Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  RUCKUS 14 -- Come And Drive It -- Gonzales TX -- October 16-18 (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RUCKUS 14 -- Come And Drive It -- Gonzales TX -- October 16-18 by blakeinspace
Started on: 07-24-2015 02:10 AM
Replies: 75 (1887 views)
Last post by: Cajun on 11-01-2015 02:29 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is time to make your plans to attend the FOURTEENTH RUCKUS!! (can you believe it, Chuck?)

For Ruckus 14, we are going someplace very powerful to all Texans. Where the opening shot of the Texas Revolution was fired by a small cannon that changed our world. Where in defiance, the city was razed. Her men slaughtered at the Alamo and Goliad. Her flag has become a legend... And her legacy is tangible. You can actually touch it.

The Ruckus is going to Gonzales

Just a short drive from our big clubs in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston... a lazy jog from DFW, and not too arduous run for our Okies... I am hoping this Ruckus will have a nice turnout. Here is what is in the pipe...

On Friday, October 16...
I have us a tour at the Spoetzl Brewery at 130pm, we will eat prior,... And the tour is FREE!!
(And comes with free tasting samples!)

That evening for supper, a Yogurt & Cajun Food place (yes, you read that right...) is closing up at 7pm and allowing us full use of his restaurant which is on the gorgeous main square of Gonzales. You ever had woodsmoked boudin? You will. (They have more than just Cajun as well).
http://www.yelp.com/biz/yog...-cajun-cafe-gonzales
Please let me know if you will be taking the FREE tour at the brewery, and let's fill this Cajun place to the gills! Friday's special is fried catfish! ( <--- see what I did there?)

On Saturday, October 17...
We are getting a private tour of Gonzales's 1800's era jail. It is one of the few remaining structures of its' kind. We will drive past a few cattle barons homes (last name of Houston, by the way)... And then head over to the Gonzales museum where the you can stand beside the relic that to this day represents defiance and independence.
For lunch, we will head to Schulenburg and have German buffet in a turn of the century saloon and dance hall.
The cost is $14.50 per person all inclusive (includes drink and tax and tip.)
http://sengelmannhall.com/welcome

I have us a stop or two in the area afterwards.
Supper will be back on the square for good Italian food at La Bella Tavola
http://www.yelp.com/biz/la-bella-tavola-gonzales-3

On Sunday, October 18...
We will say farewell, and look forward to the Round-Up in the spring. Mexican breakfast (with pancakes!) at Mr. Taco. http://www.yelp.com/biz/mr-taco-gonzales
For those that want to join, I am looking forward to a Sunday lunch stop in either mecca of BBQ, Lockhart.

Between breakfast and lunch, I have a nearby idea or two up my sleeve.

The Westwood Inn event hotel is the newest one open in Gonzales!
http://www.westwoodinn.com

The rooms are awesome. Queen beds! Big ole shower heads. Kitchenettes! You won't believe the price I negotiated either... $65!!! (per night). It does not have a good place to gather like some of our previous hotels for nightly storytime... But we will overcome. It is the Westwood Inn, the property manager is ready yet for us to call in on the "PONTIAC CLUB" block of rooms. I have blocked us 20, at that rate, I am hoping we can give him more business than that. You can call, or email (addy is below), and they will email a confirmation reply. If you call, you will need to leave a CC, but not if you email.
"Your group can start making reservation from now. If calling, please make sure to mention the Pontiac group reservation.
Hotel phone number is 830 203 5090
Email address is westwoodinntx@gmail.com
Make sure to write 'Pontiac Group' in the subject matter."
Thanks,
Westwood Inn
2669 Water St, Gonzales TX 78629

Lastly... -----> WE WILL BE DOING SWAG BAGS! <----
To participate please bring 2-3 dozen 'treasures' that you bought, baked, made, stole, found, trashed, bartered, created, or have surplus. We put one of each in a bag and then each contributing participant will get a bag of swag. I am going to try to get the city of Gonzales to chip in some logo merch too.

SHIRTS
In my head they look simple and great and every Texas car enthusiast will want one. In execution... I may have to take a cannon to the gut if I let ya down.
R14 attendees (and anyone that might like a shirt)... Please make your request known... Especially for unique treatment like exxxtra X's or ladies sizes.

It will help me accurately forecast the sizes. Here's what I have been texted/told/facebooked/PFFd:

Troy & Elvie, L and ladies M
TXGOOD, XXL
Jim E, two XXL and ladies L
Mike P, two XXL
Anthony, XL and ladies L
IwannaIRM, M and XXXL-T
Ben & Becca, XL and L
Hiwil, S and XL and ladies M
CenTex, XL
Poe, XL
Dan J, L and ladies M
Chase, two M
Mike V, XL

Attendance is free! Donations at the museums accepted. I will do my best to keep other costs low.
Please come and enjoy one of the most significant and historic locations in Texas. Gonzales.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 09-03-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know when I can book it, sounds fun.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a good time...won't know if Kathy & I can go for sure till we get a little closer...projects at my work can shift fast.

But planning on being there...if at all possible.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll Be there!
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well chosen Blake!!
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We should be there as well!
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`ll be there. I should even have my car all one color.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

FOURTEENTH RUCKUS!! (can you believe it, Chuck?)

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

And happy birthday, Blake!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2015 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do believe I will be there....
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there...will have the t-top up and running since the IMSA won't be finished by then. Can't wait for some Fiero cruisin'.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hotel info is now on the first post, you can call or email them, as well as a more accurate itinerary.

Glad to see a lot of interest!
PFF
System Bot
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Room booked!!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Room booked.
Looking forward to it.
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remind me as we get closer to bring your part Mike!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I just remembered about that when I saw your post yesterday.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang, I'd sure like to come to this. Can't make any promises though.

I'm planning a motorcycle trip in October, that trip wasn't planned to go quite that far south and wouldn't take me down to Texas but, I'll look at it and see if there's time and resources ($$$$) to add a little side trip. No, I won't be driving my 3800SC Formula but, that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy seeing all of my Texas and Oklahoma friends again. We'll have to see what I can work out.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-18-2015).]

Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2015 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Booked! With Apu

Got the Honeymoon suite.

Looking forward to it.

Jim

[This message has been edited by Fierosmith (edited 08-08-2015).]

sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake!
My work calendar is clear. Hotel is booked. I'm also taking that Friday off to party on down with the caravan! See you in October.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to Red River Ruckus 1. Fun time, but a lot of driving as I was living in upstate NY then and my Fiero traveling buddy AC passed on in 2013.

AC on the Power Tour 2011.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 08-11-2015).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2015 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have fun, no vaca time and no $$ .. lol

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I went to Red River Ruckus 1. Fun time, but a lot of driving as I was living in upstate NY then and my Fiero traveling buddy AC passed on in 2013.

Hey Larry... I remember you and the SpookyGT and Mr Dobson quite well. We could not believe y'all made that trek all the way from NY state to join us.
That is a fantastic picture you posted of him... Look at that smile!

Ruckus show is still trucking along with its same quirky format... And been to 14 different locations across Texas and Oklahoma. As we age, it gets harder to get in and out of those little cars..., but the friends and experiences are still worth the effort. Come join us if you can!...
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have Spooky and drive it a bit. It still runs well, but I don't drive it that much.

A show in Ft Pierce a month or so ago.
Load Clear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2015 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Load ClearSend a Private Message to Load ClearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a great agenda, we can't wait, room is booked and I'll be taking the day off Friday so as not to miss a thing. When the T-shirt order is taken I'd like one large mens and one medium womens.

Troy & Elvie
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shirt ordering in first post

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-21-2015).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1-ea XXL for me.
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Room is booked. I need an XL, Womens M, and a small tshirt.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn 7 hours from my house.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ruchus 14 appears to be a fun agenda! I'm thinking about giving it a try? No promises, it's all dependent on how the '86 GT holds out durning a week of Cruz'n the Coast in Mississippi.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cajun

1554 posts
Member since Dec 2003
Ruchus 14 appears to be a fun agenda! I'm thinking about giving it a try? No promises, it's all dependent on how the '86 GT holds out durning a week of Cruz'n the Coast in Mississippi.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

Youngsville. My family lives around there. New Iberia and Lafayette Parish. I love Billeaud. Don's isn't too shabby either.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This would be my long overtime weekend. 24 hours in two days. Would cost me a small fortune to attend. We gonna have to pass. You guys have a great time.
Joe & Cathy Crawford

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 08-29-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's talk caravan!

NTFC that would like to go to the Spoetzl Brewery on Friday 16th, need to meet up at our Whataburger in Hillsboro for an 0800 DEPARTURE. yes, you read that right, roll out IS at 0800!
We will take I-35 down to Waco and then TX-77 South.
The destination is Roberts Steakhouse in Flatonia at 1100 for lunch.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/rob...steak-house-flatonia
We will take a 1.5 hr lunch stop, then head to Shiner which is 30 minutes away. Our tour is at 1330, must be on site by 1310.

If you miss the caravan rendezvous, you can probably save some time by taking 35 down to the 130 toll road and cutting over.
Just wanted everybody to have the meet points and details.

I have another sweet stop for us in Shiner after the tour, then we will head into the hotel in Gonzales as a group.
Supper on Friday evening is at 0700 at a Cajun diner on the Gonzales town square that is staying open just for us as a private party!

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 09-03-2015).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2015 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m going to try to get some of the Bat City folks to meet you guys somewhere on 77 and we will caravan with you the rest of the way.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are approaching 1 month to go date!

Have you got your Swag Bag items? Have you booked your room? Have you told me a shirt size? Is that car ready to roll?

Chop, Chop... Don't miss out!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2015 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SWAG

Stuff We All Get

Help make the Ruckus SWAG Bags awesome by bringing a bunch of little items that you like seeing in your own swag bag. From sunscreen to skittles. Most unusual item was forceps that maryjane put in every bag. Most useful was some zip ties that we combined to make a temporary throttle cable for a roadside repair on the cruise!
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2015 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blue will be making her debut in Gonzales!

Hope to meet up at the lunch spot.

Swag bag items in process,

Its gonna be a great time! Can't wait!

Better get out there and work on her, to be sure.

Jim

And PS: Bump!
Dgzfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DgzfieroSend a Private Message to DgzfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take an XL shirt.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2015 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got you down Doug!, glad to have you on board!

Make sure you get your room booked and spread the show news to the Okies!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We hope to be there but I just don't know at this point.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

We hope to be there but I just don't know at this point.

You... Sir... Have an excuse.
However, if you can make it, we will make sure to dote on you plenty!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock