Daytona - 2017 - Any Interest? by Dragon
Started on: 06-24-2016 11:53 PM
Replies: 89 (2389 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 04-18-2017 10:20 PM
Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2016 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Title says it all

------------------

Frank Martin
87 GT
3800 s/c - lowered with Held Motorsports suspension - Suicide Doors by Archie
Custom Paint
Fun To Drive Daily Driver

87 Convertible
Sunshine Car

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lou

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for louSend a Private Message to louEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely, it's an annual tradition .
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Planning on it.
Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sort of already commited, I purchased a chop top from Pedro and promised him I would take it to Daytona in the spring.. So yeah I am in.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have missed one year since 1996. So I'm in.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will likely be there unless some unexpected family issue/emergency dictates otherwise. Depending on exactly when the show date is set. If it is for the last weekend of March I may be in Europe.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 11-13-2016).]

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We should be there. Love getting away from the cold weather and spending some time with friends. Hated to miss it this year, but wanted to be home for Easter.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For you yes.
Villain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I definitely plan on attending Daytona 2017
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about taking photos of people next to their cars. I can't make it to any of these since I live so far away and would like to see the faces of who I chat with in here. Most of the time, we just see the cars and people ask "who's car is that?"
Chief

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there.
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Frank, will you be running the show this year? Me and my buddy Ron will be there with rings on our fingers and bells on our toes
Horse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That show was at its best when Frank and Mariana ran it as a direct result of their hard work and even though I just sold my IMSA I will be there.

[This message has been edited by Horse (edited 06-26-2016).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2016 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wife does not need much convincing for a trip to Florida. If the car is running, I'm in. What's the date?
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

The wife does not need much convincing for a trip to Florida. If the car is running, I'm in. What's the date?

The Last Weekend in March - 24 - 26 March.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Daytona2017/
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2016 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm always interested, but that time of year is usually busy for me. Sure would like to get back out there again, though.
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on being there
Flyboygt86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboygt86Send a Private Message to Flyboygt86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Frank are you taking back over the show?
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flyboygt86:

Hi Frank are you taking back over the show?

Low key if I do

Depends upon interest
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2016 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon:
Low key if I do

Depends upon interest

Low key is fine with me!

Nelson
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes !
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2016 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes
FieroCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCatSend a Private Message to FieroCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For sure! Just rebuilt my V6 engine and looking forward to the show next year.

------------------
My Fiero: 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, V6, 4-speed manual

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2016 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

For you yes.

When I said this my move to Michigan was out of the picture. So now I have to say most probably I would not be able to attend. But I am sure if you lead it it will be a sure success.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested, Frank.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this put on by one of the Florida clubs?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-17-2016).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2016 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2016 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://imageshack.com/a/img713/3379/daytona97.jpg

When we could drive on the track...
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Frank, glad to see you putting on the show again, I will be there for sure, and hopefully with my new 3800 swap If you would like some help with anything, please let me know.

Now, please forgive me, I have to get this off my chest:

To those above saying to the effect "The show was so much better when Frank ran it".... I am sorry to say, but this is downright disrespectful!

A bit of a back story:

A few months before the 2015 Daytona Show, Frank posted that there would be no Daytona show, as he just no longer had the time to do it. I can understand this 100%, as he ran the show very successfully, for many years, and spent a LOT of time and effort in planning it. Everyone owes him a HUGE thank you to both his and his wife for spending countless hours over the years making the show the success that it has been.

When the show was not to be, Chuck from Central Florida Fiero's and I decided to do our best to put the show on. Patrick Roof, stepped up as well. I posted a thread, and created a professional web site, of which Chuck paid for the domain and hosting out of his pocket personally. The site had all of the locations, forms to register for the show, maps, calendar, interactive maps, schedule, hotel information, meeting times and locations and even a few contact numbers for people to call with questions. I had talked with Frank, who was gracious enough to take the time to offer ideas and advice to do the show.

I spent around 50 hours working on the website. If this were one of my billable sites for a client, I would have charged at least $3,500 for it. I created an email list and asked EVERYONE on that list for help with the planning of the show and volunteers. I also begged on the web page for volunteers. 2 people volunteered to be judges, none of which are the ones complaining in this thread above, as they did nothing what so ever to help, just complain that the show was not up to their standards.

I had emailed each and every person that was coming to the show, and those interested to please.....PLEASE just fill out the registration form on the website. These numbers are important for making reservations for the evening dinners, and for the cruise. If you reserve a space for 40 people at a restaurant for dinner, we are SOL if 96 show up. It is not fair to the rest of the group, or to the restaurant.

Only 1 or 2 people took the time to do this over the course of begging and pleading over the coming weeks in numerous emails. People only registered after they were sent an email saying they would not be able to go on the dinner cruise, as accurate numbers were needed, and saying that door prizes would only be given to those that registered. After all this, even then, only around 50% registered out of those that showed up for the show. Seems like everyone wants to go to the show, but filling out a simple form was just too much trouble.

In the weeks that we had to try to make a decent show, myself and Patrick worked tirelessly to get donations for raffles and door prizes. In the end, we had around $2,000 in raffle items, and around $1,500 in door prizes. A gift bag was made for each person that registered for the show. Custom judging sheets were made up for the judges, Each car has a customized paper for the dash for judging, showing the owners name and information, a custom logo was designed for the show, that Frank was able to get a local embroider to do up shirts with. The trophies were something new and unique, and of very high quality. Dash plaques were made up as well.

Throughout the weekend we had a VERY nice cruise visiting 2 different state parks, springs and lakes. We did laps around the New Smyrna NASCAR track warming up the crowd for the Saturday race (See the video below), We had breakfast at the Sugar Mill, Go Karts, a dinner cruise (Unfortunately rained out), we had dinners planned as a group in each night. The host hotel made available a car wash station with buckets, soap, and even 2 huge tubs of towels to dry off the cars.

Friday we had a sponsored (FREE) lunch on the 12th floor overlooking the ocean. Right after lunch we took the cars down on the beach, and a professional photo was taken of each car, and made available in 2 formats, a "post card" style photo, and the original photo.

At the end if the weekend we had around $300 cash from the raffle, after paying for the trophies, the $300 was donated to Todd Mulinax's wife shortly after his passing.

I am sorry that all of this was not good enough for some people. We did do our very best to try and make it a good Fiero gathering.

Here are some of the pages from the website from 2015:

Here is an interactive map that had clickable links to all events to show addresses and phone numbers for all things planned for the weekend. The stars marked the city that each person each person was coming from to attend the show.

The elusive registration form

Here was the schedule breaking down each days activities, with clickable links to a map and information for each item.

Lastly, here is a video of us taking to the New Smyrna NASCAR track on Saturday night. It was compiled from a bandstand camera, and multiple dash and hand held cameras:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-18-2016).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this event has a club affiliated with it, or even just a facebook page I would be happy to share it on the https://www.facebook.com/midwestfieroclubs facebook page to help spread the word.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome Jason. Here is the link to the Facebook page

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-18-2016).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Awesome Jason. Here is the link to the Facebook page

Cool I will plan on sharing it early next week, hopefully you will get some views from it.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be updating it as I go.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm starting to plan for it. Been wanting to do one of these things for years.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HERE IS A LINK to an email sign up form for the 2017 Daytona show.

If you fill out the form, you will receive show related emails and updates on any changes. Your email address and information will NOT be shared with anyone, and will ONLY be used for the Daytona Fiero Weekend show information.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there as long as my back is feeling well. New smyrna sure was fun.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2016 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Lastly, here is a video of us taking to the New Smyrna NASCAR track on Saturday night.

"We had to sign waivers against all loss or injury, and in turn were given access to drive as fast as we wanted around the track for 5 laps."

And nobody spun their car? Geez, I don't know if I could trust myself.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2016 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On lap 5 , I lapped the pace car, you will not spin if you keep your foot in it. I had lots of fun running on a circle track again. I ran carts when I was younger. I have spun a cart out a few times, wee.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock