Fierorama Weekend 2016!!!!! by mrfred8
Started on: 05-18-2016 11:11 PM
Replies: 42 (1942 views)
Last post by: kendallville on 09-20-2016 01:18 PM
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get ready for another exciting Fierorama Weekend!!! September 9th-11th !!!

Friday evening we will drive from our host hotel to nearby Wasco IL, eat at The Lodge on 64 and enjoy a cruise night presented by BGVMotorsports ( last year a Fiero won the car of the night award, and a Fierorama attendee won a free dinner )

We have something special planned for Saturday. We will depart our host hotel in St Charles IL at 10AM and head to one of the coolest and uniquest Private Car Collections in the country. We will get a private tour of the collection from one of the foremost experts in his area of collecting. More information about the collection will be revealed at the Dells Run and online shortly after. YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THIS TOUR, it is a rare opportunity. The tour will be free, but a cash donation to the local foodbank is appreciated.

After the tour we will head back to the host hotel in time to freshen up and relax before the traditional Fierorama Pizza party at Gino's East. After dinner feel free to socialize at the hotel, or get to bed early to be ready for the big event.

Sunday is the big show at beautiful Pottawatomie Park on the shores of the Fox River in St Charles IL. Last years show was the largest gathering of Fieros in the country, and we want to make this years show even bigger. As always the cost of the show is FREE (to NIFE members, $10 to non-members). Popular Vote Awards will be presented in 11 different classes. Specialty Awards will also be given as chosen by a panel of your peers. Fierorama encourages ALL Fieros to attend, from projects to show cars. There is a project class, and if you can't stay the whole day, there is a Park-for-Fun area.

We are always excited at Fierorama to present the Midwest Fiero Clubs Best in the Midwest Award, this year should be a very interesting competition as MWFC is honoring the 1988 Formula. I think I have already heard some competitive juices flowing //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096717.html

For more information including host hotel details, check out http://www.fierofocus.com/fierorama_2010.html

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 08-29-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2016 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you missed last years, or just want to re-live the fun, here is some video highlights from last year:
http://www.fierofocus.com/F...es/fierorama_20.html

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case you missed the announcement at the Dells Run.... On Saturday of Fierorama weekend we will be touring one of the largest collections of Micro (under 500 cc) and Mini (500-1600 cc) Cars in the world. Ken the curator of this vast private museum has invited all Fierorama attendees to come see and learn about these unique autos and their place in automotive history. From some of the earliest cars made in Europe and US to more recent examples like the Corbin, this collection covers it all.

Don't miss this unique opportunity to peak behind the garage doors of this large private collection.

This video shows a small part of one building of the collection from a few years ago

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-07-2016).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2016 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there with my son for the whole deal. What time are we leaving for the fiero cruse on friday? There is no time listed

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2016 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

I will be there with my son for the whole deal. What time are we leaving for the fiero cruse on friday? There is no time listed

Keep an eye out for updates, but I am pretty sure we will leave at 5:30 PM from the Quality Inn in St Charles IL .
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2016 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my room reserved. I am ready to go.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2016 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There will be an area for anyone that has parts to sell. If anyone wants to send me info and/or pictures on parts they are bringing, I can post them up on here and facebook a week or so before the show.
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2016 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One of the great things about Fierorama is that the show is "FREE" to NIFE members. If you are not a member it is just $10 to get into the show. Or you can join NIFE for $25.00 and you get a subscription to Fiero Focus for the remainder of 2016, all of 2017 and get into Fierorama for free in 2017.

The reason Fierorama is "FREE" is with the help of these great Key Sponsors:
The Fiero Store
V8 Archie
Woody Buick/GMC in Naperville, IL
Black Top Racing
Crate Engine Depot
Allstate Insurance represented by Christine Holmes!

You can check out all the Key Sponsors sites at FieroFocus.com
Click here for Key Sponsor's Main Page

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 07-13-2016).]

Josh52894

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2016 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierorama will be my first ever fiero show this year, hopefully my project will be drivable by then otherwise im taking my rustbucket. I CANT WAIT!!!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2016 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Josh52894:

fierorama will be my first ever fiero show this year, hopefully my project will be drivable by then otherwise im taking my rustbucket. I CANT WAIT!!!

We look forward to seeing you Josh. Hope you get your project done, but either way: Fierorama is for ALL Fieros in any condition and the people that love (and sometimes hate) them.

PFF
System Bot
Josh52894

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2016 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you might reconsider the "all fieros" thing once you see my rust bucket.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you pre-registered or gotten your Official 2016 Fierorama T-Shirt yet? Check out FieroFocus.com !!!

Some TShirt sizes do sell out prior to the event so order now!

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2016 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011
I have just received word that Mediums are sold out! Once again Mediums are sold out. So if you wanted to purchase a Medium I suggest you get a Large and attend the Fierorama Pizza Dinner at Gino's East on Saturday Sept 10th.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2016 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just placed my order for two shirts

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2016 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

I have just received word that Mediums are sold out! Once again Mediums are sold out. So if you wanted to purchase a Medium I suggest you get a Large and attend the Fierorama Pizza Dinner at Gino's East on Saturday Sept 10th.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE - Our CMO (chief merchandise officer) has located 3 Medium Fierorama 2016 shirts. Get them while they are hot. We are now out of 2XL though after fulfilling last nights orders.
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2016 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierorama is free to all NIFE members thanks to our 2016 Key Sponsors which include:
The Fiero Store, V8 Archie, Black Top Racing, Woody Buick/GMC, Crate Engine Depot, and Allstate Insurance represented by Christine Holmes.
We have also received a generous donation from Mr. Mikes Leathers for which we are very thankful!

Be sure to attend Fierorama on Sunday, September 11, 2016 at Pottawatomie Park in St. Charles, IL and purchase some extra door prize tickets.
We are starting to gather our door prizes which will be given away. We will be giving away over $600.00 in prizes some of which include:

A Full Car Wash and Detail Prize Pack.....a $50 value

A Full Oil Change Prize Pack.....a $50 value
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2016 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are just a few weeks out.....FIERORAMA WEEKEND.....

Friday, September 9, 2016
5:30pm - 9:00pm

BGV Motorsports cruise night in nearby Wasco IL. Meet at the Quality Inn (our host hotel) at 5:25pm.
We will caravan to the cruise, which takes place at The Lodge on 64 located at 41W379 Route 64; five miles
West of Randall Road. This cruise night attracts a wide variety of vehicles and many spectators, offering a great
opportunity to show everyone “WE LOVE OUR FIEROS” (if you cannot meet us at the host hotel, please join us
directly at the cruise night).

Saturday, September 10, 2016
8:30am - 3:00pm

Fierorama Saturday, September 10th Event Announcement....As we head to the most unique spot in McHenry County the Mini Micro Car Museum.
This Private Tour is FREE but we are asking for a donation of $5.00 (or what you feel comfortable with) to help the Crystal Lake Food Pantry.
If you have any questions please let us know or you can e-mail us at Events@fierofocus.com

A MUST SEE!!!!!!
Micro Mini Car Museum Private Tour
Ken Weger (the museum owner) will personally guide us on this tour, which will last about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
This is a FREE private tour offered to NIFE Fierorama participants.
The museum has a large collection of some of the smallest cars (500 cc’s or less) around. Inside “The Barn” there
is a variety of micro cars with a special section dedicated to Mike Corbin’s own design of micro cars. Some of the
cars in this collection include: Austin Mini, Citroen, Crosley, Fiat, Isetta, Messerschmitt, Subaru, and Velorex.

Fierorama Pizza Party - St. Charles, IL
6:00pm - 8:00pm

Join us starting at 6:00pm for our annual pizza party at Gino’s East across the street (just to the West)
from the Quality Inn (our host hotel) in St. Charles, IL. Enjoy an all-you-can-eat salad and pizza dinner with
your Fiero friends. After dinner, feel free to socialize with other Fierorama attendees in the
lobby of the host hotel.

Sunday, September 11, 2016
9:00am - 5:00pm

THE BIG SHOW!!!! A MUST ATTEND!!!!

Fierorama Send Off Party - St. Charles, IL
5:00pm - 7:00pm

Portillo’s in St. Charles, IL.

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 08-29-2016).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2016 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are exited to announce that we will have 3 active founding members of NIFE on hand to celebrate our 25th anniversary. So be sure to find Paul Ketterer, Rich Benanti and Jim Hallman and ask them about the early days of NIFE. Big thanks to Paul and Rich for coming from Georgia and Arizona and for staying active in the club. Imagine, the last Fiero was only a few years old when these visionaries founded the club.
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We would like to thank Rodney Dickman for some great raffle prizes for this Sunday's Fierorama.

See everyone in jsut a few days. Looks like some great weather.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright, as long as you're promising good weather, I'll be there.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014

PFF
System Bot
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registered yesterday, this will be my first time to the show and the farthest that I went with my car.
I HOPE IT MAKES IT !!!!!!!!!
3 1/2 hour to get there so we will see, I hope the weather holds.
and that I don't get lost.
I can only make it for the show Sunday but looking forward to seeing all the cars, and club members.

[This message has been edited by kendallville (edited 09-06-2016).]

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Confirmed electric Fiero will be there

The "Death Fiero" will probably be there

An IMSA tribute 6.2+ ls engine car

Many other cool cars.

All should come this is the largest annual gathering of Fiero s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Confirmed electric Fiero will be there

The "Death Fiero" will probably be there

An IMSA tribute 6.2+ ls engine car

Many other cool cars.

All should come this is the largest annual gathering of Fiero s

Very cool.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
I'm going even if the weather didn't pan out!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kendallville:

Registered yesterday, this will be my first time to the show and the farthest that I went with my car.
I HOPE IT MAKES IT !!!!!!!!!
3 1/2 hour to get there so we will see, I hope the weather holds.
and that I don't get lost.
I can only make it for the show Sunday but looking forward to seeing all the cars, and club members.

Look forward to seeing you Sunday. Glad you can make it.

Any other Fierorama first timers this year?

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Alright, as long as you're promising good weather, I'll be there.

Art,

Jim wanted to know if this is ok for you?

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to check with my staff. I suspect those predictions may be adequately acceptable. Actually, I'll let you know, no later than the end of Fierorama #21 on Sunday.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2016 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am hoping to make it on Sunday, but it all depends on how my travel plans today go.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to everyone who came out to Fierorama this weekend. You made it the largest Fiero gathering since the 30th Anniversary Show. It was great meeting some new people and catching up with some old friends. Start planning now, lets make Fierorama 2017 even bigger. Sept 8-10 2017. Start planning now! Be there!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics or it didn't heppen!

Planning on being there.
PFF
System Bot
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2016 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am glad to report the weather for the entire 21st Fierorama weekend was perfect. I have been assured we can expect the same next year. I suggest you make plans now to attend next year's gathering.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014, 2016

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2016 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a great showing, an electric Fiero, the Pontibishi, and many nice show cars were there. Even a nice Countach rebody. I heard 84 Fieros were present. Pictures courtesy of Sinister Performance. http://www.gmtuners.com/eve...orama2016/index.html

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-13-2016).]

pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2016 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some day I hope to make it. But thank you for the pics!
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2016 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was the first Fierorama I missed since I got my car, I wish I could've gone the perfect way to end the summer.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2016 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

This was the first Fierorama I missed since I got my car, I wish I could've gone the perfect way to end the summer.

Hope everything is going well. We missed you seeing you and your family out there too.

SteveKelley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2016 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveKelleySend a Private Message to SteveKelleyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any shirts left? Would be interested in buying either a large or medium

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2016 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SteveKelley:

Any shirts left? Would be interested in buying either a large or medium

Try here:

http://www.fierofocus.com/

http://www.fierofocus.com/store.html
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Hope everything is going well. We missed you seeing you and your family out there too.

I'm loving it here. I just picked up a Solstice in August. I should be coming home for Christmas. My Fiero is stored away safely in my grandmother's garage until I return! I haven't driven it in an entire year
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2016 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first time out , and I was not disappointed . Lots of great cars , and great people to talk to. Everyone there was very friendly and willing to talk to
anyone even people like me that they did not know. took a few pics but can't get them to post. We went to eat after the show as a group and
it looked like most went by the number of Fieros in the lot. I hope to make it again next year worth the hassle of driving around Chicago .
The wife even LET me buy a shirt. Thanks to all who put it on .
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock