Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Are the new Hellcat commercials every bit as good as the old Fiero commercials? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Are the new Hellcat commercials every bit as good as the old Fiero commercials? by Thunderstruck GT
Started on: 12-27-2015 03:18 PM
Replies: 40 (528 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 12-29-2015 01:18 PM
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like the old "Pontiac Excitement" commercials made me go out and buy a new Pontiac, Dodge is trying hard to reel me in.

Man I miss the old "Excitement" years.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd take the Dodge over any GM car any day. As a matter of fact, I'd buy ANY brand other than GM today.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I'd take the Dodge over any GM car any day. As a matter of fact, I'd buy ANY brand other than GM today.

LOL!

I like your thinking.

But I would say "over any newer GM vehicle".
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you enjoy 'Pontiac Excitement' but need a new car, check out Mazda and Subaru. Closest thing left, AND no GM Engineering and build issues.

Go drive a new Dodge. You'll run away screaming.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I shouldn't say that I wouldn't buy any car from GM. The only vehicles that I would buy are the G8 or the new CTS-V.
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you need a 1971 Pinto .. LOL
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

If you enjoy 'Pontiac Excitement' but need a new car, check out Mazda and Subaru. Closest thing left, AND no GM Engineering and build issues.

Go drive a new Dodge. You'll run away screaming.

I love our Mazda.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually, I shouldn't say that I wouldn't buy any car from GM. The only vehicles that I would buy are the G8 or the new CTS-V.

You wouldn't want a C6 or C7 Corvette Z06, or C6 ZR1?

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the point about commercials. Neither are anything memorable like the old Bad to the Bone Buick GN commercials they used to have.

As for the HellCat it is nothing but engine.

I would rather wait for the new Camaro ZL1 or Z/28 as there is more to life than just doing burn outs in over weight pigs.

I would recommend driving a new Camaro before you start saying no GM. The new car is unlike any advancement of any platform we have seen from one gen to another by anyone. Quote from Automobile magazine editor and non Camaro guy.

Times have changed and GM is making a large transformation one product at a time.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Uh.... NO

Originally posted by hyperv6:
As for the HellCat it is nothing but engine.

And your point is?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

I'll be honest, I don't like any Corvette because they are cookie-cutter cars. Everyone has one, they all look the same, and most people just jump on the bandwagon just to say they own a piece of GM "heritage".
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-27-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:
And your point is?

Buy just the engine, and drop it in an 80s Shelby Daytona?
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 12-27-2015).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2015 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You better enjoy this stuff while it's still around, including our Fiero's. Have a feeling it won't be too long before internal combustion engines are considered evil and it will be illegal to own one. That or they will put some many taxes on them, that only the really rich will be able to own them.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll be honest, I don't like any Corvette because they are cookie-cutter cars. Everyone has one, they all look the same, and most people just jump on the bandwagon just to say they own a piece of GM "heritage".

Could always slap a widebody kit on a Vette and some decals..
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steel

1255 posts
Member since Apr 2011

Originally posted by California Kid:

You better enjoy this stuff while it's still around, including our Fiero's. Have a feeling it won't be too long before internal combustion engines are considered evil and it will be illegal to own one. That or they will put some many taxes on them, that only the really rich will be able to own them.

Sometimes I feel this way, then I realize how the oil industry rules the entire world and I don't see that changing, in my lifetime at least.. stored energy continues to be a joke. Most of which is charged from crude oil still anyway. Speaking of, I found it hilarious to see a Prius being recharged by a Honda generator the other morning..

I do think strict regulations on speeding/freedoms while driving etc.. are about to be enforced. Everyone will be tracked and fined real-time by satellite, and if you're caught without the GPS unit onboard you'll face major fines/charges.

Just for laughs.. similar to what I mentioned above:

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And your point is?

My point is build a better package with a better car not just an engine that is so limited that it matters little.

At a time Sergio should be giving Chrysler and Dodge a new lighter better and modern car we get an engine that was a left over project from several years ago. Good for headlines but not saving the company. FCA is going down by the nose while Sergio fiddles looking over Alfa and lets Chrysler and Dodge lack in new products.

The Hell Cat will be remembered for the Hail Mary pass that failed if they do not start funding the rest of Chrysler like they have Jeep.

I would never buy a Chrysler with what they have to offer now. Too many old products, too many recalls and too many better things else where.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6000 posts
Member since Mar 2003

You sound as if you never drove a Z06 in anger.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6000 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Then watch it break in half LOL!
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6000 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by California Kid:

While some here think you may be crazy or joking I know you are not.

I just read a interview with Fred Simmons of Pontiac Motorsports and he pretty much said the same thing is what he is envisioning,

The fact is there is a great move to take your car and your ability to move as you like in this country. Global Warming and Emissions is a new way that people can render power to control of people and economies. While we do need to clean things up in some areas other are wanting to take control with the laws and regulation. Some are trying to do it through even global organizations like the UN.

The ICE is under major attack and it may be in out life time that we may face the ability to own one may be taken away. Like you said they will tax it to death to the point few will own one or be able to even drive one.

Too few outside the auto industry really understand how dire things are for new products. We already are seeing how larger models and V8 models will be priced higher to limit sales. At one time the V8 was the most common engine now it is the 4 cylinder. This really is the best of times and the worst of times.

Kid I know where you work and the words you post here are not just opinion. I hope others take heed of them.

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any documentation of this or is it speculation?

I would never buy a Chrysler with what they have to offer now. Too many old products, too many recalls and too many better things else where.

Let's keep in mind that GM recently revamped their lineup after years of failure and only time will tell if their new products fall into their famous status quo.

And what's this about "recalls"!?!?

PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old timely dude a long time ago: "Someday, there won't be no mo horse and buggies , that automobile thingie will be everywhere!

All they'll say our horse engines pollute the roads(with poop) and atmosphere! "

Gas engines in most cars 20 years from now? I don't know...
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's keep in mind that GM recently revamped their lineup after years of failure and only time will tell if their new products fall into their famous status quo.

And what's this about "recalls"!?!?

A hell cat in a 80's Daytona?? Do I really have to post proof a 700 HP RWD engine in a crappy K car based FWD is not a good idea.

Hell the engine is worth more than the car.

If you are going to do it at least get an older Daytona or even Challenger and drop it in that.

As for recalls everyone is recalling just about anything because of the publicity. But on the other hand Chryslers are losing transmissions and other issues mostly bases on the lack of money from Fiat to fix things right. Even Fiat has one of the worst ratings out there now.

Here is the issue. My inlaws buy a new 300. Nice car and they got it for the price of a mid sized FWD from anyone else since it is discounted so much. I has been recalled repeatedly and has had some issue already with only a year on it.,

My 08 Bu no issues other than a tire pressure sensor that is shared with many other MFG.

The 12 Terrain no issue other than a cylinder strut that was fixed under warranty and it too is a private supplier that sells them to most other brands.

My HHR SS no issues.

My past GTP I did have an intake gasket leak.

My SSEI no issue

My GMC Sonoma. One Alternator

My S10 just a Throttle position sensor after 120 K miles.

My parents GM cars no issues other than a cam in a 78 Buick note they had 16 new GM cars over 25 years.

Were GM cars perfect no they did have their issue just as Ford and Chrysler and even Honda and Toyota. I have worked on them all and show you problems with them all. Was GM the worst Not even close in most models.

All the Auto MFG were hurting for money in the 70's - 90's and some later models None of them were perfect. At lest for running GM has been one of the better ones and cheaper to fix.

Even today you can see a great number of GM cars 25 years old still on the road while so many of the others are just not around. I wish I had a nickel for ever smoking 4 cylinder Mini van and K car Chrysler built.

Fairs fair I fully agree GM has had issues and could easily list them but Chrysler has and still is not the model company you appear to think it is. Also the imports are not with out their own sin too, Toyota with their truck rusting in half in less than 12 years and I mean in half is just a little of what is documented and has been seen.

NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have a 13 challenger v6. I've been in a hemi and a hellcat. We drove a camaro, we didn't like it at all. Drove the challenger, fell in love. The wife wanted a camaro for years, until she drove it. It was just as rough as our fieros and she handed the keys over and never looked back.
Our v6 is plenty for her to drive to work. I'd take a hellcat if I could. If someone handed me keys to a new vette, I'd turn around and sell it before I ever started it. They just have never done anything for me.
I can't speak about the new mustangs as I've never been in one.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2015 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're right. I'd rather put it in a Fiero so I can watch it burn to the ground.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well this thread WAS about the commercials.

All I got to say about all the pro GM banter is.... GM is losing customers.... to DEATHS.

Last I checked it was 127 comfirmed to date and all GM can say is "it's the cusomer's fault".

Screw GM!

Oh and for the "what it's worth" file, the tranny works just fine in my Magnum Wagon and its gas engine doesn't sound like a diesel from GM piston slap.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally can't wait until an electric swap becomes the standard engine swap into a Fiero...and it out-does the performance of the standard 3800SC swap today...
I still driver a Fiero daily because of the way it drives. Had a 2015 Charger rental last year and it shifted poorly and was a boat in general. I don't like driving boats.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

I still driver a Fiero daily because of the way it drives. Had a 2015 Charger rental last year and it shifted poorly and was a boat in general. I don't like driving boats.

And that's fine, whatever floats one's boat.

But people shouldn't bash a vehicle solely based on GM bias or jealousy.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2015 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Boats are fine to drive… on the water. Especially when they have 600 HP powering the propeller.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's cold hard fact right there. ^ ^ ^
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well this thread WAS about the commercials.

All I got to say about all the pro GM banter is.... GM is losing customers.... to DEATHS.

Last I checked it was 127 comfirmed to date and all GM can say is "it's the cusomer's fault".

Screw GM!

Oh and for the "what it's worth" file, the tranny works just fine in my Magnum Wagon and its gas engine doesn't sound like a diesel from GM piston slap.

Now first off people die in them all.

As for the ignition deal you also need to take in account the drivers that were drunk, on drugs, speeding and unbelted. There were even one I know of that was unbelted and had a medical emergency.

If you take the time to look at the details many if not most of them contributed to their deaths.

Even if the key went off the car still steered, The brakes still had enough power assist to stop and if someone had any wits about them they would just hit neutral and restart the car.

This is not even taking into account the large key rings that created the issue in most of the cases to start with.

I would not put the killing too hard as there have been many burned and burned to death in the jeeps with tank issues. They fixed it by adding a hitch? Nice.

As for the GM ignition issue I looked into the first 13 and only two could be not confirmed that the drive or passenger contributed to their deaths. Yet GM paid out because they would have had much higher legal cost to win. That I how it is anymore in this country. The one girl was 2 time the limit, 63 miles an hour in a 25 Zone drove off the dead end of the street and hit a tree with no belt. An air bag is not going to save you from that.

Same for the 3 girls that crashed. Again speed, Under the influence and no belts. The girl in the back seat got a settlement because she died but with a belt on she would have walked away.

Hater will just hate as they never really look into the details in much of this and the media just only give part of the story.

This time it was GM, before it was Toyota, several times it was Chrysler and Ford. I would not get to high and mighty about any one company as their turn is coming again.

If you took all the claimed GM deaths and took all the people out that were not belted and or under the influence the number would be very small. Few of these were legit. But if GM fights it they pay the price in the media and pay the price in legal fees. Even if you win you lose.

PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6000 posts
Member since Mar 2003

And that's fine, whatever floats one's boat.

But people shouldn't bash a vehicle solely based on GM bias or jealousy.

I hope you have noticed the new Camaro and New Mustang are so far ahead in all areas that they do not even test the Dodge with them anymore. Most said in the last comparison it finished third to the old car and there was no point in putting it up against the new cars.

Even the media is giving a Dodge a break here as they are just too old and heavy.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hyperv6

6000 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Boats are fine to drive… on the water. Especially when they have 600 HP powering the propeller.

But many small light outboards will leave a big block inboard out board in its wake.

It is not how much power you have but how much you can use. Today also it matter more about go, turn and stop now not just being some dope smoking some expensive tires.

Just adding more power and bigger tires is not what you call refinement.

Besides what are they going to do when they kill the Hemi if reported correctly in 2018?

The Hell Cat was an old program Fiat brought back to give them some attention. Now the other new competitors are out it will be soon forgotten. Fiat has no real love for Dodge or they would have already given them a new RWD and updated V8. If things do not change soon you will have to move on as there will not be a Dodge just as there is no Plymouth.

They already are sticking a fork in the Viper as there is no love there from Fiat and sales have not been good.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 12-28-2015).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope you have noticed the new Camaro and New Mustang are so far ahead in all areas that they do not even test the Dodge with them anymore. Most said in the last comparison it finished third to the old car and there was no point in putting it up against the new cars.

Even the media is giving a Dodge a break here as they are just too old and heavy.

LOL

Let's see them put GM's pampered one, the Vette, up against the Viper, the Ford GT or better yet the V6 Ford GT in an unbiased 1 on 1 test.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thunderstruck GT

2664 posts
Member since Oct 2015
As far as the Hellcat and its reliability reputation goes, I guess no one wants to ask the new COPO owners how their Camaro is doing.
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to the topic though, I do love the commercials for dodge now. I remember seeing the pontiac ones when I was a kid an enjoyed those as well.
And, I was able to attend a motley crue concert that was sponsored by dodge and gas monkey. Got a pic of the guys that play the dodge brothers in front of my challenger. Pretty cool stuff!
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEVERDONE:

Back to the topic though, I do love the commercials for dodge now. I remember seeing the pontiac ones when I was a kid an enjoyed those as well.
And, I was able to attend a motley crue concert that was sponsored by dodge and gas monkey. Got a pic of the guys that play the dodge brothers in front of my challenger. Pretty cool stuff!

Awesome! Very cool indeed!

Thanks for putting this back OT.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2015 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On topic, the best commercial for Dodge is the [i}Roadkill[/i] show from Motor Trend. Dodge sponsors the show and gave them a Hellcat that was destined for the crusher, which got gutted and a lot of the parts transferred into a '68 Charger instead.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL

Let's see them put GM's pampered one, the Vette, up against the Viper, the Ford GT or better yet the V6 Ford GT in an unbiased 1 on 1 test.

Better do it soon with the Viper as they are killing it because it is selling so well.

The Ford GT is going to be all carbon and $450,000 it had better our run it.

God this is like shooting fish in a barrel. LOL!
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dodge is aiming square at the market Pontiac SHOULD have been marketed to. The problem is their cars are oversized, overweight, and poorly built. They look nicer than they really are. A properly run Pontiac would kill Dodge's current lineup with the following cars:

G8 (or other RWD V8 4 door)
GTO -- mid size two door... Same platform as G8, sold as a true Grand Tourer car, potentially competing with BMW and Mercedes
Firebird -- Pony car. Offer traditional V8 or turbo 6
Fiero or Solstice-- either one, not both. Two seat roadster/sports car. Engine would likely be a turbo 4 of some kind.

Offer manual transmission as an option in all models, prioritize low weight and performance. Let Chevy keep it Corvette, but Pontiac has the remainder of GM's performance line, and stays well away from the rental fleet vehicles it had in the past.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock