Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New owner of a great 88GT in Oregon! Question about how it idles.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
New owner of a great 88GT in Oregon! Question about how it idles. by Oregon88
Started on: 02-11-2016 12:38 AM
Replies: 6 (180 views)
Last post by: J-Holland on 02-11-2016 02:06 PM
Oregon88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone,

I'm very excited to say I own a 88 Fiero GT
I've wanted one for what seems like forever and I finally purchased it after I graduated college.
I can't quite explain my love for the car, i just know that i love it.
It is in fine condition with 104K on it.
Purchased it knowing it needed transmission work, turned out it was a simple cable replacement that i could do. It had some minor dings and a nose replacement but all else is nearly brand new.
I'm very happy with the fiero and plan to keep it as stock as possible.
It will need some lighting upgrades, for increased safety and style, which i plan to purchase at blacktopracing.com

One question.
I'm not used to the fiero just yet and it seems to ide strangely.
After it starts, it will idle around 1500-1600
When fully warmed up it will idle around 1k, but every few seconds drop to about 900rpm while the oil pressure drops by about 5-10.
Upon start up the oil pressure will be around 60.
Any thoughts or is this normal?

------------------
Any Oregonians out there?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds normal, somebody here does sell a chip to lower the cold idle.
Oregon88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, thanks.
It is the only Fiero i have ever seen up close and the only one I have driven, so everything is very new to me.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just so you know... posting the same question in two different areas of the forum is a no-no.

I responded to your question in the other thread.
Oregon88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I realized that I posted in the wrong place and tried to delete it but it wouldn't let me. So I figured it would be deleted or moved. I will pay attention to the posting rules!
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, pictures are a must. As posted in your other thread, clean grounds are important. I could not get a fuel pump to work, even after installing a new one. Cleaned all the grounds, no go. But, there was one more ground wire under the center console cover that went to the computer harness.. Looked clean, but cleaned it anyway. The fuel pump worked just fine after that. Good luck with your new to you 88.
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oregon88:
One question.
I'm not used to the fiero just yet and it seems to ide strangely.
After it starts, it will idle around 1500-1600
When fully warmed up it will idle around 1k, but every few seconds drop to about 900rpm while the oil pressure drops by about 5-10.
Upon start up the oil pressure will be around 60.
Any thoughts or is this normal?

I have a rebuilt 2800 in my car and it does the same thing with the exception that my oil pressure is not quite pegged. By the time it runs for a few minutes, it reads like yours does. As long as your oil consumption doesn't look like you have stock in an oil company, I wouldn't worry about it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock