Started on: 01-16-2005 10:03 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Steven Snyder on 01-17-2005 09:29 PM
Jeremiah

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
I hear there is some sort of after market spoiler you can place on a car with a luggage rack. Has anyone managed to make a reproduction of these things or know where I can find one?

------------------
84 Fiero with a 2.8 V6, Isuzu 5-speed, Performance Sound, Sprint Exhaust Manifols and a real pretty interior. :D

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroBUZZ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
You can put any kind of spoiler on that you like. If you are going to remove all the rack parts, there are a lot of holes to fill. I'd recommend getting a decklid without the rack to work with. If you are just replacing the 'hoop' part of the luggage rack and not the strips, it's not as big a deal.

I don't think i've evr seen anything specifically made as a 'replacement'

Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
I actually get a lot of utility out of the luggage rack, so I don't want to remove it. I just saw on the Michican Fiero Club's website that apparently an after market spoiler was made which retained the functionality of the luggage rack but looked a bit better than the silly little black spoiler that is there.

Originally posted by FieroBUZZ:

You can put any kind of spoiler on that you like. If you are going to remove all the rack parts, there are a lot of holes to fill. I'd recommend getting a decklid without the rack to work with. If you are just replacing the 'hoop' part of the luggage rack and not the strips, it's not as big a deal.

I don't think i've evr seen anything specifically made as a 'replacement'

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2005 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
I believe the spoiler on my car is one of these. It has a slot on the bottom that the stanchions can be slid along to adjust their horizontal position, just as the spoiler does in the directions on the Michigan Fiero Club's website. I can't tell if the same stanchions are used. It appears that they just reuse the ones that hold up the little black spoiler, but I don't have a luggage rack-equipped car so I can't tell for sure. I plan on getting rid of this spoiler after I get a new one. PM me if you're interested and I'll get some pics, or I can post them here. Maybe someone can confirm whether or not this is indeed the same spoiler described on the Michigan Fiero Club's site.

-Steven

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock