Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Ram that big motor in your fiero !!! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Ram that big motor in your fiero !!! by bigblockfieropacecar
Started on: 01-22-2016 10:59 AM
Replies: 47 (1572 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 02-20-2016 09:30 AM
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are interested in photos of a larger engine installed in a Fiero, here is a 383 stroker with fuel injection installed in a 1988 Mera.

Nelson
IP: Logged
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is another big motor for you. 5.3 LS 4 I installed in a 88 GT

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)
www.fieroking.com

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroking:

Here is another big motor for you. 5.3 LS 4 I installed in a 88 GT

Joe Sokol

Awesome work right there ^ ^ ^

Killer drivetrain too.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 02-17-2016).]

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@dobey and jscott1

I find centripetal force much more stimulating. That's why I build my cars to handle. Power is secondary.

at 22:10 of this video, you'll see me pass a much faster than me WRX in turn 3/4 until my fender rubbed my 315mm wide tire:

Running 300# springs...guess I'll have to switch to 350# on the right side of the car...

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 02-17-2016).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

@dobey and jscott1

I find centripetal force much more stimulating. That's why I build my cars to handle. Power is secondary.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I love motorsports as much as the next person, but I personally don't feel the need to build a race car, but again, that's just me. Not to rain on anyone else's parade though. I would love to have an LS powered Fiero, just because it's an awesome powerplant, but unless and until I can do the swap myself, it won't happen.
bigblockfieropacecar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigblockfieropacecarSend a Private Message to bigblockfieropacecarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

@dobey and jscott1

at 22:10 of this video, you'll see me pass a much faster than me WRX in turn 3/4 until my fender rubbed my 315mm wide tire:

Running 300# springs...guess I'll have to switch to 350# on the right side of the car...

Your video is a great example of why I am lengthening the wheelbase of my fiero.
Do you know if anyone talked about this subject of moving the front wheels forward? If not I will take some pictures and start a new thread.

bigblockfieropacecar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bigblockfieropacecarSend a Private Message to bigblockfieropacecarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bigblockfieropacecar

90 posts
Member since Apr 2014

@dobey and jscott1

Your video is a great example of why I am lengthening the wheelbase of my fiero.
Do you know if anyone talked about this subject of moving the front wheels forward? If not I will take some pictures and start a new thread.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2016 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bigblockfieropacecar:

Archie moved the front suspension on the Muira build forward several inches:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000003.html
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay