Started on: 07-02-2016 12:17 AM
Replies: 12 (651 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 07-03-2016 10:00 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just ran across this on eBay. Anyone know what this is? It was made for the Fiero and that it is made from all Aluminum. It has illustrations, and mentions the Fiero specifically in the images of the instructions. I never heard of an aluminum spoiler specifically or the Fiero before I saw this.....

It has to be lighter than the stock GT spoilers.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-03-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Anyone know what this is?

Well, I guess it's exactly what it says it is... a spoiler for use on Fieros with a decklid luggage rack.

I believe it's being referred to in This thread.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's interesting because I believe that was a spoiler for the 82 Trans Am. It too has the 3 piece design with the plastic end caps and looks identical. They must have just changed the wingstands for the Fiero.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was gonna say... Looks like a Firebird spoiler.
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might be surprised at how heavy that spoiler is. I was.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see that most people could figure out what was being asked

My first thoughts were Firebird as well... I do not think it is a "NOS PONTIAC GENUINE GM REAR SPOILER KIT FOR A FIERO" as it is being advertised as. I was curious what others may know about any details of it ect.

I would like to see one on a Fiero, as I think it would look a little more "edgy" (NOT "Ricey") than the stock Fiberglass ones.

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a Trans Am spoiler on my Fiero, it's fiberglass, and pretty heavy.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2016 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 t/a spoiler was plastic/fiberglass
my 84 olds cutlass H/O was alum..
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Glad to see that most people could figure out what was being asked

My first thoughts were Firebird as well... I do not think it is a "NOS PONTIAC GENUINE GM REAR SPOILER KIT FOR A FIERO" as it is being advertised as. I was curious what others may know about any details of it ect.

I would like to see one on a Fiero, as I think it would look a little more "edgy" (NOT "Ricey") than the stock Fiberglass ones.

That seller just happens to be one of the largest NOS and Pontiac parts sellers as well as parts reproducers in the Pontiac industry. If he says it is then he is correct and you would be wrong.
lou

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for louSend a Private Message to louEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is exactly what the seller says it is, these were factory or dealer installed and came with either 2 or 5 slats depending which one was required as some Fieros came with the base wingless luggage rack . They look like racks and were used as such. Notice the illustration in the instruction sheet is of a Fiero notch back engine lid. The first sheet clearly states that this 2 slat wing model is for the Fieros equipped with the rear luggage rack (three slats).

This is it :

Brochure of cutaway with spoiler and integrated rack ;
It shows that the wing itself was placed behind the rack slats, this was an improvement over the racks that were used on the earlier European and British sports cars like the MG and such.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
You may want save this picture.

More detailed pictures in this thread;

//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...4909&style=printable

[This message has been edited by lou (edited 07-04-2016).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By the original photo, it looks like a full sized wing not a SMALL wing. Thanks for clarifying with the photo.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 07-03-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that is pretty cool, I had never seen this before, and I totally stand corrected. Till this point, I had only seen this style on the Firebird's/Trans AM's.

I wonder what the weight difference is between this and the standard fiberglass Fiero GT wing......

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had one and installed it on a friends car. It works with the luggage rack. It is lightweight. It is similar to the ta wing, in size... no where near the factory wing.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 07-03-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock