Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Hydraulic Electric Power Steering Pumps (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hydraulic Electric Power Steering Pumps by Fiero Vampire
Started on: 01-15-2016 02:27 PM
Replies: 44 (2723 views)
Last post by: Spoon on 02-18-2016 11:00 PM
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Nelson... Can you send me a copy of that schematic?
I'm thinking it would not be too difficult to reverse engineer. Or even build something better, with the technology that is now available.
I'm still not sure I can pull it off, but it might be fun.

Steve,

I just got back to town and shipped you some info that I managed to locate.

Nelson
IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it! Thank you sir!
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been investigating the power steering fluid that is needed for these pumps and found the Vauxhaul pumps use GM93160548 & the MR2 pump uses 08886-01206. Not sure about the Vauxhaul but the MR2 fluid is a bit pricey, checking forums I have found that users of both have used Pentosin CHF202 Hydraulic Fluid as an alternative but doing some research I also found Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Power Steering Fluid as a another alternative.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vampire (edited 02-19-2016).]

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to order this from the Toyota dealer. The parts guy said he never heard of it so I ask what do they use to top off and service the MR2 p/s. He flagged a mechanic and ask and he told me they just use regular p/s fluid. ("how do you spell warranty?)

Anyway I ordered 2 cans / 1 liter each/ and it took 1-1/2 of it to fill the complete system. Bear in mind my pump is in the rear so I had a few feet of hose to fill plus the rack and cooler.

$52.00 a liter at the time and that had to be over 4 years ago.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 02-18-2016).]

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spoon

3762 posts
Member since May 2004
Just found some cheaper. $37.76 / I better stock up.

http://www.toyotapartsdeal....ing~08886-01206.html

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock