Could be a good deal? L67 by pcgold
Started on: 12-05-2015 04:07 PM
Replies: 4 (238 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 12-06-2015 11:16 PM
pcgold

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcgoldSend a Private Message to pcgoldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 CJB with only 27k on it. It's in mint shape and too nice to mess up (at least IMHO).

So, I plan on looking for a project to do a swap and will start getting the bits and pieces. I've got the storage room and no timeline.

This guy is 15 minutes from me. I've asked for more info about the engine.

What do you think?

For your 'merkuns, that's $300 Cdn, which is about $200US. Even if it's just a lump, might be worth it. I'm thinking on it.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-engi...hNavigationFlag=true

[This message has been edited by pcgold (edited 12-05-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the blower is good, you're golden. Even if it isn't it's still a good deal if whoever did the work knew what they were doing.
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's what it says it is I'd go for it for sure. Looks nice and clean and ready to go. Even if it's bad motor and the heads are new like it says, the heads and supercharger are worth well over asking price.
CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You and I are on the same track...I also have an 88 CJB and I decided to preserve it , and do all my HP mods on another Fiero. I recently brought home the parts car for the build, a 2003 LE GTP. My thread: Link
Good luck and keep posting your progress reports.

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, Yellow, original. (CJB #118)
1977 Pontiac Le Mans Can-Am W72, original, unrestored.
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (Parts Car)

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would seem that engine is a real bargain even if it is used for parts. You don't get 3800SC engines around these parts for that. Looks real clean and if it was rebuilt right, you hit the jackpot. If you buy the engine, you can do a cylinder leak down test to check the condition of each cylinder. It that checks out, the engine is probably good but it doesn't guarantee it will operate without bearing problems. As bearing problems can only be detected by a complete disassembly , I would just install it and hope for the best.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock