Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Well, it begins again today, picked up my '88 GT! "Calizonia" (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Well, it begins again today, picked up my '88 GT! "Calizonia" by railshot
Started on: 05-18-2016 06:44 PM
Replies: 194 (5188 views)
Last post by: railshot on 07-13-2017 09:11 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2016 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'm really glad you decided to keep it. It seems to be no better or worse than that most good Fieros.

So true.
I keep forgetting it is 28 going on 29 years old.

I still compare it to the new ones I had back in '86 and '87, which is totally unfair of me to do.
I figure by next spring or early summer it will be as good as I remember them to be when they were brand new.

One of my best memories of a Fiero is sitting in my last brand new '87 GT' in the dealers lot the day I bought it at the ripe old age of 34.
Paper on the floors, plastic on the seats, floor mats in the trunk, and the window sticker blocking the drivers side window......
Salentine Pontiac in Muskego Wi......
A very good memory in fact. and that is my inspiration and destination for this one.
I plan on duplicating that feeling.
IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2016 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good!
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2016 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see that you are keeping it. Hope for a meetup soon with the cars.

Tom

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2016 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Glad to see that you are keeping it. Hope for a meetup soon with the cars.

Tom

We will soon I hope.

Just spent some more quality time outside during a slow period here at work, and found what may be one of my major noises / irritations.......

Anyone else really hate working on a car that someone else has played with?

I found that my air filter housing was only being held in place by the top two screws.
As some of you may know, there is a tab at the bottom of the mount that is supposed to go into a notch on the frame for support... well it was not!

Really looking forward to my ride home tonight, and already planning on taking the bumpiest, uneven roads I can find!

Fingers crossed.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2016 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a note really,
Picked up one of Rodney's dog bones for my automatic today.
Sure is nice just to be able to skip out of work for an hour, drive up to him and get parts.

Quality looks outstanding!
Going to install tonight and see if some of my vibrations go away.
The poly one I have right now is like a rock!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dog bone update:

I just took my first trip to work with Rodney's dog bone installed, and it has changed the attitude of my GT!

Shifts feel much smoother, vibrations are considerably less, and even my ride seems a bit less jarring.
I purchased the softer one for an automatic, and I can highly recommend these to anyone that is tired of all the vibration from the Poly ones.
Best money I have spent yet on my GT!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2016 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm really surprised that it made that much of a difference, over the poly. But more power to ya'!
Regardless, I'm glad you decided to keep 'er.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'm really surprised that it made that much of a difference, over the poly. But more power to ya'!
Regardless, I'm glad you decided to keep 'er.

It really did Raydar, I guess I just like a smooth comfortable Fiero ride.

Just got back in from spending some more quality time with the GT while the wife was visiting the grand baby, and installed new door latch bolts on both sides.
Easy job, maybe 15 minutes total, and well worth the measly $20.00 it cost me!
I would say 50 of the remaining "98" rattles and shakes were gone instantly after driving it for quite a few miles!

A big shout out to fierogt28 for the suggestion in my other post about what is behind the B pillar.
Seriously, no more door noises!
I can actually hear my T-tops creaking.

All I hear now is that dang clunking noise on larger bumps, so..... I decided to pressure wash the engine bay, (yes, it started up fine afterwards thank you. LOL).
I abhor working on anything that is loaded with road grime and dirt.

While in there doing that I removed the air filter housing to clean it up and paint it.
Just a little PM so to speak, as it had just a tad of surface rust on it.

Well, after pulling the housing and mounting bracket for the air filter out, I noticed that the bracket for the a/c lines, where it connects to the hoses coming from the front, (my arch nemesis has been my a/c bwahhahahahah!), was not bolted to anything and only had one screw hanging from it.

This is in the exact area, generally, that I hear that dang clunk on larger bumps.
I tried to tighten the remaining bolt, but it appears that there is a nut or something on or in the frame that is supposed to be welded in and is not working?

Anyone know what holds that bracket in place?
Like I said before, I really hate working on a car that someone else has had apart before me.

I also replaced the seats finally with the ones I purchased early last spring.
Nice....... I was waiting until I got my speakers from Rodney Dickman, but just could not hold out anymore.
I will say this, having T-tops sure made that job one heck of a lot easier.
Time to start thinking about getting some Mr. Mikes for the original ones.... sounds like a good winter project.

Also re-glued the trim around the center console by the shifter and found out I have a broken ash tray door.
Missing one tab and a spring for holding it closed.
Really hate to post something so trivial in the mall as wanted, so maybe I will just add it to my wanted thread.

I was really hoping to find some treasure or gold in the center area by the shifter, but all I found were two toothpics...new and still in the wrapper.
Dang it!

Been a really positive and productive day today, so time for a few Mike's margarita's... funny, I used to only drink Leinie, but that dang Mike's is pretty refreshing.

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you heading to Fierorama?

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you heading to Fierorama?

Totally forgot all about it to be honest.
Let me look it up and see.
If the wife is up to it, I will be there!....

I just looked it up, and if the wife is willing, we will be there on the 11th!
Thanks for reminding me Thomas!

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 08-20-2016).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2016 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Totally forgot all about it to be honest.
Let me look it up and see.
If the wife is up to it, I will be there!....

I just looked it up, and if the wife is willing, we will be there on the 11th!
Thanks for reminding me Tom!

Awesome. I will keep an eye out for you. Me and my son are heading up there on friday to do all three days.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Heartland Fieros show is on 9/3. Any chance?
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2016 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Heartland Fieros show is on 9/3. Any chance?

We have plans for that weekend already tshark.
I just looked at the facebook page for it, and it looks like a place I need to go next year for sure.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2016 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really starting to enjoy the GT now that a lot of the rattles are gone, but.....
This morning I took it to work earlier than normal, and it was still dark out.

Went to turn the radio on, now that I can finally hear it whilst driving, and it did not work, so for the first time I actually looked at it with all the lights on...
It has white lights in it!

Now I have owned quite a few Fiero's in my 63 years, and none of them had white lights.
Guess it is time to find another radio that "belongs" in a Pontiac.

I know what is wrong with it, the power button is dirty, but c'mon, white lights.... lol.

I will be PM'ing Fiero Tom to see if he has any intentions of building more radios with the mp3 connector.
If not, guess I will have to beg one off of someone else......
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, a whole 9 8 days since I posted anything here!

I have just bought a radio from TEXGOOD and cannot wait to get it and install it.
Emailed Rodney tonight, and will be getting his speakers to compliment it.
Very excited about this, as I can now hear the radio due to lack of "most" of my rattles and squeaks!

We had some heavy rain today, and guess what..... my T-tops leaked at the window seals.
Not into the car from around the window, but into the locking mechanism and out through the front and rear plastic covers that hide the locking mechanism.

It was a beautiful day right up until 3:00 when I was getting ready to leave, and I really wanted to drive home "topless"... (lol, that sounds odd I guess but the guys at work took it and rolled with it).

While I was complaining to my wife when I got home about the tops leaking, over a couple of backyard beverages of course, she said something that actually made me stop and think...... (ok, 2nd time in 20 years, first time was when she said yes... lol)

I was all set to order the $345 seals for the window to T-top side seals ... that is where the water was coming in, and she said........ "FlexSeal"!
What a wonderful idea!

You know the TV commercial where they spray the screen door and use it as the bottom of the boat right?
Well why not try it!
Stay tuned T-top guys, I may have a way to extend the life or our precious seals.

This weekend I am off for 5 days, and you know what, this just may work.
I am willing to experiment with mine to see.

If it works I will start a whole new thread in the how to or technical section just for grins.
Pictures will be included with a step by step on how I either totally messed up, a.k.a. "Houston, we have a problem". or "Houston, we have liftoff!"

I know just the right car wash to test it at!
Worst case scenario is I have to order the seals and spend another $345....... like it will be the last $345 I blow on the GT.

Edited for accuracy on how long it has been since I posted..... yes, I can do math..... most of the time!

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 08-30-2016).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2016 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
want to see how the flex seal works

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2016 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

want to see how the flex seal works

LOL, actually I have been doing some "research" on this and I have a plan.

I am not going to spray it on, I am going to brush it on and into any and all cracks to have it act as a bonding agent where cracks have shown up.
Now I just need to pick the Flex Seal up, and get the mechanism apart.
Not sure if I am going to remove it from the glass yet, but it will be done and the results documented within the next 6 days.

There is another product made by Rustoleum that is also a flexible sealant I have found during my "research".
It looks like it does not apply as heavy and thick as the Flex Seal, so I may try both.

Also, I just picked up my speakers from Rodney today, and funny thing...... he thinks my exhaust sounds "different" also!

He had a couple of good suggestions I am going to try, like replacing my cat only, and double checking my muffler for any leaks.
The cat makes sense as I have been going nuts trying to find this odd buzzing sound at certain rpm's.
If the honeycomb has deteriorated, and is collapsed in the cat, I bet it would make that noise!
I still have the original exhaust on the GT, so he suggested keeping as much as I can as it is stainless.

And so the tale continues.......
No posts until I play with the speakers, T-tops, and radio ...... which is on it's way!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2016 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday I had a chance to try the FlexSeal and I would have to say it is a no go as of now.
It has quite a rough texture to it when sprayed, which will not lend itself to sealing well at all.
Today I will try brushing it on something just for the heck of it to see if it is any different.

What I did was spray some on a plastic bag from Walmart and let it dry for a few hours.
It did stay very flexible, and I could not peal it off of the bag, so that is a good thing.
When I looked at the results, I was not too pleased with the texturing it had taken on, so now I need to locate some Rustoleum spray to try.

I also was able to install the front speakers I picked up from Rodney, and a radio that I purchased that is a UT4 code radio.
Here it is installed, pardon the dust. Looks really nice, now to figure out why it is intermittent.

Sounded good ....sometimes, but the tuner / reception was bad sometimes, and good others just sitting in the garage not moving.
Almost like the antennae was not connected, then connected.
Probably why Pontiac had a recall on them?

Someone had already replaced the front speakers at some point with Pioneers. so all the soldering I went through was for naught!
LOL, I should have looked at the speakers in the car before soldering on the factory connectors to the new speakers.
The factory plugs no longer existed, so I had to clip the wires to the boards Rodney has in his kit.

It works, but now to build an adapter harness for the 2000 Grand Am CD radio I picked up and try that one.

And so the saga continues........ until I get my blue '87 GT..... yup, working on a deal for one....... If I can snatch it up for the right price....
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2016 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006
What a beautiful day to go topless in the GT......
Don't get excited, I mean to take the tops off and cruise around.

My little buddy, "Buddy" the Shih-Tzu, and I, took a nice long cruise with the T-tops out and radio blasting.... for some reason today the radio is working great!
Took me back to when I use to enjoy just jumping into my Fiero and going no particular place at all.

Funny, with the tops off and the radio blasting those pesky squeaks and rattles just go away.
We got several thumbs up from people on our cruise, I guess people see the beauty of the Fiero still!

Hehehe, Buddy is in the living room sleeping like the 15 year old he is, should.
I am next.

T-tops off today guys!

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2016 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Dave are you planning to go to fierorama.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2016 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good Dave are you planning to go to fierorama.

We are planning on being there on Saturday.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2016 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are planning on being there on Saturday.

Thats the day for the Micro Mini Car Museum. I will be there for that. Heading up friday for the food and crusie.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2016 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am probably not going to make Fierorama today due to the Packers playing and my wife still not feeling the best.
She has been fighting breast cancer for the past 1.5 years now, (doing fine by the way, just has days where she is just "not the best"..... chemo sucks even 6 months after finishing it.
Neuropathy is no joke! so....... here is an update on the T-top seals.

Yesterday I removed both of the locking mechanism covers, put the tops back on, and had my wife spray the top with a garden hose.
While sitting inside I found only one place where they both were not sealing properly.
The area where the T-top side seal meets the A pillar seal is not tight enough to keep water out.

After looking closer at everything, I noticed that the A pillar end cap hole, where the top locks into the endcap and pulls the glass down onto the seal, is no longer round.
It is oblong from years of rubbing.
This is what is causing my leaks on both sides.

I did a search for the A pillar endcaps, and found some here......

http://www.fieroparts.com/

$600, and only one set left....
I think I need to use some of my 40 years of plastics experience to see what I can do with mine to repair them!

Due to having some time on my hands, I thought it might be interesting to post some pictures of some of my previous Fieros, so here goes......

First one is the last Fiero I owned before getting my GT.

It is a Formula from California. Toasty, but it was 100% rust free and actually shiny underneath.
You could still see the factory paint markings on the chassis parts.

Before rustoleum paint job.

Same Formula, 1/2 way through the rustoleum paint job! Had to sell due to the economy, and still regret it to this day!
Yes, that is a sponge brush and roller paint job! I wish I could have finished it.
Only had 3 coats out of the 7 I had planned, and was not buffed yet. It was looking very nice when I had to sell..... dang economy!

This one was, and still is one of my favorite pictures I have of a GT.
It is my white '86 I gave to my stepdaughter to drive around in when she turned 17... she loved it!

I just had to throw this one in because that is my Dodge Stealth R/T parked next to my Fiero GT....

One more, just because I totally forgot about this SE, and my wife is perched on it rather nicely.
This picture was taken in 1997.... boy how we have both changed!

Well, that is 3 of the 9 I have owned, and still would love to have another Formula to keep the GT company.
Maybe next spring?

I think my wife is right, I am a crazy old man...... if I am boring anyone with all this, let me know! LOL.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2016 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
shhhhhh!
Don't tell the wife, but I am going to look at an '87 GT on Saturday.... shhhhhh!...... go be continued.....
Silvertown

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-18-2016 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

shhhhhh!
Don't tell the wife, but I am going to look at an '87 GT on Saturday.... shhhhhh!...... go be continued.....

The white 88 gt top car didn't by chance come out of Crystal City California?
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2016 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silvertown:

The white 88 gt top car didn't by chance come out of Crystal City California?

It did originally start out in California, but exactly where I am not sure.
The T-tops were added by the dealer and installed by "Quack" (that still makes me chuckle) at C&C in September of 1988, so it is not a CJB.

I have the vin if you are interested in that..... sounds like you may know it?

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 09-18-2016).]

Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2016 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It did originally start out in California, but exactly where I am not sure.
The T-tops were added by the dealer and installed by "Quack" (that still makes me chuckle) at C&C in September of 1988, so it is not a CJB.

I have the vin if you are interested in that..... sounds like you may know it?

When you mentioned that it went from Cali to Arizona to Wisconsin it went the same route as my 88 gt except that mine came back to Arizona. The info I am using came from Carfax.

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2016 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silvertown:

When you mentioned that it went from Cali to Arizona to Wisconsin it went the same route as my 88 gt except that mine came back to Arizona. The info I am using came from Carfax.

From my Carfax, mine has never been back to California ...... yet!

As a side note, Fiero #10 is probably on it's way....... I will post a new thread when it actually happens...... (hint, it is an '88, and a 5 speed, hope my left knee can handle it....)!
Get ready for me to be looking for a lot of parts, and some Rustoleum paint LOL.
This time I will finish it.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-20-2016 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

From my Carfax, mine has never been back to California ...... yet!

As a side note, Fiero #10 is probably on it's way....... I will post a new thread when it actually happens...... (hint, it is an '88, and a 5 speed, hope my left knee can handle it....)!
Get ready for me to be looking for a lot of parts, and some Rustoleum paint LOL.
This time I will finish it.

My car started in California went to Arizona and then Wisconsin in 2013 then back to Arizona in 2015 when I bought it. It was sold new in Cathedral City California. What I'm saying is your car was part of a large collection of fieros that I was told the owner had died.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2016 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am finally at the point where I have been thinking about painting the GT.
Factory white is nice, but since I first saw the Plazma Fiero, I have been totally in awe of it.
I even started a thread back in 2006 inquiring about it.... wow, those 10 years went fast!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061331.html

Blue just happens to be my favorite color, so I am considering having mine painted blue, like the Plazma.

For anyone that does not know about, or heard about the Plazma, do a Google search for Plazma Fiero.
It is very sad the created passed away, and that the car seems to have been out of circulation since then, but it is a beautiful example of what a rebody can and should be for a Fiero.

Doing a search this morning, I can only assume the Plazma is still somewhere in a garage in Florida.
The color I have narrowed down from my searching may be Yamaha blue.
Anyone know for sure?

Thoughts?
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2016 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so I have it for sale again and I am buying parts for it like a drunken sailor!
My asking price will not increase as I do this, because I am doing it for me, and if someone wants it, all the extra's will be included!
LOL, I still love this little bugger and will continue on with the "restoration" until someone else wants to take over from where I am at.

My wife still thinks I am nuts (justifiably so) but hell, the best time I ever had was working on, and driving a Fiero with her next to me.
All this really is about is reliving a part of my past and enjoying it while I do.... welcome aboard campers, it may be and long bumpy road, but we will get to our destination eventually!
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lip spoiler looks so much better than the picnic table stocker.

Nice find!

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2016 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

The lip spoiler looks so much better than the picnic table stocker.

Nice find!

That lip spoiler does look pretty sweet, but then I would not have anyplace to put my beer and sandwich when working on it. LOL
Where did you get the spoiler if I may ask?
Thinking about having a 2nd decklid with one "picnic table" and one having a lip spoiler...... I do like the look!

Just noticed the car behind yours.... was that a Conquest or a Starion?
Still would not mind having one of those again.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2016 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
December 23rd update.

Still buying more "stuff" for the GT.
I now have a self dimming mirror with temp and compass from sardonyx247 , replacement front parking lights from the Fiero Store, one of mine I found had a crack, complete exhaust off an '88 GT with 80k miles on it, waiting on word for a factory performance sound system, rebuilt tail lights from slammed, installed a Monsoon cd player from Fiero Tom, and am now in the hunt for a whole Formula!

Just in case nobody sees it in the wanted to buy section, I am serious about getting a stock, automatic, Formula to go with the GT.... hmmm, maybe even a base '88 after that?
3 Fieros is a good number isn't it?

It almost feels like I don't even have a Fiero with the weather the way it has been.
-15 degrees last Monday.
Only been able to drive the GT up and down the drive every weekend, but even that has been fun.

3 or 4 more months, and I will be back into the "restoration" big time.
Once the mechanics are 100%, paint will be in order.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2016 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm confused. Are you keeping, buying, selling, or...?
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2016 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm confused. Are you keeping, buying, selling, or...?

LOL, so is my wife.
I am keeping unless someone offers me what I am asking.
Which after doing some extensive searching for a Formula (I will be keeping the Formula along with the GT) is not that far out of line.
Already making plans for springtime activities including new paint, and Mr. Mikes!

Just posted to the mall here, and on the local craigslist that I am looking for a Formula now, so stay tuned...... got one in mind already.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK. So, you're selling the '88 GT, but trading it for a Formula, and keeping the GT with the Formula and a base coupe, because you're getting out of Fieros, a decision made based on not liking the T-tops on the GT, difficulty working on Fieros, and problems with Mr. Egress, because you have a different car that caught your eye that you want to buy after the GT is sold. While you're getting out of Fieros, but keeping the Fieros you're selling and adding to your hoard herd, you're accumulating the unicorn parts, like ”new” fastback tail lights. Did I sum it up properly? I want to be sure that my confusion has all the proper basis in fact. Just to further clarify, was the ad for the Formula you want to get on Craigslist a ”want to buy”, or a ”for sale”?

There's an anonymous support group called PFF for this.

Oh, and your wife will be sainted, for this--if she can keep her sanity.

Note: this is just my weird sense of humor. There's one in every crowd...and I'm good for several crowds.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK. So, you're selling the '88 GT, but trading it for a Formula, and keeping the GT with the Formula and a base coupe, because you're getting out of Fieros, a decision made based on not liking the T-tops on the GT, difficulty working on Fieros, and problems with Mr. Egress, because you have a different car that caught your eye that you want to buy after the GT is sold. While you're getting out of Fieros, but keeping the Fieros you're selling and adding to your hoard herd, you're accumulating the unicorn parts, like ”new” fastback tail lights. Did I sum it up properly? I want to be sure that my confusion has all the proper basis in fact. Just to further clarify, was the ad for the Formula you want to get on Craigslist a ”want to buy”, or a ”for sale”?

I believe the only answer to this is "yes".
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's an anonymous support group called PFF for this.

Oh, and your wife will be sainted, for this--if she can keep her sanity.

Note: this is just my weird sense of humor. There's one in every crowd...and I'm good for several crowds.

Raydar is correct, the answer is yes!
LOL, you made my day with that tshark!

I think what it comes down to is I have way too much time on my hands and think a little too mu.... oh look, something shiny!

Edited to add that my signature here actually is "There is one in every crowd, and usually it is me" lol rarely use it though....

Edit to edit, just gave both of you a plus rating, you guys know your stuff, and ....... you both keep me rolling both humor wise, and Fiero wise.
Thanks guys, would love to meet up with both of you before I turn 65 next December.

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 12-26-2016).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2016 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to humorize the situation.

I plan to be at Fierorama in 2017. What happens after you turn 65? I know the vision goes after 40, to the point that small letters must be at least 6 inches from your eyes for focus. I lost my shirt hair at 30. I'm sure I lost something at 20, too, but I keep forgetting.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock