Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  V6 intake plenum spacers: should I make them? If so, HELP! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
V6 intake plenum spacers: should I make them? If so, HELP! by fieromadman
Started on: 11-03-2016 07:57 PM
Replies: 58 (1561 views)
Last post by: shemdogg on 05-09-2017 11:41 PM
fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well either way, block of plates or spacer cost would be about the same. Perhaps I can offer both. They would most likely be plasma cut, nothing fancy. I was hoping to not have to mfg any new vacuum lines.
IP: Logged
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's also a bent steel tube from the throttle body to the lower intake manifold. This is for the idle air.

There's also the brake booster vacuum line which is bolted to the middle manifold, but makes its way up to the plenum.

In order to keep the scope of this project reasonable, you could just offer the spacers and then let customers deal with all the "small issues".
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

In order to keep the scope of this project reasonable, you could just offer the spacers...

Perhaps the spacers and the correct length replacement bolts... but make it clear in discussion what else might need to be attended to.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In light of the vacuum lines and other various things that might need to be modified in order to make these work I think I'm going to offer them in the .625" variety. I think that you might get enough flex out of the IAC tube and all the other vacuum lines to not have to come up with an aftermarket solution.

I will still make a spacer (.625" thick also) for the EGR tube because those are fragile enough to begin with. I may offer block off plates also as a off-road/track package.

I think I may make some spacers that just say Fiero, Formula, Fiero GT, Fiero H.O. V6 and some that say nothing at all.

I would like to make them thicker for those of you who wanted that but the truth is that it's going to be a lot of headache to get them installed like that.

Do you folks want them with the gaskets or without?

My original plan was to have it all inclusive making it easiest on you all: Spacers, bolts, gaskets, EGR spacer, and gaskets and bolts for the EGR spacer.

In other news, I've lost touch with all the Fiero owners that I used to know in the SE Wisconsin area. Anyone have a V6 car in the area that would let me use it to test? P.M. me for details! Also, anyone know where firefox is at? (the member not the browser!)

------------------
***SOLD***

180* t-stat, cams, 96-97 intake swap, FFP pulley, A/C Idler, P/S idler, ported exhaust mani's, ported lower intake, sheet metal upper intake, 3" Flowmaster exhaust, EGR delete, K&N filter, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, 66# Injectors, T-62 Turbonetics T3/4, Haltech E6K, Liquid-Air intercooled, Synapse Wastegate.

DandRauto

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2016 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would order the .625 spacer with gaskets and bolts so I would not need to source these. Engraving of Fiero or Fiero H.O. would be my vote.

Dick C.

[This message has been edited by DandRauto (edited 11-11-2016).]

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too I'm ready to buy!! Will be replacing my vacuum lines with SS lines this winter so getting these at the same time would be perfect!!
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2016 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DandRauto:

I would order the .625 spacer with gaskets and bolts so I would not need to source these. Engraving of Fiero or Fiero H.O. would be my vote.

Dick C.

It's fair to say you want the spacer and gaskets to make the egr work too?
DandRauto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

It's fair to say you want the spacer and gaskets to make the egr work too?

No, mine is removed. But I know others will need that option.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually was hoping for taller ones, but admit I don't know exactly what would need work /extended to install. I may end up watching and hoping people post install pics and details.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2.5, you may be able to get 2 sets, and then stack them....Obviously, you would need longer bolts and two more gaskets......At 5/8" high the 2 together would add up to 1.25" plus an added 1/16" for the added gaskets.

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 11-14-2016).]

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not ruling out a taller set at some point in the future but it would seem that these would be far less hassle to install and therefore i think I have a bigger audience for these. I'm still going to be making these. As soon as the development goes further (car required!) I'll let you guys know.

Thanks!
Jeff Depies

------------------
***SOLD***

180* t-stat, cams, 96-97 intake swap, FFP pulley, A/C Idler, P/S idler, ported exhaust mani's, ported lower intake, sheet metal upper intake, 3" Flowmaster exhaust, EGR delete, K&N filter, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, 66# Injectors, T-62 Turbonetics T3/4, Haltech E6K, Liquid-Air intercooled, Synapse Wastegate.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(car required!)

I wish I could help you out there, but 300 miles is a bit of a gap.

------------------
Past:
1988 base coupe sold
1984 base coupe rust
Present:
1986 SE 2m6

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

you may be able to get 2 sets, and then stack them...

Now that would start being a little pricey.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2016 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Now that would start being a little pricey.

As with any advertisement, the number of words increases the cost. But whomever tries this can be much more creative with what it says, stacked! Suddenly, decklids might start sporting shaker scoops of the trans am variety.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2016 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased an upper intake manifold to develop these off of and I have an 88 formula lined up to test fit them on. Waiting on the manifold so I can develop the final model and then test fit on said car.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I purchased an upper intake manifold to develop these off of and I have an 88 formula lined up to test fit them on. Waiting on the manifold so I can develop the final model and then test fit on said car.

BUMP to the TOP!..... What's going on with this?.... Any progress on the design/fitting?
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I'm waiting too
DandRauto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DandRautoSend a Private Message to DandRautoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still interested too.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If somebody can make a CAD file of them I could make them at my buddies shop where I make jetski parts. He just got a cnc and a laser cutter. The lasers expensive to run so hed prolly cnc them.

shem
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock