Fiero Value by FGT88
Started on: 01-10-2016 04:19 PM
Replies: 111 (2239 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 01-26-2016 09:47 PM
FGT88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FGT88Send a Private Message to FGT88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all my Fiero brothers Mothers etc.etc.
Does anyone that Fiero's will be worth something one day ?????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YES
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2016 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"something" yes but "something" is debatable
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

"something" yes but "something" is debatable

You should run for political office.
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a definite possibility and then again, maybe not.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes
Frazee: 2011, 2014

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call me a hater, but I doubt it ever being worth any more than it is. It never had remarkable performance, and most cars twice as big get better fuel economy now. Its very hard for someone to find a repair shop that will work on it. Its a nice little niche' car for those that like them. Ive never seen one do very well at any big auctions, so theres no collector market for them.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Call me a hater, but I doubt it ever being worth any more than it is. It never had remarkable performance, and most cars twice as big get better fuel economy now. Its very hard for someone to find a repair shop that will work on it. Its a nice little niche' car for those that like them. Ive never seen one do very well at any big auctions, so theres no collector market for them.

robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awwwhhh man ! There goes my motivation, I selling all mine !

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is how it will work.

Value will increase over time. But so will everything else.

Clean V6 models will increase if they are top condition as supplys shrink over time.

It take normally 30 years or more to see much increase in value of any car just as my old Muscle cars as they were all over 30 years before I saw much,

Now with that said there is a collectors market. it is foolish to say other wise as even the Pacer has a collectors market. Now that is not to say it will see Shelby numbers.

The pattern of the Corvair is holding true for this car a they are doing good today in the market. You will not get rich off of one but you can still sell a clean example for a decent price.

Stock originals with the most options will hold better value. The modified cars that are done well and are well documented will do well.

4 cylinder car will lag other than the pace car. The cars that are not modified well or are not in top condition will lag poorly in value.

If you have pactched up rust it will really hurt and any clean no rust car will see some boost in prices.

If you want to buy or invest in a car today I would recommend buying the cleanest and lowest mile original car you can. V6 preferred. As for Modified cars it is a case by case basis. Some are going to gain and some modified car will languish just depending on their content construction and taste.
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by robert1234:

Awwwhhh man ! There goes my motivation, I selling all mine !

But But..... You said nobody wants "notchies"!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure they will, in another 20 years, that's the way it works unless it was a car 40 or 50 years ago. First models of all years will be worth more than just the run of the mill base models. But that goes with condition as well, you ain't going to get what you put into it until then and maybe you will brake even, if the work was perfect.

Think about the Ford Edsel

http://content.time.com/tim...7867_1657781,00.html

it takes a long time for cars that were not all that popular to begin with to become worth more than they cost new.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any time someone lists a Fiero for more than $500 they get blasted here for being "out of their mind". We are our own worst enemy in that regard if we want the value of the Fiero to go up. From what I can tell there are four distinct types of Fiero outside the junkyard:

1. Yard debris. These cars are junk, despite the lies the owners tell themselves about " eventually getting it running ". Potential candidates for a part out, but not much more. Price: less than $500, to restore, probably $10k or more.

2. Terminal projects. A step above yard debris, but usually a baby step. These are the cars whose owners started believing the "get it running" lies. Instead of cluttering up a yard, these cars are usually found cluttering up a garage, frequently in various states of disassembly. Potentially a good buy if you hate yourself and want to fix a project that was such a dead end the seller decided to cut his losses. Buyer beware, there's a REASON it's being sold, and chances are its more than "I just didn't have the time". Price $500-1000, maybe more depending on what comes with it, usually $5000 or more to properly complete the project.

3. Rough and running. These are the second most common car aside from yard debris. They have great features like sunburned paint, torn seats, and tons of other cosmetic issues. Owners may throw a krylon paint job and some seat covers on and tell themselves lies, but these are the most common running Fiero. The good news is they are usually in decent shape mechanically. It's far better to buy a 300k mile daily driver that's never been parked than a 10k mile car that has say for two decades, especially if that downtime was outside. IF the car runs and drives well and IF there is little to no rust, this is a good car to buy. Price: $1500-3000 depending on condition. A proper restoration of a car like this will go $5000-7000 or so.

4. The baby. Well or even meticulously maintained, these cars are in as good or frequently better condition than new. The paint is professionally done and glossy, the interior is nearly flawless, everything works, and the owner looks at you funny if you act like you're going to touch the car. A few original cars fit this criteria, but more commonly these cars have been restored. Restored examples will have any sort of aftermarket upgrades on them, all well done and an improvement over stock. These are rarely seen for sale, and when they are they go for respectable money. Price $8-10k, maybe more depending on the car.

So if you do the math, a GOOD Fiero is a 10k car no matter how you slice it. You can buy a rough Fiero all day for a couple grand, but it will STAY rough (and not be worth much more) until it receives the proper investment.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Sorry, but no stock Fiero is worth $10,000 unless it has a special story. You rarely see one at any auctions and when you do, they dont sell for much. I know LOTS of collectors, some that own museums...and none of them have any interest at all in having a Fiero. There is a place for them as there are people who do love them obviously...just like Pintos and Gremlins. You will never see one go for $50K or even $25K. Modified ones may, depending on whats done to them.

$17,000+, The highest price Ive ever seen for one is the factory built, one off, 4 seater, GM sold a few years back. That was hardly a stock Fiero either.
http://www.barrett-jackson....GT-2And2-COUPE-72042

$5,000+ ,one of the most desired Fieros by fans. Its an 88 V6, black, mint cond, low miles...only thing not perfect is its an automatic. Even signed by Hulki.
http://www.barrett-jackson....C-FIERO-COUPE-101697

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-12-2016).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would think value should peak in the next 10-15 years, as the people who drove them in their high school hey days are currently entering the age to have money and want to reminisce.
But like people mentioned, think Corvair value, not 70 Chevelle 454 value.
One problem is I hear many older folks say they cant drive them because they are too hard to get in and out of, etc...so that can shoot some of the older demographic down, shortening the peak. Oddly it may also even out stick vs auto prices.
These thoughts are just me pondering.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I would think value should peak in the next 10-15 years, as the people who drove them in their high school hey days are currently entering the age to have money and want to reminisce.
But like people mentioned, think Corvair value, not 70 Chevelle 454 value.
One problem is I hear many older folks say they cant drive them because they are too hard to get in and out of, etc...so that can shoot some of the older demographic down, shortening the peak. Oddly it may also even out stick vs auto prices.
These thoughts are just me pondering.

No, you're probably spot on with the exception of the "getting in and out of". There are a hell of a lot of blue-hairs re-living their childhood dreams in plastic Chevys and those are a bigger PITA to get in and out of than a Fiero.

I'm seeing many '88 GT's selling from the mid-teens to as high as 38k. '86 - '87 GT's have also been on a steady climb as of the past few years.

What I really find funny/odd are the people on this site that do a lot of putting down of the car. Either these people don't own a Fiero, use to own a Fiero and don't anymore or shouldn't own a Fiero. Due to their uniqueness these cars will stand the test of time.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fiero is easier to get in and out of then some corvettes. I'll never complain about getting in and out of my Fiero ever again after taking a ride in my friends MG midget. I'm glad he wasn't watching me trying to crawl out of that thing. that is small.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What I really find funny/odd are the people on this site that do a lot of putting down of the car. Either these people don't own a Fiero, use to own a Fiero and don't anymore or shouldn't own a Fiero. Due to their uniqueness these cars will stand the test of time.

I dont get that either.
There will be some who only see it as a platform to modify and make faster / custom.
I guess I like both. We all have our tastes.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dont get that either.
There will be some who only see it as a platform to modify and make faster / custom.
I guess I like both. We all have our tastes.

I really don't have a problem with the modified ones either although I'll never understand why some choose the time bombs they put into them.

I would rather see someone use a less desireable model or a tired one to modify but when I read someone using an '88 GT, I just know that made mine worth more.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What I really find funny/odd are the people on this site that do a lot of putting down of the car.

LOL You've noticed it too? Yeah, there are some who I think actually want Fiero values to remain stagnant, or decline. I don't understand why.

PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

The fiero is easier to get in and out of then some corvettes.

Exactly. The Fiero lacks the tall sidesill most Corvettes have. Makes a BIG difference I think.

Haven't been in a C6 or C7 Corvette so I can't speak for them.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GTgeff has the right idea. some of both. beautiful stock and gorgeous modified under the same roof. he's covered if one kind goes up in value and the other doesn't. should be room in the fiero world for both stock and modified.

I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to a recent article titled 'America's Sports Cars' (There's more to it than the one from Bowling Green) in Hagerty Classic Cars magazine Winter 2015 edition.

.....Another sports car from Pontiac that was gone before its time is the Fiero, a car that got better with each year production. A 1985 Fiero GT coupe sold at Mecum's Kissimmee 2015 auction for $18,360. It looked great in red over silver and gray cloth, with just 1,500 miles from new. It's hard to believe that 30 years have passed since this car was built. Although they don't look exactly contemporary, you could probably pass this off as a 2005 to some of your non-car guy friends. Some cars get better with age, and the Fiero is on that list.

Hmmm

[This message has been edited by I FAR I (edited 01-12-2016).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep to a collector who happens to be at a high visibility auction, a 1500 mile car would probably fetch the premium, or above.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep to a collector who happens to be at a high visibility auction, a 1500 mile car would probably fetch the premium, or above.

In recent years at various auctions '88 GT's have done $35,000.00, $36,000.00, $38,000.00 and there was one in the low 40's but I can't recall the exact number. Miles ranged from 200 to high teens. The 200 mile one is the one that did in the lower 40's.

And for the record, none of them were yellow.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
evidently this guy has the cream of the crop one of a kind brand new 88, well technically it is used, it does have 220 miles or so on it. edit to add anything with over 100 miles on it can't be sold as new, just used and if this one hasn't been titled yet it may be problems.

http://www.autoblog.com/200...gt-on-sale-just-35k/

I am not saying all the Fiero's will never be worth anything, just that it is going to take some more time for the best of what is out there to be worth anything close to what this guy is asking for his. And probably a lot more time than I have left, im 60.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 01-12-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That ^ ^ ^ guy is full of himself.

There are a lot more "new" '88 GT's out there than people think.

But they are almost all at that price range or more.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 01-12-2016).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, but no stock Fiero is worth $10,000 unless it has a special story. [/URL]

I was delighted to find a white Formula 5 speed with 5,200 kilometers (3,231 miles) on it in Feb2008 only 3.5 hours away.
The owner bought it for his son when he was born; when his son grew up, he asked for the Mustang convertible instead.
It was spotless, certified, appraised, serviced and gassed up when I went to pick it up. Showroom condition.

I never expected to find a 'new' Fiero; my favourite of many cars over the years - having had an '84 SE 4 speed since new.
Not really much of a story, but I was happy to pay him $10,000. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat without a second thought about what anyone else might think about the wisdom of the purchase. I just tell people that my 3 Fiero collection is worth about half of a real car. (The '84 & 86 are daily drivers; the '88 - once or twice a week - it has 27,000 kilometers on it now.

I don't have 'em just to look at 'em. The 'value' to me is the enjoyment I get from driving them.

Here's the fleet:

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 01-12-2016).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, but no stock Fiero is worth $10,000 unless it has a special story. You rarely see one at any auctions and when you do, they dont sell for much. I know LOTS of collectors, some that own museums...and none of them have any interest at all in having a Fiero. There is a place for them as there are people who do love them obviously...just like Pintos and Gremlins. You will never see one go for $50K or even $25K. Modified ones may, depending on whats done to them.

$17,000+, The highest price Ive ever seen for one is the factory built, one off, 4 seater, GM sold a few years back. That was hardly a stock Fiero either.
http://www.barrett-jackson....GT-2And2-COUPE-72042

$5,000+ ,one of the most desired Fieros by fans. Its an 88 V6, black, mint cond, low miles...only thing not perfect is its an automatic. Even signed by Hulki.
http://www.barrett-jackson....C-FIERO-COUPE-101697

I know one with a better history that went for near or at $60K.

I also have seen a hand full of low mile 88 GT models go for $10K to 20K over the last couple years. That was more than I ever expected for an off the shelf car.

The 4 seater is not the best looking car and for a show car artificially low for a prototype of any kind.

The bottom line is the car have reached a time where some are selling now for close to what they were new and that is the first step as many never even get there.

Note the prices of similar year Z/28 models and TA's and they are not even doing that well. I saw an ultra low Z sell for 11K and a neighbor with a really nice 2003 Z with all the SLP parts built right with only 17K miles sell for $9K never been in rain.

The Fiero will increase in value but so will everything else but not at the same rate as some cars. only supply and demand control that. To be honest right now many are selling for more than I expected.

The other problem is some folks have some cars they think are really nice but are not really the best example and the prices there will languish. Too many nearly new cars to make a rebuild or home made over a top earner yet.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive seen lots of them with ASKING prices in high teens and 20s, but didnt see any that SOLD for that. The $17.5K was the highest price I found online for one that actually sold. I can ask $40K for my Dodge Caravan too, but guarantee ill never get it. Be lucky to get $1500 and its in great shape with 110K. Like I said, I can find really nice ones all day long for $5-10K. $10K would be an acceptable price for an exceptional and perfect one. At buying one for $10K you were at the peak of what Id pay, but if your happy with it, thats all that counts. I was happy to pay $900 for a piece of chrome trim I needed for my SuperBee.
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ive seen lots of them with ASKING prices in high teens and 20s, but didnt see any that SOLD for that. The $17.5K was the highest price I found online for one that actually sold. I can ask $40K for my Dodge Caravan too, but guarantee ill never get it. Be lucky to get $1500 and its in great shape with 110K. Like I said, I can find really nice ones all day long for $5-10K. $10K would be an acceptable price for an exceptional and perfect one. At buying one for $10K you were at the peak of what Id pay, but if your happy with it, thats all that counts. I was happy to pay $900 for a piece of chrome trim I needed for my SuperBee.

Go to the auctions.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I go to Barrett-Jackson, Mecums and Auburn auctions, plus some other classic ones in the midwest. What ones are you suggesting. Of the ones Ive been to, never seen one go for more than $5-6K in person. At local used car auctions ive never seen one over $1,000. I sold mine at one for $5000 at one myself and it was a V8 low miles (4000), before its first oil change, and all new parts from bumper to bumper. Basicly only the body and frame were original, but it was redone in custom paint. It went with nearly $20k in reciepts.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-13-2016).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is one in maine that sounds like it is priced right where it should be.

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT - $2500 (Rt 1 Scarborough Maine)

Pontiac Fiero GT. Runs great. Ready to drive. Great project car for the winter. Motivated to sell!
Will trade for equal value dirt bike, 125cc or higher.

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/5360765215.html

pictures at the link. Rare cars with under a few hundred miles are not the norm for Fiero's today, auctions are no way to value a car, most auction cars are pristine if low mileage even worth more. How many people have a Fiero worth over 20 K here? Not what you put into it, has been appraised at over 20K today.

I would venture to guess less than 10, if that many, most of us on here have run of the mill Fiero's that have been driven and continue to be driven as daily drivers, not show cars.

edit to add this one,

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/5387092894.html

And others for sale in Maine as well

http://maine.craigslist.org...sort=rel&query=fiero

More from all over the country,

https://www.carsforsale.com...ero-for-sale-C111268

looks like the Steelership still hasn't sold it from that add anyway, that 30K one everyone thinks theirs are worth.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 01-13-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When they use ONE crappy picture and words like "shows its age", "but drives" and "gem" it sure as hell isn't going to be worth anything.

But these could..............

http://boston.craigslist.or.../cto/5354840106.html

http://boston.craigslist.or.../cto/5394163420.html

And what's this about "blue hairs" not being able to get in & out of them......

http://burlington.craigslis.../cto/5383538508.html
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When they use ONE crappy picture and words like "shows its age", "but drives" and "gem" it sure as hell isn't going to be worth anything.

But these could..............

http://boston.craigslist.or.../cto/5354840106.html

http://boston.craigslist.or.../cto/5394163420.html

And what's this about "blue hairs" not being able to get in & out of them......

http://burlington.craigslis.../cto/5383538508.html

And again, what they are advertised for is not always what they sell for, for most of those they will sell for less, many much less.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

And again, what they are advertised for is not always what they sell for, for most of those they will sell for less, many much less.

Well, I can't speak for others but I do frequent the auto auctions as well as keep track of the market (sales) reports.

You show me an unmolested, low mileage GT in excellent condition that is "cheap", I'll be on it and make bank.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem is you are comparing a rare vehicle with all Fiero's, and most people don't buy their cars at auctions. The one car you have maybe worth as much as the 30 K the idiot in my last link wants for his car, the only way he would get that is from someone like Jay Leno or the like. Money to burn so to speak.

Would you give him 30 K for that car, hey it is for sale, low mileage and in showroom condition?

https://www.carsforsale.com...icle/details/9179456

Please take note, that one is $20 K over average price and chances of finding another one are slim

Because I sure as hell wouldn't, hell that's more than I paid for my first home and that was a 3 decker with 1 apartment I lived in and the other apartments paid the small mortgage I had.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 01-13-2016).]

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem is you can't generalize the price of a Fiero. Comparing a yard debris Fiero that is out of a junk yard only for lack of a tow truck to a garage kept low mile car is an apples to oranges comparison. Just because you can point to a Fiero and say "hell, I wouldn't pay more than $1000 for that heap" doesn't mean that ALL Fieros are only worth $1000. Even if you could find a hundred or a thousand that aren't worth $1000 doesn't mean there isn't a car out there that isn't genuinely worth $10-20k.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

The problem is you are comparing a rare vehicle with all Fiero's, and most people don't buy their cars at auctions. The one car you have maybe worth as much as the 30 K the idiot in my last link wants for his car, the only way he would get that is from someone like Jay Leno or the like. Money to burn so to speak.

Would you give him 30 K for that car, hey it is for sale, low mileage and in showroom condition?

https://www.carsforsale.com...icle/details/9179456

Please take note, that one is $20 K over average price and chances of finding another one are slim

Because I sure as hell wouldn't, hell that's more than I paid for my first home and that was a 3 decker with 1 apartment I lived in and the other apartments paid the small mortgage I had.

Steve

I've seen cars like that pull that kind of money.

As for me, several years ago I passed on two new '88 GT's in Texas, one yellow with 5 speed. The reason is, I'd rather have one with between 12,000 and 20,000 miles on it. New ones to me are like the Pilot Vehicle, you just can't/won't/don't want to drive them. Now I have the opposite problem with the black '88 GT I have. At about 40,000 miles, it has too much on it to drive. Anymore miles on a new one or the one I have will hurt its value.

Adding a few miles to one that has 12,000 to 20,000 miles on it isn't going to hurt the value and, if kept up properly, will still show very well.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock