new fiero owner by Gwhite18
Started on: 02-16-2016 12:17 AM
Replies: 57 (1237 views)
Last post by: Gwhite18 on 10-03-2016 02:16 PM
Gwhite18

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2016 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new headliner going in. jo-ann fabrics had headliner meterial with the foam on the back for 15.00/yrd. It only takes about a yard. That's a lot cheaper than the 70.00 the fiero store wants.

IP: Logged
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gwhite18:

I have a question maybe someone can help me answer. I can't seem to find the folding thumb screws for the rear deck vents. Does anyone know where to get those?

The information contained in this forum is literally priceless. If you can think of it, it's proly on here somewhere. Lol. Now that I have the picture thing figured out things should go a lot smother.

Try Fiero Jon for that fastener. I recently filled out his parts request form on a Sunday night and he responded back in less than 20 minutes and had the part. It was a control arm for the cradle.

http://www.fieroservice.com/order.html

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply.
Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2016 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got this in the mail today. Took forever, but it's here. I can't wait to get it installed.

Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2016 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm back home and have a big pile of parts going on the car. I'm trying to get this fierostore trunk carpet in, and it's fighting me quite a bit. It doesn't seem like it fits right, but I'll keep fighting it before I cut it.

I also got some new wheels and rubber. I just wanted to make sure these things fit before I put the tires on. It looks like it's going to be a very close fit.

The easiest part to install so far were the floor mats. LOL!

Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the new wheels and tires on. They seem to fit well. I'll have to take it for a ride once I get all the fluids changed, and my transmission leak fixed. It looks like it's the cooler lines coming out of the transmission.

Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gwhite18

143 posts
Member since Dec 2015
So here is where I think my leak is coming from.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

and this is my poor mirror. I don't think it's fixable.

Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gwhite18

143 posts
Member since Dec 2015
Just got back from the junk yard and found some goodies. All this for $30.00

I also saw this gem in a sunbird turbo

Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gwhite18

143 posts
Member since Dec 2015
Just in case anyone else has the same problem as me with the fierostore carpet, I figured out what the problem is. Their carpet is molded to fit a notchback fiero, and the fastback has a slightly different design. I'll see if they do anything about it, but probably not.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2016 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gwhite18:

Just in case anyone else has the same problem as me with the fierostore carpet, I figured out what the problem is. Their carpet is molded to fit a notchback fiero, and the fastback has a slightly different design. I'll see if they do anything about it, but probably not.

I have had no such problem with the carpet I have gotten from Stock Interiors for multiple GTs.:

http://www.stockinteriors.c...akeId=23&ModelId=383
Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got a few more things done today. My wife got mad at me and took the kids to the mall, so I took advantage of my alone time. LOL!

I took the hu mount, and painted it black. Everyone seems to complain about light bleeding through, and I also noticed I could see some white with it installed, and that just wouldn't do. After painting it black, minus the part that lights up of course, I put the aluminum tape on the bottom that came with the kit. I don't see any light bleed anywhere. It seems to solve the issue.

Here it is with the head unit installed. I also had to do a little trimming on the opening to get the radio to fit, but it was very minor, and better to trim it than have it be to big and sloppy.

I did have to do a little trimming on the bezel. I had to cut those plus looking plastic things off, and had to trim a little off of the screw holes on the bottom to get it to sit correctly. Not a big deal.

I'm really not a big fan of pigtails, but there is really no better way to do it without cutting the oem harness. The relay you see is connected to the aux control wire coming from the head unit, and I'm using it to power the OEM subwoofer. It works great, and I still have use of the slider adjustment in the roof. It sounds a lot better than the stock head unit!

Here she is all installed.

lit up with flash

lit up no flash

[This message has been edited by Gwhite18 (edited 05-08-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spent most of the day under the car replacing crap. I replaced all the transmission mounts and the engine mount. The Fiero store sent me the right boxes, but one of the boxes had the wrong mount in it. So I went off to orileys to order one and they had it in stock. Awesome.
I also replaced the fuel filter, did an oil change, fixed my leaky transmission cooler lines, replaced the transmission oil and filter. I also replaced the ac belt, and the ribbed belt. Yeah that sucked. I didn't take any pictures because it's just maintenance stuff. Hopefully I don't have to do that again for a while.

[This message has been edited by Gwhite18 (edited 05-10-2016).]

Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a few more things done on the car. Finally got around to putting in the new headliner. It's amazing how much different the car feels inside now with a roof in it! LOL!.

Got rodney dickmans third brake light cover and black top racings led brake light installed. Looks pretty good.

I finally got all the parts I needed for my drivers side mirror. I ended up swapping some of the guts out of one I bought off of the forum. My plan was to just swap all of the electronics, then I realised that the plugs were different. then I thought I'll just swap the motors, but then I realised that the motors are also different. Their mount inside the plastic housing is just slightly different. I would have to destroy the housing to make it work. So just if anyone is interested, the electronics in a 1984 fiero power mirror, are slightly different than the electronics in a 1987 power mirror. Top is 1987, bottom is 1984.

I also got the windows tinted. The guy I had do it is freaking awesome. He did my camaro years ago and it still looks great! I think it made a big difference in how the car looks. I love it.

Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2016 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gwhite18

143 posts
Member since Dec 2015
My little boy LOVES the fiero. He had a blast riding around with the windows down in the "Race Car" as he calls it.

Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2016 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was also able to get ahold of the guy I bought the car from, and got the original intake system put back on. That stupid pod filter thingy sucked. This setup is much better.

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car looks fantastic ! Great job on the fixing up. Any chance you might lower it slightly ? Would really add to the look. 👍
Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2016 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it will get lowered, but I want to do coil overs so I can adjust the height. But that's proly going to be next year.
Gwhite18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2016 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gwhite18Send a Private Message to Gwhite18Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I guess I should update my thred. It's been a while. I took the Fiero to the cache valley cruise in this year to show it off a little. It drove great on the way down. When I got there and parked the car, I found this on the ground behind it. I thought for sure it was dead. At least it looked like someone had killed it. Lol.
cine to find out it had puked the transmission pan gasket out. I had used clear rtv on the pan gasket instead of black since that's what I had on hand. Yeah don't do that. So I got a new gasket, filter and oil, and black rtv, put it all back together and she's all good still. Here she is at the show.

Interesting part is the transmission fluid looks horrible. I had just changed it less than 100 miles previous to this and it loozed like candy red metallic paint. Oh well I guess.
I was driving it around the other day with my son in the car and noticed it streaming out of the rear vents. Pullwd over and checked it out. It decided to blow the upper heater hose just below the thermostat, so she got parked for now until I have time to fix it.

[This message has been edited by Gwhite18 (edited 10-03-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock