com, I can send you an attachment of pictures i have on file of the actual ones we had. I think it is about 3-% tint coefficient, not real dark but a nice grey tint. By law since it is a fron tdoor glass they cannot be much darker, the factory would not produce as they know the appllication.
fierogt28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prosource:

I really was more interested in the door glasses at the moment and possibly roof glass, but if there is a need for the quarter windows too right away i could put some work towards it. Corwct but I am assuming we are talking 2 different things. I was looking at the glass windows found on the GT modeld right? VS the polycarbonate plastic pieces found on he other models? I stay away from the plastic. If it is the glass windows with a small curve, I need to know some particulars before accepting the sample used. Who made the window originally so i can see if tooling exists and confirming they are curved. As for the dot matrix, tempered glass it woul have to be done the same as OEM as long as they have the original specs. Is here demand for 25 sets of the GT quarterer glasses? Let me know and I can try to get some info first before pursuing. Thanks RIchard

Thanks for the response Richard. Yeah, those windows are marked with a white sticker on each GT quarter window. Its says LexaMar Corp.
Some member in another thread stated the same findings, and name I searched online. Looks like this company is still listed as a public company based
in Michigan supplying the automotive sector.

Here is the address.

Lexamar Corporation
100 Lexamar Drive Boyne City, MI 49712
Phone: (231) 582-3163

These are the for the 86-88 Fiero GT "fastback" quarter windows behind the glass windows your are currently reproducing. (just not so we get mixed up)
I'd be happy to send you an e-mail with a furnished picture of exactly the quarter window I am talking about.
This quarter window is likely the most wanted part that fiero owners are craving for to be reproduced, including myself.
Nobody has been able to complete the project to supply many thousands of fiero owners in need of replacement. The curve of these quarter windows
need to be strictly respected due to the fiero's body shape. That's why they are curved. A strait window doesn't cut the cake.
Some folks say they have a green tint, but I can't confirm that. They look clear to me...but I will check back to see.

I am interested in purchasing 2 pairs of door windows in the near future, and that would be shipped to Canada. I will call in directly and speak
with you upon order.

Thanks for your input.
------------------

fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.

[This message has been edited by fierogt28 (edited 03-14-2015).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the grey tinted windows I bought last year, thank you. I have factory green tint on one car & the grey tint on the other, I like the grey tint better.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2015 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to be clear since your question was not answered directly, the GT rear quarter windows on the fastback body were made of plastic.
There are some "decent" copies available, but none are really spectacular.

I might be interested in a set of gray windows, but not right now. Have too many projects going on.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-14-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about door glass for the chop top?
LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even if Prosource can not make the GT fastback windows in poly, but could in glass I would think a lot of people would be on board. Might be a few pounds heavier, but I would think it would be more scratch resistant and wouldn't crack after years of being out in the sun like the poly ones. I'd be a tad bit worried about mounting and them staying in place going down the road though. Count me interested if you plan on making any of these with the correct for matrix and curves whether they are glass or poly.
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just finally got my grey tinted windows installed this past week. What a huge difference! No more widow scratches and replaced the slow motors as well. Add the new dew wipes and inner felt pads and the windows are like new. I'd strongly suggest the grey tint over the green. Matches nice with the black sail panels! Very happy and the containers say pinkerton, who if you call directly want over $300 for each glass! Would definitely recommend getting a pair of new glass from prosource even if you aren't ready to put them in yet. Took me almost a year to get them in, but you can't beat being able to look out your side windows and it doesn't even look like there is glass in the way...NICE! 100% satisfied!

------------------
My Fiero...

88 Yellow formula CJB #182 of 1252

Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We may be able to mount the glass quarter windows like the brackets are mounted on the sunroof. Someone could more then likely make up new mounts for it or maybe use some of the special sunroof bolts and nuts.

I think it would be a step up to have glass quarter windows, especially if we have a source to buy them from.
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riddick85:

We may be able to mount the glass quarter windows like the brackets are mounted on the sunroof. Someone could more then likely make up new mounts for it or maybe use some of the special sunroof bolts and nuts.

I think it would be a step up to have glass quarter windows, especially if we have a source to buy them from.

Hi:
thanks to all for the correspondence. It becomes overwhelming when we try to do too much at once. I appreciate the info and input.
First off, we are going to try to get the grey tint door glasses remanufactured within the next 3-4 months so folks can plan accordingly and some can save funds just in time for summer. i will update you regarding the confirmation. As for the roof glasses if anyone wants to send me some info and realistically if there is a demand we might look into with the manufacturers.
No way on the chopped door glasses by us. We are not geared for making the tooling but I can suggest a company, Alan Auto Glass that does a lot of custom work for the tv/ movie industry. He can make the tooling and door glasses out of laminated so they can be cut down to the size needed. It is not cheap I am sure but if there is sufficient demand for a few sets it will bring the price down. Lee, the owner can be reached (in Burbank, CA) at tel 818-845-7300 or see below correspondence that transpired yesterday.
Thanks,
Richard

We have a tool for DW 1013 and can make these any size. We would slump to stock size and trim to needed size. Doors are another story. We would need to make 2 tools for R&L doors. Make to stock size and trim to needed size. Then make lower channels to accommodate mounting to stock hardware. Lot of work in this. We are doing 05 infinity doors for a project in Canada , Q35 2door. Will send pics to show what we are doing. Lee

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 14, 2015, at 7:18 PM, Info <info@prosourceglassintl.com> wrote:
I cannot imagine it would be worthwhile to do so economically for the few needed. If money is not a big issue, contact Lee at Alan Auto Glass in Burbank CA. He can make a laminated version which can be cut down from an original door glass. His email is AAAGLASSS@aol.com. I have copied him on this . The Glass Part#’s are DD6717 and DD6718.
Thanks,
Richard

ProSource Glass international
Toll Free 877-345-2800 US & Canada
978-975-5400
978-790-4657 Cell
www.prosourceglassintl.com

Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:16 PM
To: info@prosourceglassintl.com
Subject: Chop top glass for the Fiero

Would you be interested in making glass for chopped Fiero?

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Richard....E-Mail sent...need a set of Green for the 88 "ReMera".
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Richard....E-Mail sent...need a set of Green for the 88 "ReMera".

It has been a while no problem, just saw this and sending a PayPal, good timing. We are sending out a pair this week to FL . Thanks Jim

Richard
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2015 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Richard...payment sent!
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Thanks Richard...payment sent!

Thanks for prompt payment, will send confirmation processed invoice in am. Richard

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ Richard: Yea, a few things got muddled in this thread, so it is hard to pick / read between the lines.

Hopefully this will clear up a few things:

First, as mentioned, the Quarter windows on the GT are indeed plastic. even to make them out of glass, it would take a significant bit of time, effort and tooling. They are an odd shape, and have a distinct curve from front to back, and top to bottom, that varies as the window progresses towards the rear. For instance, the top to bottom curve at the back of the window is far less than at the front. That said, I think there could be a very good market for these. Right now there are no perfect solutions for us.

Unfortunately it must also be said that with this community, commitment is difficult to say the least. Sorry to say, but it is 100% true, and given an hour could produce links to countless threads proving it. If you get 100 people saying they will purchase glass quarter windows if you make them, maybe 10 will actually step up to buy them after you make a huge investment to produce them. About the only way or you to make this would would be a group buy, paying up front in some sort of escrow account, you make the windows and ship to fulfill the commitment. If you are unable to make the windows, a full refund would be in order. That way you have the full commitment and payment up front to cover the initial run.

As for sunroof glass, I do not see that big of a need for it personally. They are "static" and do not get scratched with the up and down movement on the guides and such. My sunroof glass for instance is original (29 years old), and all I had to do to make it look brand new was a high speed buffer with some polishing compound, and new hardware all around from the Fiero Store.

As for the door glass, thank you for filling a huge need in this community. On top of that, offering 2 variations. Thank you!

PFF
System Bot
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

@ Richard: Yea, a few things got muddled in this thread, so it is hard to pick / read between the lines.

Hopefully this will clear up a few things:

First, as mentioned, the Quarter windows on the GT are indeed plastic. even to make them out of glass, it would take a significant bit of time, effort and tooling. They are an odd shape, and have a distinct curve from front to back, and top to bottom, that varies as the window progresses towards the rear. For instance, the top to bottom curve at the back of the window is far less than at the front. That said, I think there could be a very good market for these. Right now there are no perfect solutions for us.

Unfortunately it must also be said that with this community, commitment is difficult to say the least. Sorry to say, but it is 100% true, and given an hour could produce links to countless threads proving it. If you get 100 people saying they will purchase glass quarter windows if you make them, maybe 10 will actually step up to buy them after you make a huge investment to produce them. About the only way or you to make this would would be a group buy, paying up front in some sort of escrow account, you make the windows and ship to fulfill the commitment. If you are unable to make the windows, a full refund would be in order. That way you have the full commitment and payment up front to cover the initial run.

As for sunroof glass, I do not see that big of a need for it personally. They are "static" and do not get scratched with the up and down movement on the guides and such. My sunroof glass for instance is original (29 years old), and all I had to do to make it look brand new was a high speed buffer with some polishing compound, and new hardware all around from the Fiero Store.

As for the door glass, thank you for filling a huge need in this community. On top of that, offering 2 variations. Thank you!

Many thanks for all the info and condensed in form. I actually did not realize that the rear quarters were plastic, I always thought the GT had rear quarter windows. I know I have seen a few GT's over the years but it has been a while. The Fiero community has been real good although it takes a while for enough folks to actually step up but in the long run over the course over the last 2 years we did quite a few sales. For smaller margins to make it worthwhile for us it would need to be sold and turned over a little faster. Let me see what we are going to do with the info, possible sample and so on for the plastic/ glass rears.
I appreciate the fast responses and see what we will do very soon.
Richard

LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What John says is true, however with your reputation if you were to make a GT quarter window to the correct curves with the quality you put into your other parts, I would be willing to put a down payment on them if it was needed (I'd expect payment to be returned if you didn't make them). I'm sure there is enough demand where others would do this as well.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

I love the grey tinted windows I bought last year, thank you. I have factory green tint on one car & the grey tint on the other, I like the grey tint better.

Originally posted by zefferk:

I just finally got my grey tinted windows installed this past week.

Pics please
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Off topic a bit ... but could you do glass that can take the heat for a "Ski times" type rear deck window

That would fetch some sales...Hell I would send you a rear decklid for you to mock it up on..

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently (finally) finished installing my OEM tint glass that I bought in December and more than happy with the glass as supplied - no more scratched side windows and would recommend them.

I am not sure if there would be a lot of demand for the roof glass though - even in my area those seem to be some what easy enough to find (never mind down in the US).

The Lexan GT 1/4 windows, I would be all over those if a quality repro was made, doesn't hurt to have spares of those.
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LaFierte:

What John says is true, however with your reputation if you were to make a GT quarter window to the correct curves with the quality you put into your other parts, I would be willing to put a down payment on them if it was needed (I'd expect payment to be returned if you didn't make them). I'm sure there is enough demand where others would do this as well.

Agreed. Maybe run it on Kickstarter to see if enough people buy in to make it work financially.

One thing about glass though: It would change the forces on the window and the tape that holds in in place. It's one thing to use tape to hold a 10 ounce piece of Lexan in place. It's another to use it to hold a three pound (breakable) piece of glass in place.
LaFierte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LaFierteSend a Private Message to LaFierteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We could always try the butyl urethane caulking we use on our windshields. Someone used that to put the lean ones back into my GT after having it painted. When I went to replace them with a reproduction one I got tired of trying to cut the cracked delaminated sails out so I tried kicking them out. Long story short, had to go back to cutting because they didn't budge. So we could try that, and I'm sure we could figure out a clip system as well. Glass would likely hold up better if retained properly.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:

One thing about glass though: It would change the forces on the window and the tape that holds in in place. It's one thing to use tape to hold a 10 ounce piece of Lexan in place. It's another to use it to hold a three pound (breakable) piece of glass in place.

Couldnt we use the same wiondow sealer they use on windshields?
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe. But (although I'm no expert) I expect that the wind load on the sail panels is different than the windshield- the force from air rolling off the roof could create a force that tries to push them out, which does not happen with the windshield.
fierogt28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Pics please

I second this all the way.

We talk about this for weeks, and no detailed installed pics. C'mon guys, photographs please.

------------------

fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.

PFF
System Bot
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in the GT quarter windows also.. But in the exact replacement of OEM and the dot matrix with the exact measurements of stock and not warped with the curves of the plastic... GT logo in exact......well, you get the picture... Sorry to be so demanding but I think I could say for all.. That's why we hold out. I wish someone on this forum actually worked at the quarter window factory location... So they can explain how to mold a curviture in the plastic and have the dot matrix not warp during the process of making them. Or maybe we're just overthinking this... There's a Fiero member on here, pokeyfiero, that has already produced a CNC mold for the windows with the correct size and curve... There's a picture of the first run on page 4 in the link below.. But need to figure out the correct printing method. Here's the link to his thread.. The windows look great! I think. Prosource, Maybe you can partner up with him and get these going..? Thanks for helping us in all that you do

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071955.html

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 03-20-2015).]

prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2015 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is all interesting, a bit too much at the moment but will revisit in the coming weeks (after tax season/ Spring etc). I will keep all posted Thanks for the info..
Samuraijack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2016 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SamuraijackSend a Private Message to SamuraijackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced my gt quarter panels a few years ago. It was shocking my local gm dealer had them in Stock on the shelf. They said they were the last set

I used urethane but because it's so strong the forces ended up cracking them

Now I have the aftermarket tinted ones amd installed with the tape, a few years now and they are still perfect.

I need to get door glass shipped to Canada hopefully I can find an inexpensive way to ship...
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2016 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I just quoted last eve to Sask for the grey tint.. $88 and change to Canada. Of course if you have a US address of a friend/ relative it would save you at least $30-40 freight and the brokerage fees.. something to think of. Richard
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2016 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you trackibng info, door glasses grey tint are on its way. You will have on Thursday. Thanks again!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock