Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  2016 HOT ROD POWER TOUR Registration opens up Jan. 11 (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
2016 HOT ROD POWER TOUR Registration opens up Jan. 11 by E.Furgal
Started on: 12-29-2015 10:19 AM
Replies: 89 (1828 views)
Last post by: Cajun on 06-24-2016 03:26 PM
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2015 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rumor from Edelbrock's website has it spending two days in TX, then north through KS, NE, ending in Iowa. A hint, I guess.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drag Week here FTW

Ohio, Michigan, And Indiana! Woo Hoo!!!!!
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2015 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of you that like to autocross registration is open for Cars and Cones

Road Trip - Cars & Cones 2016
May 2 - May 6, 2016
Featuring four autocross events in five days, along with a scenic cruise route and organized social activities each day, The Road Trip captures all of the driving elements that appeal to true grassroots automotive enthusiasts. Each day of the event will start with a 100-200 mile cruise, followed by five hours of autocross, finishing up with a dinner and after party. More than $70,000 in performance parts will be raffled off during the event.

http://www.fm3roadtrip.com/
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2015 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The tour stop in St.Louis this year was awesome! If your around any city they have on the list don't sit at home.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The stops are out

Looks like a very Texas Power Tour.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Effn SWEET!!!
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2016 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been on the tour the past 7 years. I am up in the air about this year.

But if anyone needs help with planning our needs info, PLEASE ASK. Great event, you will meet great people and have a blast anywhere you go.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2016 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting, but Arrowhead stadium, where the Kansas City Chiefs play, is in Missouri.

Kevin
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2016 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Interesting, but Arrowhead stadium, where the Kansas City Chiefs play, is in Missouri.

Kevin

On top of that, the Royals are at home on that date.... Don't the Royals and Chiefs share parking lots? There might not be enough room for all the cars.

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2016 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excited for this!

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2016 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

On top of that, the Royals are at home on that date.... Don't the Royals and Chiefs share parking lots? There might not be enough room for all the cars.

I was wondering of a possibility of a Royals home game. Yes they are pretty much connected in one big complex so that could turn in to a huge mess. Now if it is an earlier day game, the tour usually pulls in the evening so it might work out.

Kevin

Edit to add, I see they are playing Detroit but haven't found the time yet.

Edit again, see on another site time TBA.

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 01-08-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2016 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the registration site is now showing Kansas Speedway as the location.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2016 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Looks like the registration site is now showing Kansas Speedway as the location.

That makes more sense. More to do in the area also. Legends West Mall which has a Dave and Busters, and a T-Rex Café along with other eating places. Cabela's is near by, and plenty of other eating place all right there close.

Kevin
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2016 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some venues have changed since the printing in the magazine picture above.

I have booked hotels but am unsure if I can/want to attend this year. ALL ARE BOOKS WITH CANCELLATION OPTION. New job started in December. PM me if you want my list to try to book together.

Here is the link to the Hot Rod site and registration site.

http://www.hotrod.com/event...tration-opens-early/

June 11 – Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales, Louisiana
June 12 – Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, Texas
June 13 – Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas
June 14 – Traders Village, Grand Prairie, TX
June 15 – Remington Park in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
June 16 – Kansas Pavilion in Wichita, Kansas
June 17 – Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, Kansas

Pre-Registration: https://www.raceit.com/Register/?event=35468

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 01-20-2016).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2016 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have done the Power Tour 05, 07, 09,10,11 and 15. The first five in my 87 GT or 88 GT. The 2015 I drove my Hyundai Tucson.

Lots of driving. I'd have to think long and hard for 2015. It would be a two day drive for me to get to the first stop, but that many days in a Fiero, at my age, gets rather cramped. I have wanted to stop in at Gas Monkey Garage in Dallas and I have an old friend in Kansas City. You need some deep pockets figuring $100+/day minimum for hotels, food and fuel.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 01-11-2016).]

NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've missed it the last 3 years it came close to us. I won't miss it this year.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have been waiting for the official announcement since the end of Power Tour 2015. I'm in for the entire run this year, can't hardly wait for the event to begin.

Let's roll........
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2016 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

Some venues have changed since the printing in the magazine picture above.

I have booked hotels but am unsure if I can/want to attend this year. ALL ARE BOOKS WITH CANCELLATION OPTION. New job started in December. PM me if you want my list to try to book together.

Here is the link to the Hot Rod site and registration site.

http://www.hotrod.com/event...tration-opens-early/

June 11 – Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales, Louisiana
June 12 – Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, Texas
June 13 – Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas
June 14 – LOCATION TO BE ANNOUNCED, Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
June 15 – Remington Park in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
June 16 – Kansas Pavilion in Wichita, Kansas
June 17 – Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, Kansas

Pre-Registration: https://www.raceit.com/Register/?event=35468

June 14th venue updated.. Traders Village, Grand Prairie, TX
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2016 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who all is planning on going on the full tour and coming through Wichita? I live in Wichita so I'd like to open my doors that evening to all that are coming through so we could chill and grab dinner, and talk Fiero things. If anyone wants to crash at my house too, my door is open!

Let me know.

Thanks,
Amir

------------------

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amir, I am planning on doing the long haul. I'd like to take you up on the offer!

Why don't you come down to DFW and then roll with the tour back home?

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer? ...............
@NorthTexasFiero , friend us on FB: North Texas Fieros , www.northtexasfieroclub.org

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 01-21-2016).]

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2016 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Amir, I am planning on doing the long haul. I'd like to take you up on the offer!

Why don't you come down to DFW and then roll with the tour back home?

Blake,
It will all depend on work schedule with me. I will know more as the time gets closer, but I think OKC is going to be my best bet. Figure leave Tuesday night to catch it that morning when I wake up. Send me a message on Facebook and we can connect. If you want to crash at my house, I have a couple of couches and a nice comfy basement carpeted floor haha. Anyone else from the Texas area coming with you or bringing their cars?

-Amir

PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chances are better looking like I might be there.. Lined up a Copilot.. Just need time of now.. Won't know til mid April or So...

Also got to figure out looseness in rear end, a/c issue that started on tour last year.. And now clunking in the front end (thinking that is a shock or sway bar link from a pot hole)
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott,
Good to hear that your chances have improved that you will be participating in the tour. I have registered and hotel reservations are in place.

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

Scott,
Good to hear that your chances have improved that you will be participating in the tour. I have registered and hotel reservations are in place.

Are you booked at since of the same ones I sent you? Expensive or cheap?
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some are the same, others were not. Example, most hotels around the Royal Purple facility were booked. Went for the cheapies as I was only gonna crash for a few hours anyway at the various stops.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's get a list of who plans to be at each stop..

gtoformula - longhaul
Cajun - long haul
Fieroguru - long haul
Tom Slick - long haul
Blakeinspace - long haul
Ltlgt88 (myself) - long haul, if work always time off....This is my 8th your in a row, 6th long haul

Who else and where?

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 03-10-2016).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan to go to all 7 this year!
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I plan to go to all 7 this year!

You got hotels? Pm me your list, or I can send you mine.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know there is not going?

How bout got his from Kansas that I met in Stillwater in 2012? Or my cruising buddy's from Texas from last year?
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

I know there is not going?

How bout got his from Kansas that I met in Stillwater in 2012? Or my cruising buddy's from Texas from last year?

How could your cruising buddies from Texas not make it, it's in our backyard. We're planning on doing the whole thing, we're probably going to start a couple days earlier in New Orleans.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

How could your cruising buddies from Texas not make it, it's in our backyard. We're planning on doing the whole thing, we're probably going to start a couple days earlier in New Orleans.

Send me a pm with some phone numbers and names. We all need to hook up a day or two for cruising. I will have my canopy again
PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be attending from OKC to KC. I of course live in Wichita, KS, so anyone looking to meet up and have a place to crash or hang out at, are welcome to my house for a nice relaxing evening, maybe BBQ, etc take a group photo of all the cars. My house and doors are open. Would be awesome to put a name with a face!!

Let me know guys.

-Amir

PM me and we can exchange phone numbers, etc so we can get a group chat going closer to the event.

------------------

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rare87GT

5046 posts
Member since Oct 2001
ltlgt88, did you meet a guy on last year's Power Tour that had a beautiful Ford Capri? I saw him at a local car show and he thought I was you I believe with a power window issue that was being fixed during rain? Was that you? Kind of a funny story he was telling me, then I was like what in the world is this guy talking about when I explained it wasn't me!

-Amir
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2016 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

ltlgt88, did you meet a guy on last year's Power Tour that had a beautiful Ford Capri? I saw him at a local car show and he thought I was you I believe with a power window issue that was being fixed during rain? Was that you? Kind of a funny story he was telling me, then I was like what in the world is this guy talking about when I explained it wasn't me!

-Amir

I know the story.. That was me... That was 2012..going into Champaign . Regulator on passanger window was going bad. After tearing apart the door and center counsel changing switches, and trying to hot wire ensures to get up, ask if took was a couple of bangs with a screw driver to the motor and it went up. Wasn't raining get but was going to. Started raining 5 miles down the road... Disconnected window and it stayed up the rest of the trip, good thing ac worked for my copilot.

BBQ sounds good, I am putting a list together of everyone's hotels one phone numbers and emails,.. Pm your info, as we get close we will all book up for something.

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 03-07-2016).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in for long haul and party in NOLA before the event!
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
List updated above
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to say but looks like i might be out for this year. I got a new job at the end of the year and couldn't put time in for the trip tel i past my 90 days. As of right now I can not get the whole week off, and with the start and end being so far away from home, it would not be worth doing a partial trip.

If something changes i will keep you posted. There is a small hope, but very small

Hope you can all hook up and have a blast. Hope to see you all in 2017

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2016 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am 100% out for long haul and having my Fiero on Power Tour this year.

You guys may see me in Gonzales and Houston. I am going to ride with a friend down there, and then fly home.

I will try to find you guys and say HI

Hope you can all hook up and do some cruising together!

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to read this Scott... But totally understandable. Unless one is retired and if modest means... HPT can really be a trial of money and logistics
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a money issue

Got a new job in December and couldn't put in for time off Til Match and only 4 people in my department can be of at once. And I couldn't get the whole week.

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 04-05-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock