Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  T-top guys, has anyone purchased these T-top endcaps?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
T-top guys, has anyone purchased these T-top endcaps? by railshot
Started on: 09-25-2016 08:39 AM
Replies: 8 (381 views)
Last post by: railshot on 09-27-2016 07:44 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need / want a new set, and found these while searching.

http://camelhmpz.com/Fiero-Parts.php

Mine are worn oblong at the hole where the latch that pulls the top down tight goes into the endcap.

It will not pull down the top glass quite enough to seal 100% between the door gasket and the top gasket.
I have no more adjustment left to tighten it more, so need new endcaps.
All else is good with that one exception.

I did not see a contact email to ask a couple of questions, so I am hoping someone here has had experience with them for feedback.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That pricing appears to be on the steep side of what I would expect but there is a need and the market may be there for this product.

Nelson
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

That pricing appears to be on the steep side of what I would expect but there is a need and the market may be there for this product.

Nelson

Thanks Nelson, I am more than likely going to order these, but was wondering about the durability of them.
I would love to hear from someone that had them installed and used for a while.

I do have a plastics background, and know that Delirin (Acetal, vs HDPE) is a huge difference in longeveity and wear.

Delrin is made to take the abuse and friction, but HDPE or ABS is not that conducive to wear and stress.
I am actually thinking of designing a Delrin (Acetal) bushing to insert into the hole opposite of the end cap.
I will report back if I find any issues, as I am going to order them soon.....
Need to talk with my toolmaker tomorrow, he may have some other ideas.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Order and installed a set into my ReMera...clean and solid hardware replacement!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Order and installed a set into my ReMera...clean and solid hardware replacement!

Thanks TXOPIE, I feel better ordering now knowing that!
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Thanks Nelson, I am more than likely going to order these, but was wondering about the durability of them.

I do have a plastics background, and know that Delirin (Acetal, vs HDPE) is a huge difference in longeveity and wear.

Delrin is made to take the abuse and friction, but HDPE or ABS is not that conducive to wear and stress.
I am actually thinking of designing a Delrin (Acetal) bushing to insert into the hole opposite of the end cap.

Check with Smart Axle on PFF and see if he has any more end caps left. I purchased a set from him a few years back and remember getting a decent price. Maybe that is why I have two new sets of end caps in my storage area.

Nelson
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2016 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

I have often wished that someone would make these with some kind of reinforcement in the cap.

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2016 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave if you get a set let me check them out as I am in the need as well.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2016 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Dave if you get a set let me check them out as I am in the need as well.

Will do Tom...... PM sent also.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock