Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  2016 HOT ROD POWER TOUR Registration opens up Jan. 11 (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
2016 HOT ROD POWER TOUR Registration opens up Jan. 11 by E.Furgal
Started on: 12-29-2015 10:19 AM
Replies: 89 (1828 views)
Last post by: Cajun on 06-24-2016 03:26 PM
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott, sorry to hear that you will not be making the entire tour but understand your situation. Hope to see you on either Gonzales or Baytown.

IP: Logged
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This week I went ahead and registered as a long hauler and spent the better part of Wednesday night booking all my hotels. Its a 12hr drive to the first venue for me, so I am planning to drive most of the way down on Friday and get within 2-4 hrs of Gonzales, Louisiana.

Now I just have to determine what upgrades I want to get done before the tour and which ones to do after.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just registered for Long Hauler, now it's time to get serious about getting the car ready.

FYI, blakeinspace and I are planning on spending a day or two in NOLA before the start of the HRPT, come join us if you can.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2016 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The routes to/from each city is out. Total distance 1302.5 miles.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many PFF members are going to be going the distance, long hauler's?
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2016 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't be going till 2017,
The plan was to go this year, but wife wanted to go back to Hawaii for our 10 wedding anv. So.. that ate vaca time, and the funds for the truck.. my health didn't help the cause..
And when I do, it'll be in my 71 c-10.. and no hotels.. camping/ruff'n it..
I'm hoping to talk my dad into going with me.. and a few things stop me from taking the INDY.
1) no overdrive, and high rpm and small fuel tank
2)seats and long drives, I'd have no problem, same can't be said for dad..
3) no space to put much.. and the cost to have hotels all 8-9 nights cost to much..
as they tend to start and stop far from here.. it be most likely 9 days, so most likely a hotel on night 1-4-9..
4) the truck can tow the pop up camper.. tho. I don't trust the camper axle and tiny tires for that length travel.. I'd most likely stuff a small truck (s-10/ranger/) or mini van dumby axle under it for better bearings and tires..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 05-30-2016).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2016 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Count down

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 05-30-2016).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2016 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Drag Week here FTW

Ohio, Michigan, And Indiana! Woo Hoo!!!!!

On bucket list..
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2016 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I have done the Power Tour 05, 07, 09,10,11 and 15. The first five in my 87 GT or 88 GT. The 2015 I drove my Hyundai Tucson.

Lots of driving. I'd have to think long and hard for 2015. It would be a two day drive for me to get to the first stop, but that many days in a Fiero, at my age, gets rather cramped. I have wanted to stop in at Gas Monkey Garage in Dallas and I have an old friend in Kansas City. You need some deep pockets figuring $100+/day minimum for hotels, food and fuel.

This is why I'm hoping dad will want to go,, 2 drivers, one can take photo's video, etc.. and split the cost.. Only way it happens next year is if, my health gets better.. and I (we) ruff it camping most nights..
as no way I can swing 8-9 nights of hotels.. (Start and stop tend to be far away)
If I was to go in my INDY (not going to happen) I'd put 3rd or 4th gen trans am seats in. as they are 1000x better for long drives.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2016 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012
For those that might get to the start early, the vets love this it seems
Veterans Home Car Show

We are scheduled to appear at the SW Louisiana Veterans Retirement Home located in Reserve Louisiana on Friday June 10th from 2:PM to 4:30 PM. This location is about 30 miles east of Gonzales. The retirement home can house up to 158 vets and as of Monday there were 146 currently living on location. I spoke with Ms Hebert, activities director. and they are delighted to have us come. There is plenty of parking area around this location and indicated to her that she could expect 30 cars +/-. I'm hoping for a really big turn out.

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Thanks Dave!
For those putting together info here is what I believe the address to be:
4080 W Airline Hwy, Reserve, LA 70084
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2016 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012
LONG HAULERS might want to get together for a photo in front of the Hot Rod bus.. and send it in for the calendar if one is done for 2017
PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2016 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

How many PFF members are going to be going the distance, long hauler's?

I will be in Gonzales on Saturday, and Baytown on Sunday.... WITHOUT MY CAR... then flying home

Riding worth some friends from Canada in a White VW Rabbit and blue Cobalt SS.

We will be on Burbon Street Friday night
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

I will be in Gonzales on Saturday, and Baytown on Sunday.... WITHOUT MY CAR... then flying home

Riding worth some friends from Canada in a White VW Rabbit and blue Cobalt SS.

We will be on Burbon Street Friday night

HELL YEAH SCOTT!!!

Me and Tom will be in the French Quarter on Thurs/Fri... Driving to Gonzales on Saturday to pick up badges and attend drivers meeting.

We must meet up. Glad to hear mayonnaise is making it too...

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer? ...............
@NorthTexasFiero , friend us on FB: North Texas Fieros , www.northtexasfieroclub.org

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 06-01-2016).]

KMFDMFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is OFFICIAL for me now but I can only do a one day at Gonzales for the kick off. That location is about a 2 hour drive from my house. Going to leave early Saturday morning to make registration.

This will be my first "long drive" with my 88 GT since I got it in 2012 and started to restore it. I've spent hours in traffic and driven 60+ miles around to local shows but no extended highway spends of 70 mph for more than 15-20 minutes. I have a nervous confidence...

It will be fun to meet up and see everyone.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
KMFDMFAN,

Glad to see you will be making the Gonzales stop. If you recall we met about 2 years ago at Crusin the Coast in Gulfport. Hope to see you in Gonzales. Oh, by the way I will be making Crusin the Coast again in October.

Mike
KMFDMFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes sir I remember. You had the Fiero with some tricked out electronic accessories.

You also told me about "Plasti-Aid" I believe. I ordered some recently to fix/reinforce my center console skeleton but haven't started yet. Maybe I'll get on that after my battery relocate.

I'll be at Cruisin' too.

See ya there.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2016 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone pm me your cell number and I will get it out to everyone that gives me theirs do we can all meet up in Gonzales
KMFDMFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott you have a PM.

Is it my understanding that we pick up our registration and sticker somewhere off-site and then drive to the event location?

Does anyone know where that is yet?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2016 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KMFDMFAN:

Is it my understanding that we pick up our registration and sticker somewhere off-site and then drive to the event location?

Does anyone know where that is yet?

Registration at Lamar Dixon Expo Center, 4H Bldg, 9039 S St Landry Ave, Gonzales, LA 70737

It is open Friday as well as Saturday.

https://www.raceit.com/imag...16_Event_Details.pdf
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2016 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody here?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2016 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am! (staying in Baton Rouge)

Drove roughly 775 miles today only stopping for gas!
PFF
System Bot
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully will arrive at the Lamar Center about 11 or so. Pretty much depends on the traffic on I10 heading in.
KMFDMFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm leaving Gulfport around 9:30 or 10. should put me there around 12-12:30
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake and I should arrive around 12:30ish
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where was everybody at? Only saw one Fiero and it was a white one with Texas plates. I had to leave the venue about 3:30 due the fact my brother was called back to work.

I would like to meet up with the group at Duson on Hwy 90. Just let me know what time you guys will be rolling through.

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I am missing this years after doing parts of the last two. Here are some pictures from Scott from Facebook. Have fun everyone.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-11-2016).]

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mrfred8, thanks for sharing. That last photo is of my 86 GT.

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2016 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By my count there were 7 Fieros at Gonzales, but I didn't get pictures of all of them. 4 of them were collected by pavilion 6.

This one was on the other side of the venue and had 38K original miles (1 family car):

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 06-11-2016).]

KMFDMFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2016 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had a blast! It was great finally putting faces to screen names. Too bad the rain showers and losing my A/C half way to the event.

... and OH MAN! I REALLY need a paint job.

Thanks to MrFred8 and Guru for the pics
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2016 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today 4 Fieros were able to caravan most of the way from Gonzales, LA to Baytown, TX. Here are a few pics I snapped while my cell phone was in its GPS holder:

By the time we got to Baytown, there had been heavy rain for a while and everyone was packing up and trying to leave. It was a mad house, but we got our long hauler cards time stamped and then spent an hour or so just hanging out under the grandstands staying dry while waiting for the traffic jam to clear.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2016 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today was unfreaking believable to say the least.
Big thanks goes to fieroguru for getting me back on the road when my car overheated and nail in the tire.

Had one more problem when my strut decided to come thru the decklid side crates. Will have to deal with that problem tomorrow.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 06-13-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2016 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today we were at Circuit of the Americas. Considering some of the events from previous days, today was rather uneventful. We left about on time, met up with a few more fieros:

Stopped for lunch:

Parked together at the venue:

Drove on the track:

And met up with 3.4turbo and his LS4 swapped Fiero as we staged for the track lap. He allowed us to sneak into line ahead of him, so there were 5 fieros driving the track together and 3 of them were LS4 Fieros!

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 06-14-2016).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2016 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroguru

12112 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Today Blake and I stopped at the Whitley Dam for a photo op - this amount of water flow is a bit unusual.

We also got some pics of our Fieros in front of the bus. Here is mine:

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 06-14-2016).]

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 2016 HRPT is sadly over... It stared with a lot of rain and ended with a lot of heat (100 degrees in KC).

5 Fieros set out to be long haulers and all 5 made it to the finish!
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

It was great fun long hauling with blakeinspace, Tom Slick, Cajun, and gtoformula. While there were a few car issues and some early delays, they all were relatively minor and didn't require any of us to join the Plan B or Plan C clubs like this person:

Let's try to get a few more Long Haul Fieros next year!

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 06-18-2016).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent pics and trip report Paul! I am very glad to have spent a week in your company and running with Mr Cajun Mike too. A lot of great memories, events, and meals shared. Travel safe home friend.
Lunatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

today was unfreaking believable to say the least.
Big thanks goes to fieroguru for getting me back on the road when my car overheated and nail in the tire.

Had one more problem when my strut decided to come thru the decklid side crates. Will have to deal with that problem tomorrow.

That's what life is all about, helping each other out. Kudo's to Paul for assisting another fellow enthusiast. On another note: I wish to get to the next HRPT event. Until then, I have to live through your eyes.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Paul stated 'sadly it's over'. I had a great time meeting you guys and running with you'll. It was great to finally people on the forum and spend some time with them.

My thanks to Blake for keeping me pointed in the right directions when it came to hotel locations.

Hope all have a safe trip home Blake, Tom, Paul. I for one truly enjoyed the experience.

Mike

[This message has been edited by Cajun (edited 06-18-2016).]

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great bonding experience, I enjoy trials and tribulations of traveling with Fieros in numbers. Blake thanks for handling all the hotel accommodations, Mike glad to see you again hope see you at some Fiero events, and last but not least. Paul a big thank you goes out to you for getting my Fiero back on the road. Otherwise I still be in Louisiana waiting for a tow truck. I still want to buy dinner next time we're together, just make sure you don't order anything off the $1 menu. Lol!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:
Hope all have a safe trip home Blake, Tom, Paul. I for one truly enjoyed the experience.

Mike

Yes indeed. Good memories.
I will keep you apprised of Ruckus plans as they are created.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2016 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to be in the long haul club some year. Still have to figure out the logistics of that with 3 kids under 5 years old, lol. I think my wife might kill me if I was gone for a week. Looks like everyone had a good time.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors