MWFC's “Best Interpretation” of a ‘88 Fiero Formula Compitition by 87 Pegasus
Started on: 05-15-2016 01:24 PM
Replies: 12 (603 views)
Last post by: mrfred8 on 07-24-2016 08:57 PM
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This year we will honor the “Best Interpretation” of a ‘88 Fiero Formula. The Formula option offered the exciting performance of the Fiero GT in a more affordable notchback body style package. The “Best Interpretation” could be either a completely original Fiero or a wildly modified Fiero; it is up to you, as this will be a peer judged award so each show attendee will get to choose the car that they feel is the “Best Interpretation”. The only requirement for winning is that this Fiero must be based on the ‘88 Formula!

2016 Shows:
Dells Run (June 2nd-5th)
Minnisota Fieros Forever (June 18th)
Michigan Fiero Club (July 18th)
Tyler Shipman Show (July 30th)
Heartland Show (September 3rd)
Fierorama (September 11th)

The winner at each of these six shows will be able to attend Fierorama on Sunday, September 11th to compete for the “Best In The Midwest” competition for the Best Interpretation of an ‘88 Formula in the Midwest.

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 05-15-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2016 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it!

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That award is mine for the takin'
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:

That award is mine for the takin'

We'll see.
lateFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:
We'll see.

Pictures?

Walk around video?

Would you be willing to put your car up on a hoist to check the detail of the undercarriage?
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2016 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pictures?
Yes, I have plenty of pictures. If it is important to YOU, they’re readily available on the internet.

Walk around video?
I don’t have one and it is not important to me to have one. Maybe someone else does?

Would you be willing to put your car up on a hoist to check the detail of the undercarriage?
Don’t need to. Seen it enough times to know what a low mileage, rust free chassis looks like that I have detailed the crap out for the show(s) that requires it. But my Formula is not a trailer queen, like I suspect yours is, by the nature of your questions. I actually drive mine to Fiero events and other shows so it could probably need a good cleaning to remove the “road” off it. Can’t say I have been to any car show with a hoist as a part of the judging unless it was lifted onto a portable dyno.

The “Best in the Midwest” competition for the Best Interpretation of an ‘88 Formula in the Midwest is a Fiero people judged show, not points, which I have competed in for years. At any given show, participant’s bias can and will enter into that “interpretation”. Please define “interpretation” as I am sure mine and everyone else‘s if different.

There are a lot of nice Formulas, (stocks, customs, and modifieds), that I am familiar with that will be competing in this year’s class. I can guarantee no one is a for sure no matter how nice YOU think your car is. Not even sure I should put on the original low mileage wheels and Eagle GT +4s. Half the rims are late 87 wheels re-purposed from the factory for 88s. When all is said and done, I will get in the car and take a not so leisurely drive home. It will prove to be an interesting and fun year.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So many nice Formula's around, this year is going to be tough competition.
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The awards just got better.....
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This might be one of the best “Best in the Midwest” competitions since its inception. I look forward to competing and thank MFC for doing this.

Could this be a Twofer, Two-peat, ? Time will tell.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2016 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to 2.5 / Jason on winning the MWFC award the Dells Run. I am kind of glad I did not have a ballot to fill out, too many nice Formulas were there.

Up next is the Minnesota Fieros Forever Summer Sizzle in just a few weeks.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrat's to Michael Wendt who won the "Best in the Midwest" at the Minnesota Fieros Forever Summer Sizzle.

Up next is the Michigan Fiero Club's "Fieros in the Village" on July 16th. http://www.michiganfieroclub.com/show2016.html

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-19-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2016 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I'll make it to the Michigan Fiero show. I really want to make it to fierorama too..

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2016 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Competition is heating up! Its going to be a tough competition at Fierorama picking the Best in Midwest Formula.

Congrats to Dottie Robertson with her immaculate Yellow T-Top Formula who has won the Best Formula at the recent Michigan Fiero Club Fieros in the Village Show.

Up next is the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show in Frazee MN. Get those Formulas shined up!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock